Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
Me and my bike support this thread.

'08 Night Rod Special and my first Harley. Bought in April and rode the poo poo out of it all summer, but alas in about an hour I'll be heading out to put it in hibernation for the winter.

Coming from a Kawasaki Vulcan the riding position required some adjustment to be sure, but once I got used to it I loved it. My only complaint is that the stock seat is a bit uncomfortable for long rides, which it why I'll be replacing it before the start of the '12 riding season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit

CombatMedic posted:

Sup Night Rod buddy?

Here's another shot of mine:

That sir is a fine looking ride. What seat do you have? That little indent for the tailbone looks mighty comfy!

CombatMedic posted:

Have you run into any quirks or problems besides the seat?

For reference I'm 6'2, ~250lbs.

Not really, other than the previously mentioned adjustment period. When I was driving it home from the dealer I was convinced I would change out the handlebars and add a windshield, but after riding it for a week or so I changed my mind.

That said it can get a little tiring keeping my feet planted on the pegs when traveling at highway speeds (65 - 75mph) for extended periods of time, but I try to limit my time on highways anyway as I prefer utilize back roads while riding.

There's also the ego inflating bonus of having every gas station attendant who's assisted me when filling the bike saying it was one of, if not the, coolest bikes they'd ever seen (a sentiment shared by most of my friends). It's also surprising how very few people even know this bike exists, let alone that it is, of all things, a Harley. The bike definitely turns heads.

TheKeeper fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 22, 2011

• Locked thread