Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

CombatMedic posted:

My Genuine Harley-Davidson(R) Brand Motor Accessories(R) Buster Sword(R) is on backorder.

Does anyone have a theory why the V-rod line isn't more popular? It's priced close to the Dyna line, yet it has a much more modern engine, lots more HP and torque, not styled like Grandpa's bike, but it is still a Harley.

I feel like if they marketed it as "Not your father's Harley" they might actually sell a few.

To modern/modern looking, not enough chrome, doesn't look good with whitewall wheels, etc. I remember asking a harley guy about it and he just shook his head and went "nah no thanks".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

I rode a blast when my mom had one years ago. The most memorable thing was how the seat pushed me forward so all of my weight was on my balls. I really wanted to ride a motorcycle but couldn't because it was a literal kick in the nuts.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

nsaP posted:

Forum stuntastar inolen used to have one...maybe we can get his opinion on how the blast leads one to no-handed 12 o'clock wheelies.

I bet they're really good at ghostriding.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

And then they get off their bikes high fiving each other and forget to take the friggin clubs with them. :lol:

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

I wonder if the belt drives hold up to hard riding/wheelies/etc now. I had a 2003 Buell XB9 which was basically "the belt will break" (and did), while later revised Buells "might break, might not". The XR1200 belts must be pretty solid though if those racers are still using them instead of converting to chain.

• Locked thread