Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SeamusMcPhisticuffs posted:

Don't forget communist liquid cooling.
And an engine designed by Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Nazis make great engines! But then, I'm not a Harley owner.
But have I got the Harley for you!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

clutchpuck posted:

Is it just me or is the new Switchback model a dead ringer for my dumpy ol Yamaha? I've always suspected this Vstar is a nod to AMF Harleys, but now I think I have my confirmation.

vs
I don't really see much resemblance beyond "red cruiser." The Yamaha looks more Softail inspired, really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

elsanto posted:

Always wanted to try out a Buell Lightning. A naked sportbike with a Harley engine sounds interesting, plus they look cool as poo poo. What are they like to own?
I can't imagine they're too bad to own. There's some reports of some minor QC issues that are easily remedied, but beyond that you have a variant of a very reliable engine that requires minimal work to keep running. Although I do remember some stories of "Step 1: Remove engine" for certain things, though I could be confusing that with something else.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redscare posted:

I'm judging you because its in the kitchen, not the living room
Only R25/3s belong in the living room.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KARMA! posted:

Son, you haven't been on the internet long enough if you think that was a ruckus.
Yeah, those are Hondas not Harleys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Polaris bought Indian this time, so they'll either stick around or become a sub-brand of Victory, since Victory has been reasonably successful.

• Locked thread