Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I put down all my miles on a hardtail.

Here's my girl bike. Well, it's not actually a Sporto I suppose, it's a 99 Buell Lightning 12. Save all the boring jokes about it being a stupid chopper.

This isn't the most recent photo. It was right around when I was buttoning everything up.

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

hayden. posted:

Is that a car tire on the rear?

Yeah. It's a Firestone Deluxe Champion 500 x 16.

n8r posted:

Hows stopping w/ no front brake?

It's good. I have a nice setup on the rear, 4 piston Tokico on a 11.5" aluminum Wilwood rotor.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Schlieren posted:

I was thinking about doing this but the Vredestein that everyone uses is an inch off to fit my current wheel, and the modifications for a different wheel really wouldn't justify the savings on the tire after factoring in the "test pilot" aspect of darksiding. How do you like it?

It works as well as it's motorcycle counterpart. I was running vintage tires to begin with, so that compromise had already been made. I chose the car version because it's rated to higher speeds than the motorcycle tire.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Blooot posted:

Good with an aluminum rotor being your only active brake?

http://www.wilwood.com/Rotors/RotorList1.aspx?mktname=Aluminum%20Sprint%20/%20Midget%20Rotor-42T

"Unsafe for street use & unsuitable for most forms of Racing."

I don't know why I thought it was Alu, my rotor is stainless.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I used a Buell Lightning motor for the my chop, and really, as asinine as it may sound, I think it's one of the best fits for that setup. In their natural setting Lightnings have all of the issues mentioned, and subsequent drawbacks. However, in a chop, it's ideal. Powerful, tidy, and reliable (for an HD) is everything I could ask for in a donor motor.

So basically, if you are going to be dumb like me and ride a chopper, be smart and use a Buell motor.

• Locked thread