Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

Always wanted to try out a Buell Lightning. A naked sportbike with a Harley engine sounds interesting, plus they look cool as poo poo. What are they like to own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

Anyone done a fork spring replacement? I am going to attempt one on the wife's Sportster. Any pointers would be appreciated. Like, do I need to replace the fork oil?

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

DILLIGAF posted:

gently caress

So I need to take the forks of the bike?

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

Hey, no worries. That's what forums are for. Thanks for the link.

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

I want to put a quick release windshield on my Sporty Low. Who makes a good one (besides Harley)? Is National Cycle worth the money?

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

Cool. Looks like its either National or Memphis Shades.
I need to do a fork spring replacement, and would like to install a drop in kit like this one: http://www.progressivesuspension.com/dropin/index.html
Are there any tips and tricks to this, or is it really that easy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Changing springs and fork oil is very easy once someone shows you how to do it. Not having someone there you will be lucky if you don't punch yourself in the face with the top nut when you decide to unscrew it, there is also a trick to getting the forks aart and when to slip an allen into the bottom of the fork to unscrew it and when not to.

All in all find smeone who does Harley forks and ask him to show you how to do it, it's a 20 minute job for someone who knows his poo poo. It's 4 hours of head smashing misery without it.

I've been warned numerous times to be careful taking the top nuts off. The allen in the bottom of the fork is the fork oil drain plug?

• Locked thread