Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
I realize I'll probably get burned at the stake for this, but I don't care:

I have a set of Bose Companion 3 Series II speakers for my PC and they are far better than anything else I've ever owned, which includes a lovely 2.1 Logitech system, Klipsch Promedia 2.1, a Logitech 5.1 system (I forget the actual model name; it had a decoder box and was THX-certified), and a Creative Labs/Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 system. The subwoofer hits ridiculously hard for being as small as it is, and the satellites are very clear.

That being said, I believe they only sell the Companion 5 system now which is some stupid pseudo-surround with two satellites and a sub. The one I have is pure stereo. I like the volume control for it, too. The center part is touch-sensitive and you can touch it to mute, which is handy for when someone walks in the room and needs to talk to you.

My Logitech 5.1 system eventually lost a channel in the amp, the CL/CS 5.1 system blew voice coils in the front satellites, and the Klipsch system got crackly after a while which I guess was wiring or the volume control as others have mentioned. The Bose system had a slight issue with the control connection but I fixed that myself and it's been working great otherwise for three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU