Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah, I'm gonna need to see these in chronological order. Watching the madness develop is always the best way to do it. :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
In order and this is going to be awesome.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Oh lord, this is gonna be one of those threads where I can't stand to read it, yet the sheer horror of it keeps my eyes glued. You are a brave, brave person for doing this for us.

Also, jumping on the chronological order bandwagon.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Rating "5" and demanding Chronological Order. This is going to be amazing.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

This reminds me of my own experience in Junior High. I was a misfit amount misfits because I understood the difference from fantasy and reality. I had my Yami-Kami-Neko princess demon thing, but I knew it was just a character. I also grew out of that. My experience isn't really noteworthy, because I managed to stay away from the crazy-crazies.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
I'm going to check this in the wee hours while I'm feeding the baby and hopefully there will be a tale to make the 4 am feeding worth while!

And pictures please!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Anyways, chronological order is the only way to go, with pictures of course.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Tempting as some of those stories are, I'm afraid chronological order may be the only way to fully digest this.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:
You have my 5, please come back. :(

VVV I was kind of kidding and basically wanted to communicate that I 5'd the thread based on the OP alone. VVV

Sir Prancelot fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 21, 2011

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Sir Prancelot posted:

You have my 5, please come back. :(

At the end of the OP she said she was going to bed, which was only five hours ago. I'm sure she'll have more to say tomorrow.

Anyway, have another vote for chronological order.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think everyone missed the part of the OP that mentioned she was going to bed and will update tomorrow. Calm down dudes!

edit: drat you DarkHamsterlord

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
:suspense:
There are no words. Can't wait for more; stories and drawings both; they fit together perfectly. I suppose it's meaningless at this point but I may as well cast my vote for chronological order as well, the descent into madness has its appeal.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Go in chronological order please.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

uglynoodles posted:

She is entirely unaffiliated with the FF7 house crew. I have actually spoken to the OP of the FF7 house, we have had many conversations snerking about the weirdness of Sephiroth wives and Hojos and unwashed bodies and purple skirts and glitter.

Wait so... the FF7 house was real? I was under the impression that was made up.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Chronological order not because I'm bandwagoning but because that's really the only way we can catalog the descent into madness. Preemptive 5 voting.

Give us more pretty pictures! :3:

Bluff
Oct 7, 2009

by Ralp
5'd

Also voting for chronological order and a move to GBS. This is 'One of those threads' and I can already tell the crazy is on-par with solarspawn and the dragon-fucker people.

Thanks for sharing OP---if it's any consolation, you seem like you turned out pretty cool for being exposed to the radiation crazy equivalent of a nuclear holocaust.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I think she loving gets its supposed to be in chronological order. Let's hope the writing style improves for the next few episodes as well, otherwise I'll feel bad for the mentally ill girl having her life exposed on the internet for Cool Goon Cred.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Schizotypy is a hell of a thing.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Please write much more about this crazy crazy person. Bookmarked for sure.
And great illustrations!

Eridine
Aug 11, 2011
I am going to have to go with...reverse alphabetical.

I must also state my agreement that GBS is the place for this.

Elite Einherjar
Dec 1, 2009

Dareon posted:

My best friend legally changed his name to Sephiroth, I have interest in this topic.

I think this guy also needs his story told.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
nthing the request for chronological order, and I love your drawings! I hope there's more of them in the future posts!

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

I'll be writing the next episode when I get home from work, I'm glad you guys are interested.

As for feeling sorry for her, well... The story starts out nice but she's sort of a vortex of selfishness and mad-crazy. I don't feel bad telling the world about her -- But I did change her name to protect her from random googling.

I'm not sure how I would go about moving this to GBS.

And don't you fret, there will be more drawings.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

You know what's really interesting? This phenomena, this thing that people did (do?) where they are married to anime/videogame folks? That is a new thing. Probably a new thing that doesn't have a bunch of literature attached to it. Soulbonding, otherkin, all of that, it is a completely new thing. Nobody ever thought they were people from Titus Andronicus, Charlie Chaplin films, not even 80's stuff like G.I. Joe. This otherkin thing is 90's on up. What changed in the 90's that did this to people, that's the question I think is interesting.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Peztopiary posted:

You know what's really interesting? This phenomena, this thing that people did (do?) where they are married to anime/videogame folks? That is a new thing. Probably a new thing that doesn't have a bunch of literature attached to it. Soulbonding, otherkin, all of that, it is a completely new thing. Nobody ever thought they were people from Titus Andronicus, Charlie Chaplin films, not even 80's stuff like G.I. Joe. This otherkin thing is 90's on up. What changed in the 90's that did this to people, that's the question I think is interesting.

The internet.

Seriously, teenagers have always come up with cocked-up ideas of original characters or imagining themselves as special somehow, it's as routine as little kids having imaginary friends. But nobody started telling them that they were their original characters and fiction existed in an alternate astral universe where they'd been reincarnated from (or whatever) until the internet came along.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

This girl really reminds me of a girl I went to high school with. She was obsessed with the Power Rangers, and was utterly convinced that the next Power Ranger series was going to star her and her group of friends, which included me ( :gonk: .) She really went to a lot of trouble to convince everyone that she personally knew the stars, tried to get everyone to learn an instrument (as every power ranger group needs a band, I guess), and often LARP'd that she was currently living a Power Ranger episode.

