Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs

Anne Whateley posted:

I dunno, dude. Look at Romantic fans of Byronic heroes and you can definitely find creepy, obsessive "truly we were soulbonded" types a lot farther back than you think.

And people have been making fun of them a lot farther back too, just look at Don Quixote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
Isn't this basically the idea behind Last Action Hero?

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
What if our world is just an anime for another higher-level world?

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I bet you could get her to bathe if you took her to a Japanese-style hot spring bathhouse.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
For those that don't know, Drow are basically dark Elves. They live underground and are evil, and generally nobody trusts them. And yes they are black. Drow were made popular in a series of books and ever since everyone in any game vaguely related to D&D wants to play as Drizzt, the main character of that book. I've never read it but I can only assume that Drizzt is equal parts ultimate bad-rear end and brooding emo.

If a storyline isn't going underground then there really isn't a ton of reason for a Drow to be involved, and even then they are probably going to appear as enemies. It probably took some shoehorning to explain why he would even encounter the other characters and why they wouldn't fight each other to the death. Then there's the whole half-vampire thing...

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I'm planning on naming my son Oedipus, I just hope he doesn't try to kill me over it someday.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs

thevoiceofdog posted:

Is there a reason people do the jars of urine thing? I don't get that at all.

My understanding is that it's mostly a paranoia thing, rather than wanting to admire their jar collection or anything like that. They think someone wants to steal their urine, or maybe they think they have been drugged and want to hold onto the evidence. Real-deal schizo type of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs

RazorBunny posted:

My first crush was Kermit the Frog, and until proven wrong (oh god please don't) I am going to cling to the belief that no one has inappropriately sexual thoughts about him :ohdear:

What's green and slimy and smells like bacon?

• Locked thread