Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
I have a couple of Buells, do I fail at club joining?

I do like to go on poker runs dressed in full gear just to piss off the Harley guys because my little Buell sounds better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Having a lightning and a firebolt, both XB9's I'll agree that The brakes won't stand up to track use. I used to have a Daytona 600, traded it for the Lightning.
In retrospect, that wasn't such a good trade, but the Daytona I bought for my ex to ride and it was my last link to her...so it needed to go away.

I'm 6' tall and 190lbs, 34 inch inseam. Even with Uly pegs, the lower ergos are torture, but arms are fine.

If I am just putzing around, I'll take the Lightning, if I want to run 300+ miles, it's the firebolt. I just don't feel comfortable on the Lightning, not that the saddle isn't great, it's that you sit up, and your weight shifts back, unloading the front tire.
I just don't like that.

The firebolt is a weapon for the corners, or long fast rides.

In fact, I am going to go look at an 1125R today that I'd be trading the Lightning for.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
I put new pipes on my Softail heritage last week. It's been back to fuckin winter around here so the bike's been in the garage.

It had a mismatched set on it, a slash cut pipe that was just hanging off the rear cylinder and the front was a vance and hines ???? that had been hacksawed down...poorly.
They looked terrible, were way too loud and I have been worried about the studs breaking on the back jug.

Two weeks soaking the exhaust bolts in PB blaster and everything came right off and my new 2 into 1 slipped right on.
Now that the weather is getting nicer its time to ride. Cold I can deal with, but cold, overcast, spitting rain/mist and 30mph winds? I stay home.

What host is acceptable to use for pics these days?

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Yay for a sporty without a peanut tank!

Good lookin bike.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
If I ride to town to get a coke, it's 40 miles round trip.

It's 29 miles to where my woman has her business. The third closest town is 35 miles. A peanut tank would make riding impossible out here. If you can't make 170 miles you're screwed.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
My 04 Heritage Softail Classic, FLSTCI thingy.

I bought this as a bank repo a year ago.

Since then I have added:
Kurykan large highway pegs with offset mounts.
A frickin windshield
Lower fork leg air deflectors (not installed in this pic)
cheap 200 dollar ebay exhaust to replace the mismatched pipes the PO had on it.
and mustang seats for me and my girl.
The headlight visors a buddy donated to me and the bell is given to me by a very dear friend of mine.

As far as I know the motor is stock.

I don't plan on doing much else besides maintenance for a long time, I'm saving up for a new Indian, at least that's what I'm saying anyway.
Big baggers are what a guy needs out here, it's 20 miles to town and fuel. Poker runs are 300-400 mile days, and the roads are straight. If i lived somewhere that had interesting roads I'd probably have something that handles better than a Harley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
So this thing sort of fell into my lap.

When desire, opportunity and the correct amount of money all line up, generally I make a bad decision. I don't think I screwed this one up though.

2006 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic. So much chrome! So pretty!

It was raining all day today and I didn't feel like riding it home in the rain, so I took a trailer. By the time I got the trailer returned I just had time to run over to my buddy's house about a mile away.

It already rides so much better than my Heritage. I'm really going to like this bike. :)

• Locked thread