Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I think she loving gets its supposed to be in chronological order. Let's hope the writing style improves for the next few episodes as well, otherwise I'll feel bad for the mentally ill girl having her life exposed on the internet for Cool Goon Cred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

This would be fine if it was written in a funny way but I guess there's no other way to attract legions of grey-person-avs to 'five' and 'epic' your thread without writing in the most boring, 'comedy' style ever. There is a lot of potential for the topic but it's basically helldump for someone that doesn't post on the forums and I bet half this thread would poo poo their pants if they didn't have a Safe Space to post in without being subject to that.

I think those are the issues, not that generic "oh this isn't SomethingNice" poo poo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Sir Prancelot posted:

Wait, if it's about the writing style not being fun for you and not about defending Yon Fair Maiden, why are you still here? Go find a thread that pleases you.

edit: Oh.
Because making fun of mentally ill people is weird an creepy? What does my "rap sheet" have to do with it?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

No, it can be funny as hell. Especially when there's even odds on the people in question just being attention whores.

One of my friends is schizophrenic. She has very similar symptoms as the girl in the OP and several other people noted. However, she also suffers for her illness. She is, and has always, been well aware that something is wrong.

On the other hand, I've known a number of people (men and women both) who have prattled on about being an Anime or Dragon or Fairy or whatever because it made them a special snowflake. Was it often a sign of coping with a lovely situation? Sure. Was it any less stupid? No. Is it any less hilarious to make fun of them? gently caress no.

In short, if it ain't funny to mock crazy anime-wives it ain't funny to mock furries and doll-fuckers. And if that poo poo ain't funny, SA's been on the wrong road too long to turn back now.
That can all be funny if written in a funny and interesting way, otherwise it's just sad and boring. Why is everyone cool with making fun of a mentally ill girl who can't respond, but if your posts are made fun of you report it or flip out?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Because we'd be cool with it even if she could respond? Haven't accounts been purchased for people that were mocked in other threads, just so the people can be mocked to their "face"?

I mean, by all means guy, go ahead and white knight the crazy chick who isn't here. Stick with the thread and do it to the end, if that's what you want. But if you don't think it's funny, if you don't think it's cool, then there's an infinite number of things you can go do on the internet that isn't read this thread.
Would it be okay of we started mocking the op in a different thread? Cuz she sounds like kind of a loser too

Edit: gently caress it guess I'm wrong and all the grey people avs are right, I'll just leave

tbp fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 21, 2011

• Locked thread