Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
I'm on the hunt for some new speakers of the wireless variety. The idea is to get rid of all the cords hanging out of my iMac bar one (the power cable).

I tried a bluetooth adapter but the sound quality was horrible, it would disconnect when I used skype (no idea why) and there was annoying audio delay during video playback.

I think the new apt-x standard might solve the sound quality issues though not sure about the others.

I've had a look at Airplay enabled speakers but it's not clear whether I can push audio from multiple applications to the speakers at once. Can anyone clear that up for me?

The speakers I've been eyeing are the:

Philips Fidelio Soundsphere DS9800W

Nocs NS2 Air Monitors

Audio Pro Living LV2e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

KozmoNaut posted:

If you can find a set of speakers with a USB port, you don't even have to use an additional power adapter for the receiver.

I had no idea such speakers existed.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

MMD3 posted:

well this is certainly interesting... the locally designed (if you're in the Portland area) direct-sale speaker company. Aperion Audio seems to be entering the powered bookshelf market. It looks like this could be a compelling competitor to the AudioEngine 5's.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/aperion-audios-allaire-bluetooth-speakers-nail-every-feature-sound-spectacular/

These look like good speakers.

I currently have Creative ZiiSound T6 speakers and one of the best features is being able to switch inputs with a remote. They don't have an optical input but they have USB input instead.

May look at replacing the Creative's with these.

They look awfully similar to the Addon T8's http://www.audiopro.com/products/addon-t8

KingEup fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 1, 2014