Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Goldmund posted:

PC speakers suck. I'd grab something like this Pyle amp and these Pioneer speakers

Is this a good idea? Should I buy this? I have a $50 logitec pc speakers set but I'm looking to upgrade to something better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Good to know. Would you be able to recommend an appropriate receiver for these book shelf speakers?

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSi200-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B0018QRO9A

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dominoes posted:

I've been using this setup for my PC, mostly for games:
-Onkyo 507 receiver connected to my video card via HDMI
-A pair of Polk AUdio TSI 500 front speakers
-Polk Audio TS2 center channel
-A pair of Polk Audio Monitor 40s for the rear
-Dayton 10" subwoofer

Sounds great, but takes up a lot of space.

Gotta picture of your setup?

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dominoes posted:

Rears aren't visible in this image.

Thanks. That looks glorious. I plan to listen to a lot of music and I think I'll be switching to towers as my 2.0 computer speaker setup.