Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nitrox posted:

My friend bought one of these for his Road King and it's the most annoying loving thing in the world. We rode like 2500 miles and in the dark, he was forced to ride ahead of the group in order to keep our retinas from getting burned. But holy poo poo, does it light up the country roads in the dark, I tell ya

Tell your mate to stop being a oval office and adjust his headlight.

Those LED units are super good though, million times better than most factory HD headlamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Strife how do you think the Milwaukee engine compares to the old twin cam?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I've ridden a few street 500/750's. I like the engine and how they ride, but I agree they're a midget's bike. Also the switchgear and other plastic parts felt horribly cheap compared to a Japanese bike or 'real' Harley.

I'd take the new Bonneville over a scout any day of the week cause they handle a billion times better than most other cruisers but that's just me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dealers =/= the company that makes the product. Dealers are pretty much all trash scum regardless of what bikes they sell.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's pretty normal for a big air cooled lump. Did you have it remapped for the pipes? What do your spark plugs look like?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

windex posted:

I have a bone stock Fat Bob 114

Post more you loving legend, those are incredible.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

windex posted:

Just for you, I broke out the real camera:

:circlefap:

What kind of gas mileage out of curiosity? What's it like on long trips?

Coydog posted:

I'm pretty sure I was aware of this model, but not what it looked like. Holy cow that's beautiful and :perfect: . I'd daily the heck out of that. Nice tail rack and colors.

Stroll into a showroom and look at any of the new softtails up close, the quality and level of detailing is pretty impressive. Reminds me of cb1100, vitpilen, duc 99#'s and so on; every little thing seems like it's custom made for that particular model, no generic parts. It blows my mind that you can buy that brand new alongside other brand new bikes that have hardware store looking nuts and bolts holding the pegs and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

A little fairing goes a long way.

A batwing fairing in my experience is like a sail if it's attached to the bars and makes for an unpleasant wandering sensation at high speeds.

• Locked thread