Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, been using A2s for a few months now, and they deliver. It's one of those purchases I wont ever regret upping my budget on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

japtor posted:

I have Audioengine A2s (which should be getting updated at some point), the refurb price is $160 so just barely outside your range. They're small and have nice sound, but some people prefer more bass than they can provide. Kind of depends how boomy you like your sound.

As an opinion, when I ordered my A2s, I was expecting to have to get a sub. They've been fine, they actually do more bass than I expected. I don't like boomy, though. These are perfect for really punchy techno and such. Great for gaming. Very responsive. I've probably already posted I love these things like 10 times now.

The new update coming is the A2+, which will have the D1 DAC built into them. I also have the D1 DAC as well, and it's pretty decent for a DAC. It also has the volume knob, so that's a plus. (The speakers do also, but it's on the back of the left one.)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Have Audioengine actually come out with any more information on that aside from those trade show pics? I've heard on more than one occasion that the A2+ isn't actually going to be produced, but there hasn't been an official word on the matter in one direction or the other AFAIK.

They were supposed to be available in March/April and I guess we're long past that. I haven't heard one way or another, so maybe they did ditch them.