Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chronological Order for sure.

Man, I thought I was the winner of the crazy contest in junior high, all I had was one of the Digimon Frontier dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I have a friend of a friend that thinks she is going to name her firstborn son Toran Kasu [Very Normal American Last Name]. You see, this name is a twofer. Not only does she get to name her kid after her anime boyfriend (Trunks from DBZ), but also after her anime son (TK from Digimon). Her husband is anti-this. Strangely, this is not the person I mentioned earlier who thought (thinks?) Digimon were real.

Again, I thought I knew weird folks. Then I read this thread.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tasty and Delicious posted:

Why isn't someone buying Denise an account? Surely she can't be so bad that she wouldn't fit in with goons.

Yeah that would work out great. Personally I would love if someone said to me "Hey come check out this website, it's really great" and then 60 people immediately started in on me telling me how stupid and terrible I was and buying me 30 avatars in 4 minutes and campaigning to get me permabanned instantly, to show me true ownage.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Maybe some of you from the community can answer this? Why is it that people like the doll fans or lolitas all seem so angry and fighty all the time? I mean, I hang out with people who punch and get punched in the face as a hobby and they are less confrontational than these LJ groups seem to be.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The only horror 50 Foot Ant knows is people not caring about 50 Foot Ant. I don't read the ghost story threads but can confirm that he had a similar effect on the Trad Games worst story thread for many many pages.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He practices masturbating for an hour every morning. An hour. Every morning.

...chafing...numbness...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If you want to watch an anime that has a lot less of a chance of being creepy and in my experience tends to be better, there is the semi-genre of "other otaku" ankles. I mean otaku here not in the normal American sense, but in one of the original senses of the term. I, like many people, have other hobbies and interests outside anime. Therefore, when trying to find a new anime, I tend to look for ones focused on those interests. They tend to be less creepy on the little girl front because the fanservice is "LOOK HOW MUCH WE KNOW AND CARE ABOUT BOXING/CARS/MAHJONG/WHATEVER".

And Cromartie high. It's just the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Assuming equivalent exchange rates, that's $15,000. That's new car/down payment on a house/huge step toward debt freedom money for angel wings.

• Locked thread