Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I needed to upgrade my monitor which was a small ASUS tv I got for like twenty bucks at a best buy in 2014 or so, and as a result had no need for speakers, then after ten years of service it died so I picked up a new monitor, which had inbuilt speakers and they sound bad. I don't know how to describe it beyond both really really muddy and really really far away. I don't have a lot of space on my desk so I bought https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H4T2YPZ because it was cheap and it's exactly the size I need because my desk is small. Knowing nothing about audio, I just assumed this would be fine because I'm not very picky about sound.

Turns out it was much better, but still really really muddy. Does anyone have a suggestion for those of us who would like clearish audio, but have pretty limited desk real estate to be putting a full audio stack on there, preferably under 150$. Eyeballing it, I probably have something like LWH 4x25x3 inches of room to work with.( I have a tiny ikea desk, because I'm lazy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Dicty Bojangles posted:

Creative Pebble 3 are tiny, and sound pretty clear despite their size. They have very little bass, but sound sharp turned up loud. I have them on my work desk (also small like yours) and enjoy them for background music/vids while working. My work music tastes lean toward jazz, classical, and folk/bluegrass - I wouldn’t recommend them if you’re a bass head or need metal (for this I use headphones), but otherwise they’re decent enough considering the size.

Ordered this and it ended up being excellent. Very clear where it needs to be. Thanks!