Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
You go full dresser of course! Car stereo, straight pipes the whole nine. It's just two days; live a little, jeez. It will be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Drumstick posted:

Thanks, Im trying to narrow my selection down between the sportster, Vstar and shadow spirit as a first bike. Didnt mean to cause too much of a ruckus just looking for opinion/thoughts.

Son, you haven't been on the internet long enough if you think that was a ruckus.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

ReelBigLizard posted:

Agreed. I'll happily spend a couple of hours busting my knuckles swapping tyres with levers and elbow grease than spend the (entirely reasonable) £25 to take it to a tyre place. But I also have some trust issues with the local mechanics; Saw a bike a while back where my ex-dealer hadn't torqued the front caliper bolts properly :stare:

I did that... on my own bike. Maybe I should start trusting mechanics?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Why? That's pretty typical harley worship to me.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
What's the appeal of air cooled? History, easier mechanics, or something else?

• Locked thread