Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

BurritoJustice posted:

I followed your advice and they are loving dope. Guy threw in a Scarlett 2i4 (1st gen) too. No other accessories though, so need to figure out isolation pads and mounts and stuff.

I'm a total noob to the studio monitor space, literally coming from some Simple Audio Listens so any hot tips would be appreciated.

I read a bit about those monitors and they look sick, and huge. I have a soft spot for focal because they made the woofers in my nicest set of towers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
What would people recommend for very small desktop speakers? Moved into a new home office and unfortunately agree with my partner that my martin logan lx16's are way way way too big for the space. Was looking at vanatoo t0's, kanto yu2's and audioengine hd3's but was wondering if there's anything I'm missing in the small but good category.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

abraham linksys posted:

I love my t0s. I would have gone with something smaller like a yu2/a2+ if I was going to get a subwoofer, since my desk space is at a premium and even the t0s are a bit big for me (though they at least fit under my monitors which was the most important concern). very happy with how much bass these give me with no sub, though

hd3s also look nice; I don't remember seeing them during my investigation of speakers and the one thing they have that I wish the t0s had was a headphone jack (and they do look a hell of a lot nicer aesthetically tbh)

Decided on the T0's and then they went out of stock in Canada so I'm just gonna suffer for a while I guess.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Dicty Bojangles posted:

Thanks for this - I got the A2s and they are by far the best desktop speakers I’ve ever owned. The sound is perfectly balanced for my listening, which varies from hip-hop to classical to experimental. They’re the perfect replacement for my old Bose Companion 2 Series III’s, which I hated for music because of the godawful boomy bass. And they fit just right on my tiny standing desk.

I found a pair of brand new Companion 2's at a pawn shop for $50, got them home and they lasted about 4 hours before I "gifted" them to my sister. I've never experienced a speaker so psychotic about unadjustable bass boost. I thought the tweeters were broken.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.
I have a lot of space constraints because of my workspace so I ended up going with Kanto YU2’s. For their size they’re everything you would ever hope for, obviously would do well with a subwoofer but anything that small is going to suffer on the low end.

I was intending to go Transparent Zero but they’re $610 vs $299 for the Kanto and I just couldn’t justify it for my use case. My expensive speakers live in the living room.