Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Deeters posted:

I rode my Blast for two years without any real problems. Sure, it wasn't anything fantastic, but it got the job done. It managed a 6 hour round trip and countless times being jumped off curbs. The Ninja 250 is certainly a better bike, but I didn't think the Blast was terrible.

My opinion might be a little biased since I have been around Harleys and Buells my whole life, but I figure I rode them enough to make a good judgement.

I've recommended it to some friends for this reason, as long as they're going to be proactive and get rid of it for a new bike in only a year or two. Sometimes they're cheap enough that, if they're running, you might as well buy it for a season. I've only heard terrible things about Blasts so it's nice to hear they aren't completely awful.

Forum stuntastar inolen used to have one...maybe we can get his opinion on how the blast leads one to no-handed 12 o'clock wheelies.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I always had a thing for XR1200s until I found out they're nearly 550 lbs if I remember correctly. No wonder at Indy the Moto3 250cc singles turn faster lap times...

Still kinda want one.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 11, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

clutchpuck posted:

The nice thing about motorcycling is it isn't always about lap times. I think 550lbs is fine for a street bike with a buttload of midrange like the XR has. The XR is not super flickable but it will lean over and hold a line well enough.

XB12S Lightnings are what you "XR is too heavy" guys are looking for though. Under 500lbs, similar sound and torque to an XR, oil cooled heads like the XR, proper rear suspension, only one front brake to worry about, fully-reprogrammable ECM, and around half the cost. It's an ugly duckling but you don't see much of it from the saddle.

True enough, it sounds like you have me pegged. I didn't mean that it's all about lap times, it was just a comparison. It just struck me as odd how heavy it was for a naked standard, since it has 120 pounds or so on my naked 600. It was just hard for me to see where that weight was.

I'm also just a little girl that likes light bikes as well.

• Locked thread