Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Im going to be renting a hardley in Miami (Friend who rides visiting for my wedding wants the full 'American experience' or something).

If you could ride any harley for 1-2 days, which would you ride?

At the moment leaning towards a v-rod since at least its not super slow..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Riding buddy has a 1125CR - that bike can haul some serious rear end. Plus it has the counter rotating belt tensioner/pulley thing which I love to watch working for some reason.

I'd ride the poo poo out of one.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
I'd mentioned a few pages ago I was going to rent a Harley in Miami, so figured I'd give my quick impressions.

My brother, best friend and I rented 3 bikes - a Sportster, Nightster and Electra. Seeing as I'm the only one whose ridden a bike which weighs more than 400lbs before I put my name down for the Electra. We swapped out during the ride (4 hours only due to time constraints).

Electra: I really liked this bike. It was perfect for sitting back, cruising along and enjoying the scenery. It was the 96 cu motor. It definitely had a lot of torque down low, but it wasn't fast by any stretch of the imagination. That didn't matter though, because we were just cruising enjoying the sights.
Notes:
- CD player on a bike - much more fun than you'd expect.
- For such a big heavy bike it sure was agile at low speeds once you got over the 'its gonna fall over!' factor.
- The sound was glorious.
- The vibration at idle was insane, as soon as you got moving it became buttery smooth.

Sportster/Nightster:
No redeeming qualities in my book. lovely handling, slow, uncomfortable. Felt really cheap.

When I get older I think I might pick up a Harley tourer...

• Locked thread