Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr_Angry
May 15, 2003
A severe disappointment
College Slice
I've moved to a smaller apartment and instead of having a second TV to use solely to play games so as to not disturb my fiancée or prevent her from watching shows I want to run my existing 360, PS 3 and Wii through my computer monitor. I have a Gateway FHD 2400 HD computer monitor that does HDMI and component (along with the DVI I currently use for my PC) but last night as I was looking for the audio in for the component connection did I realize...of course, this monitor has no speakers.

My current PC speakers are just a generic set of Philips with a small subwoofer that has no audio in so I'm prepared to buy new speakers. Budget wise I have no problem spending a few hundred USD on a good solution (this is a small room so the speakers will never really be cranked up) so what I'm curious about is:
  1. Is there a set of computer speakers with a good subwoofer that would take digital audio output from the 360 and PS 3 and the audio output from a component connection?
  2. Should I instead just be looking at some type of AV switcher to do the job for me? My monitor only has one HDMI input so is there an audio/video switcher that would do the job for me? If I go this route I realize I still need to buy new speakers but then I can just worry about one audio in versus the multi-audio in scenario in question #1.
Recommendations appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU