Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

What's the go with the orange things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Oh, ok.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Can't really say I pay much attention to my tach - can hear/feel everything you need to anyway. I think the only time I check it is to double check what gear I'm in if I've forgotten.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Couple of things;

1. Mild seasonal showers are the worst, they just bring the oil to the top of the road and the water sits there being slippery as gently caress, I prefer heavy rain to rain that's just light/heavy enough to sit.
2. You possibly have tyres that are just bad at wet weather/old.
3. You might not be being as gentle on the throttle as you think. Smoothness is the key.
4. Motorcycles can change drastically in their handling from cold tyres to warm tyres, this is especially noticable in the wet.

Riding in the wet can be enjoyable if you build up your confidence in it and just relax.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Verge posted:

Generally, keep your tires between the 2 divets in the road caused from wear from use - the water is there, you'll see it.

To add to that part, the tyre "tracks"in the road are where most of the water sits, so it's the best place at the start of rain. In the middle between them is where most of the oil falls, at the start of rain it's the slipperiest place you could possibly be. If its been raining decently for 10 -15 minutes the oil will be mostly washed out of the middle part and it's better to be there. Push that to 30 minutes or so for lighter rain.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

In a lot of cruiser riders defense, the old Club guys I hang out with occasionally were the first people I came across to instantly recognise what my 690SMC was. They thought it was a "sweet bike to get arrested on." Then they bent back down to keep working on the old harley they were fixing.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Outside Dawg posted:

Most of the haters (on both sides) in my experience are people that have never ridden the style they hate. If you don't like one style or the other, I get that. Ride what you like and shut up already. We can all hate hipsters.

Preach!

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Coydog posted:

Is "both" not an option? :tinfoil:

I hope it is :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

What is wrong with you, jesus.

• Locked thread