Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
How well does the Lepai + Dayton B652 setup compare to something a bit more expensive like the Audioengine A2s or the Polk Monitor30 Series II's that have also been mentioned in this thread? I currently use headphones for everything from streaming movies/tv shows to gaming because the speakers I had weren't very good, so I'd like to get a decent 2.0 or 2.1 system for some of that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hob_Gadling posted:

Poorly, but then again you're comparing a $40 pair of speakers to a $100-200 pair. I would rather spend the extra money and get good, long-lasting speakers no matter the initial cost. Then again I've probably spent more than most on my audio stuff, so who am I to speak. Sometimes you're tight on cash and for $65 the Lepai & Daytons make a decent garage stereo. Sometimes you just want some background noise.

Best bang for the buck is always going to be headphones. If you listen to music as a hobby and are strapped for cash, a ~$100 pair of headphones can be an excellent way to get started.

Thanks, I think I'll get the A2s based on what you guys have said. My headphones are ATH-M50s so they're no slouches, but sometimes I just don't want to wear headphones so I'd like some decent speakers as well.