Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Oh good timing. I need to solicit some free internet advice regarding my scoot:

1942 WLA. Former WW2 Army bike turned flat track racer in the 1950's turned bobber/love-of-my-life about a year ago.
the only outstanding issue for me* is the logo on the tank:

That sticker is not only poorly fitted, with seams and bubbles, but is also from the 60's.

Unfortunately Harley didn't use decals in the 40's so the closest correct thing would be metal tank emblems which wouldn't fit my military tank.

I was thinking about either going with an older HD logo, like the one below from the 30's, or just sticking with a white star or invasion star as a nod to the bike's original paint.

Opinions very much appreciated.

*Although to be honest I'm still on the fence about whether I should leave the 50's sportster forks as they are or to track down an original springer front end. I think it has a nice clean look right now but on the other hand springer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread