Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I still think that's misleading. If it's an unlit light for heated grips, ok, cause who gives a poo poo. But ABS is the most significant safety feature you can get on a motorcycle and it can easily mean the difference between life and death. There should be no ambiguities about poo poo like that. Especially since we're talking about a couple dollar part (plastic dashboard face or something) that would not bankrupt a company to make 2-3 versions of.

There are no ambiguities. I get into my brand new car. The ABS light doesn't come on with the rest of the lights on the test. I go to a gravel parking lot and lock the brakes up. I go to the dealer. "Your car does not have ABS." Confusion forever and irrevocably resolved.

Even if I only drive the car in straight lines on Saturday mornings with no wind, rain, or clouds, I test the nondestructive safety features at least once. If you don't and haven't done this, then you are irresponsible, and can't prove sound judgement, and aren't allowed to have the government make your judgement calls for you at someone else's expense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Olde Weird Tip posted:

There is a certain amount of responsibility that comes with driving any vehicle, and its on you to know what your vehicle can or cannot do.

Agreed. If this were a rental, or something not his (like that airplane argument), then it may stand. 15 months and 12k miles? No.

I just looked at "2008 Road Glide Gauges" in google for about 20 minutes, and couldn't even find a blank where an ABS light might be, so the fact that he knew there was one, and it wasn't working, means he's an idiot that wants to blame someone else for how stupid he was at nearly killing his wife.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

IcedPee posted:

It's been ~55 degrees today and yesterday mornings. My ironhead will not turn over with the electric start and has no kick (it's a 78), however, later in the day, it turns over flawlessly. Is my battery hosed or something? I just charged it about a week ago (wiring on this bike is absolute poo poo. Someone did a DIY and it's a piss poor job). I'm contemplating taking it over to one of the harley shops this weekend and dropping a new one in.

Almost certainly fuel delivery. How's your choke?

• Locked thread