Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
My roommates are from WI and on my last trip up there I found out that apparently Harley Davidson employs every person in Wisconsin. I also got a chance to ride on a brand new "root beer" Ultra and holy poo poo. Totally different experience, it doesn't even feel like a motorcycle as much as a chariot. I liked it a lot, feels pretty cool to have all that lowdown torque and despite the weight, once you're moving it doesn't feel like a pig.

If I wasn't a broke college student I would seriously consider an 883, but I'm also pretty dead set on a sumo for my next bike and you can't really have it both ways. You can never have too many bikes and I definitely understand the mindset behind having a cruiser in addition to a sporty bike since it's really incomparable.

Also, another weird HD thing: apparently the assembly crew and the steelworkers have separate unions and are not all buddy-buddy. So you can have two guys go to work at the same factory, one stamping metal 50 feet from another putting together engines, and they will go to different bars and different group rides (riding the same bikes of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

redscare posted:

As for the Ducati, the main reason I didn't go there is because gently caress me if I'm paying Ferrari prices for spare parts.

So you got a Harley :confused:

I'm just poking fun. It's an awesome bike and definitely cooler looking than a Duc (although that's totally subjective). I'd take it over a Monster.

• Locked thread