Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
I play some videogames, listen to a lot of music, and also probably want a set of speakers to rout my piano through (yamaha p155).

I was thinking of getting these:pioneer sp fs51

Any reason not to?

Second, I know poo poo about recievers: what do I need to hook these up to my computer? And what's an easy way to switch over to my piano?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
Just to report in, i bought a pair of A2s and they are on their way from amazon. thanks for the recommendation .

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
Alright, just got the A2s today (took 4 days from Amazon with free shipping. awesome...)

These are seriously impressive pieces of craftsmanship. Everything about them says quality.

They also sound great. Way better than any "computer" speakers you can buy (and i've had a lot..), so that debate shouldn't even exist. Even klispech promedias.

Definitely raise them up off your desk to around ear level: makes the sound a lot clearer (not just audiophile mumbo jumbo)

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
Have a pair of old Audioengine 2's, running off of an Audioengine D1. Mostly sit at my desk and listen to music while I work, sometimes play games.

Sometimes I feel like they are lacking in the low-end. Am I just being stupid? They're great speakers. I have promedia 2.1's at work but haven't been there in a while to compare....