Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Are the AV40s worth 30 bucks over the AV30s? Amazon has them at 120 and 90 respectively, and I'd rather not spend a third more if it isn't significant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Thanks guys, I was using a vizio sound bar as my computer speakers until it got commandeered for TV duty. Picked up a Lepai LP-2020A+ and a couple of those Daytons mentioned in the past few pages. Sounds good to me excepting the lack of serious bass and the amp's treble and bass controls don't really do anything, but I'm not working with a subwoofer so :toot: good enough for me and cheaper than getting the same sound out of a set of computer speakers!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Bourbon posted:

They should though. Did you push in the Tone button to enable them?

That worked, thanks!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Sorry to double post but I needed to bump the thread

So I got the Lepai LP-2020A+ and some Dayton speakers and they're great. No problems there. However I also have a USB headset, and I hate switching the default audio device in Windows to switch between the two. I got Virtual Audio Cable to repeat the audio to both devices, but it lags. Is there a sound card or something that I can buy to make Windows push audio to two devices at once without lag? All I want is to turn off my speakers and turn on my headset or vice versa and not have to switch it in the loving control panel. I'm willing to throw some money at this.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

powderific posted:

This guy seems to have had the same issue and found a way to fix it with auto hotkey. http://i.downloadsquad.switched.com/2010/06/16/windows-7-tip-how-to-change-the-default-audio-device-with-a-hot/

Thanks! This will have to do for now.

japtor posted:

Alternatively I'd say the cheap hardware solution would be a headphone splitter and just send audio to both things at all times, although I don't know if that would affect the sound adversely (I assume it does cause it's ultimately halving the signal, but I don't know if it's noticeable).

Or get something like Behringer's ~$25 USB adapter which has line and headphone out...although thinking about it now I forget if both are active at the same time, or if the headphone disables the line out like most computers.

This is actually what I was going to do, but I'm dealing with a USB headset. Unfortunately it looks like the only way I'd be able to do this right now is to invest in a new headset that doesn't use USB. I like being wireless and a wireless headset that doesn't use USB looks like it's around 200-300 bucks, which wouldn't be sooo bad if I didn't already have this one.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I currently use a mini amp and two bookshelf speakers for my audio setup, and my problem right now is that if I want to run them at low volume, there's a hissing and it starts to only drive the left speaker. What should I look for in good sound at low volume that isn't headphones?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

KillHour posted:

What amp and speakers?

Fake edit: Have you tried doing curls with your speakers? :haw:

Hah

Lepai LP2020A+ mini-amp
Dayton Audio B652 speakers

It also gets routed through a Behringer Xenyx 302USB mixer but I dunno if that is what's doing it. It hits the Xenyx before the mini-amp, but so do my headphones and those work fine.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 17, 2015

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

New amp it is.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

signalnoise posted:

New amp it is.

New amp solved the problem. Thanks!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I need some small speakers that take RCA and don't gently caress around. I am replacing bookshelf speakers that I don't have space for.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

Define "don't gently caress around".

Audioengine A2s are quite nice, and very small.

Maybe loving around a little bit more than that, I don't really have that kind of money. Looking at similar form factor to the A2's and the Mackies, do you guys know if the M-Audio AV30's are decent?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I want a good wireless headset. Right now it looks like the Logitech ~surround~ one is a decent buy at 70 bucks. Any others I should consider under 100?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I have been using some M-Audio AV30s but I had to repurpose them in another room. I need a replacement, preferably smaller than those, but still with a ~full~ sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I dunno 50-100? I might just say gently caress it and replace them with AV-32's