Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
I've been wanting to get rid of my Triumph for a while now, and when I saw this beauty at the local Harley dealer, I had to have it.

2011 V-Rod Night Rod Special in matte black w/ orange accents. The only things that it has done to it is a different rear fender (it has the V-rod muscle rear fender w/ integrated brake light and turn signals) and a Vance & Hines Competition 2 into 1 exhaust and a Vance & Hines FuelPak. I plan on getting the exhaust ceramic coated because that poo poo is HOT in traffic and I lightly toasted the heel of my right boot. I also want to get a quieter baffle because its loud as gently caress and a little droney at highway speeds.

The lady at the dealer didn't get it when I asked if I could apply for a personalized plate instead of a standard one, and put "LYRDN" on the application.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Strife posted:

Is it comfortable? I've always coveted the Nightrod but I heard it wasn't the smoothest ride.
I may get a different seat for it eventually, but so far it is VERY comfortable.

Radbot posted:

How much did it run you?
Right about $12k, which is what KBB lists bluebook as.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer

iwentdoodie posted:

Not to be an rear end or anything, but if you're already looking at 12k+ for a VRod, is there any reason other than brand loyalty to not pick up a Diavel instead? I'd say VMax but gently caress the price on those.

Couldn't find a decent Diavel anywhere around me for less than $14k-ish, and the local Ducati dealership kinda sucks and wouldn't let me test ride the new one they had. Plus, its a Ducati and I don't have $5000 a year to put towards maintenance.

• Locked thread