Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Peztopiary posted:

You know what's really interesting? This phenomena, this thing that people did (do?) where they are married to anime/videogame folks? That is a new thing. Probably a new thing that doesn't have a bunch of literature attached to it. Soulbonding, otherkin, all of that, it is a completely new thing. Nobody ever thought they were people from Titus Andronicus, Charlie Chaplin films, not even 80's stuff like G.I. Joe. This otherkin thing is 90's on up. What changed in the 90's that did this to people, that's the question I think is interesting.
I dunno, dude. Look at Romantic fans of Byronic heroes and you can definitely find creepy, obsessive "truly we were soulbonded" types a lot farther back than you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah, the OP's style is totally normal and fine, aka a thousand times better than the "hilarious" purple prose cultivated by desperate goons.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
You aren't a horrible person. You just don't have boundaries and you don't know what you're doing.

I personally would've distanced myself from him around the time of the party. You're virtual strangers -- it's not your job to police his drinking. He drives drunk. He has weird beliefs that involve you. The bottom line is he makes you uncomfortable, and you don't have to hang out with people who make you uncomfortable. It's not fun. Don't do it.

Your question probably belongs more in e/n, but I'll save you some time -- you should get therapy. You can stop tangling yourself in crazy.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Treguna Mekoides posted:

Let me back up. See, I'm not sure why, but I've often genuinely lost time before. I don't have DID or schizophrenia as far as I know, but sometimes I dissociate or "zonk out" and come to and get a little freaked out. It was worse when I was younger. I genuinely have a hard time with longterm memory and sometimes I don't remember conversations or incidents my friends do; none of these are conveniently times I've hosed up, but all kinds of events, sober ones. I've always struggled with this. I have no idea what causes this. My former therapist was uncertain herself.
I have no idea what your psychological issues are, but this is a classic description of seizures. You should really get an actual medical workup for this.

• Locked thread