Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Choom Gangster posted:

I put down all my miles on a hardtail.

Here's my girl bike. Well, it's not actually a Sporto I suppose, it's a 99 Buell Lightning 12. Save all the boring jokes about it being a stupid chopper.

This isn't the most recent photo. It was right around when I was buttoning everything up.

Hows stopping w/ no front brake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I've ridden for years and I found the 883 to be a rather terrible bike to ride at lower speeds. It's very top heavy and hard to handle. After riding it I frankly was shocked that people say it's a girl's bike. Yes it's slow, but it's heavy and ungainly at slower speeds. I don't think it's a bike that will build a beginning rider's confidence.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I've found the non sportster Harleys to be better weighted and less top heavy. I've never actually ridden one. I could see how you would feel more confident on one than the sportster.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Something about the size of the headlight that messes up the look of the frontend for me.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Did the battery need to be charged? Fuse? Harley Factor?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

So it turned over a few times / backfired / then was totally dead? Any new battery should be able to turn a motor for a pretty long time before dying.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I don't think backfiring is all that dangerous in general. Just don't go loving w/ the throttle as you start it. Just hold the starter down for a bit and see if it starts.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I can't wait to simultaneously hate what you are going to do to that bike because you have questionable taste, but respect the fact that you do most of the work yourself and do at least somewhat original things to your bike.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The one bike that had some decent crossover appeal to the non-harley crowd, they axe without advertising it.

There isnt an :ughh: big enough

I live in Milwaukee, and this poo poo makes me so drat mad, because I really want to root for them, but they keep pulling the dumbest moves.

Don't you think the AMA series they supported was advertising?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Harley updates their bikes - they're just restricted as hell as to what they can do because their buyers like "classic" Harleys. They're pretty drat good at what they do though.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Try cleaning the seals w/ a sealmate or a homebrew version of it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I think the fork boots look a little too big and even if they fit a little silly.

• Locked thread