I had dated her for a span of time before and after I learned about this, and I almost feel dirty for playing along with it for so long. :(

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Peztopiary posted:

The internet happened. It's easy to find a whole set of people who are quite prepared to go along with your delusion that You Are An Anime if you are prepared to go along with their delusion of They Are A Dragon.

Get enough people like that together, and others will show up. Some because They Are Actually Vampires, some because they're legitimately mentally ill, and some because pretending that you're a cartoon pretending to be a human is preferable to having no friends at all.

Then a kid who really like pokemon (or dragonball or the lion king or whatever) sees this poo poo and because he's 11 and everyone on this site claims to be is over 20 and talks about their job / house / car / girlfriend, it looks perfectly normal and before he realises it's really stupid he's convinced he's actually a loving pokemon. Or loving a pokemon. Or something.

TheSkeletonMan
Feb 24, 2011

Yayyy awesome let's make fun of someone with a mental illness!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

There is most definitely no precedent for making fun of the mentally ill here at forums.somethingnice.com

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

TheSkeletonMan posted:

Yayyy awesome let's make fun of someone with a mental illness!!!

This isn't even about mental illness, this is about someone who never grew out of HEY MUM LOOK I'M SPIDER MAN, which is hilarious.

gabrielx posted:

There is most definitely no precedent for making fun of the mentally ill here at forums.somethingnice.com

I totally get where you're coming from, but there have also been several threads where legitimately mentally ill people talked about their experiences, to general interest and no mockery whatsoever. Then again, they weren't claiming to be married to aragorn, so there wasn't much to mock.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 21, 2011

Pallas Cat
Apr 11, 2009
This is going to be so deliciously entertaining. Can't wait to see more illustrations.

TheSkeletonMan
Feb 24, 2011

gabrielx posted:

Gee man you sure got a point there, but there's a bit of a double standard here, don't you think? If someone here posted a thread "Ask me about my roommate who's confined to a wheelchair and the awesome jokes I make behind his back" or "Ask me about living with a black person who's totally inferior to me and I remind them of it every day" they'd get torn to shreds. So why should a mental disability, of which a person may have no control over, which they may have been born with, be the subject of light-hearted comedy?

AlphaDog posted:

This isn't even about mental illness, this is about someone who never grew out of HEY MUM LOOK I'M SPIDER MAN, which is hilarious.
Holy poo poo, you're right, this behavior, which displays all the signs of mental illness, is loving hilarious, because it's not mental illness, because if it was, it wouldn't be so loving hilarious!!!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

TheSkeletonMan posted:

Gee man you sure got a point there, but there's a bit of a double standard here, don't you think? If someone here posted a thread "Ask me about my roommate who's confined to a wheelchair and the awesome jokes I make behind his back" or "Ask me about living with a black person who's totally inferior to me and I remind them of it every day" they'd get torn to shreds. So why should a mental disability, of which a person may have no control over, which they may have been born with, be the subject of light-hearted comedy?

Holy poo poo, you're right, this behavior, which displays all the signs of mental illness, is loving hilarious, because it's not mental illness, because if it was, it wouldn't be so loving hilarious!!!
I don't think this is the right thread for you.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

TheSkeletonMan posted:

So why should a mental disability, of which a person may have no control over, which they may have been born with, be the subject of light-hearted comedy?

Because they believe they are married to Naruto, or whatever the gently caress?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Guys I laugh at Tourrette's Syndrome I'm a bad person

Stop making GBS threads up the thread just get out if you don't like it I want to hear about adventures with anime guys.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Edit: Never mind this stupid derail poo poo. Make with the stories, OP.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 21, 2011

Jesoteric
Apr 4, 2010
I know a girl still who is a bit like this, and she's 19.

But instead of being married to anime dudes she believes she's a faerie with various "guardian angel" dudes who live in her head.

I consider her a friend of sorts even though she's got a lot of issues. Most of the time it's not too terrible to deal with, except when she flies off the handle about something or another (she gets angry about a lot of things and hates 90 percent of people she meets).

There was another dude I met once who thought he was half dragon...
And another girl who believed she was an angel. :angel:

Anyway, this thread is great so far. Thanks for sharing :allears:

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:
Would this place be at all appropriate for sharing tales of my college anime club and how it went irreparably insane over the course of a single semester? It went from being a very laid back club for generic nerd interests to a coven of crazed 18 year old girls who believed they were a wolf pack in less than two months. It's got stalkers and monsters and all kinds of madness.

Gobber Jane
Sep 7, 2010

Sir Prancelot posted:

Would this place be at all appropriate for sharing tales of my college anime club and how it went irreparably insane over the course of a single semester?

I think it's typically the OP's choice as to whether they want to share the thread with other story contributors (then again I've never seen an OP say "no"...).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I would really like to hear any insane anime club stories, but it is up to the OP. I have the feeling this thread is just going to be a goldmine of horrible people.

• Locked thread