Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
So I've had Logitech Z5500's for 6-7 years now or something and they work fine and all, but I no longer need a 5.1 setup for my computer. Movies and such I now view output over HDMI to my home theater setup. So mostly I am just playing games and listening to/making music. Unfortunately a lot of the music I listen to is bass heavy so I need something that sounds good, but retains a good amount of clean bass. Also this is more or less to get rid of the insane amount of wires from having 5 speakers around me!

Did some more googling around and it seems the AV40 + Cheap Sub is a good way to go.

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
I had Promedia 5.1 system years ago and it was ridiculous, can't imagine today's version would be worse. The only speakers at the time that crushed the Klipsch in my opinion were the Logitech Z5500 (which I still use) but they don't sell them anymore :(