Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

That drat Satyr posted:

I decided to go for it with the GoFundMe to try to get the funds to hire a lawyer. I don't know if I'll hit the goal I need, but I overcompensated anyway to account for fees.

I also reposted my story, a more succinct version of what I posted here in this thread (and with more screenshots!) to help promote it.

If you guys feel up to it, any help to even just spread my story would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to sound like I'm soliciting here - because I'm not, but retweets/reblogs would be appreciated.

http://brainmurk.tumblr.com/post/151603563235/myinternetstalkingnightmare

That drat Satyr is raising funds to hire a lawyer to fight their very own (and much, much, much, oh god so much worse) Denise. Read about it around page 190.

ORIGINAL TEXT FOLLOWS:

Denise is a girl I grew up with. Denise is a very special creature that, along with her equally-as-hosed-up cousin Melissa, believe themselves to be reincarnated dragon/demon/princesses/godkillers/angels/succubi whose powers are dominion over "the carnal arts" as they call them.

Both have never had a relationship, serious or otherwise, have never been kissed or touched in a romantic or sexual way, and at least one of the terrifying two does not know how to masturbate.

I know this because I grew up alongside this trainwreck. For many years I tried to help her think in a way that did not involve her being married to Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing, and later Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, and then some time later, some guy from some animu yaoi sex game whose 'spirit' had 'possessed' a "dollfie" of hers. Or something. It's really hard to keep track of Denise's lore. I believe Melissa's husbands included Sesshomaru of Inu Yasha fame, Myotismon from Digimon, and some other characters I can't remember.

I tried to teach her that her body odours and constant layer of grease were not simply 'an inherited trait' that was unavoidable, but rather an accumulation of poo poo that could be washed away and kept up upon. I tried to teach her that pop songs were not written for her by stars who were being 'possessed' by Heero Yuy. I tried to teach her to go out and talk to guys.

I still remember the day she took me aside on the way to the cafeteria and when my ride into crazytown started.

Background

When I arrived wide-eyed and blinking into a new school in Grade Eight, I didn't know anybody. I was thirteen years old and altogether convinced that one day I would animate cartoons in Japan. I'd always been a bit of an awkward but friendly kid, and I was struggling in this new environment to meet friends. When I was sat next to a girl in Home Economics with a similar binder full of drawings, we hit it off instantly and became fast friends. Denise was a little bit awkward too, liked the same little-known cartoons I liked, played a lot of videogames too, and we came from similar troubled-home-life backgrounds. My parents split up when I was very young and my mother was a very angry person at the time who didn't know how to deal with her problems or what to take them out on. Denise's mother up and abandoned her and her father after a year of near continuous fighting. We had nobody else but each other, so no matter how weird what she was saying was, I stuck by her.

We're Receiving a Distress Signal...

A few months into the school year it was beginning to turn into winter. It was cold and daylight hours were shorter, and we were young teenagers with a lot of bad things going on at home. We didn't have anybody else but each other to talk to and often the subject broached boys. Neither of us had had a boyfriend and both of us were enduring screaming sex hormones and we just really really really wanted to touch some dudes okay and it was omg so frustrating that there were kids around us who were totally doing it and we weren't. Why weren't we good enough? It couldn't possibly be because with our powers combined we were Unapproachable Creepy Duo who hid in the corner and never talked to anybody else at all. It was actually because everybody else was a total moron. You know how it is.

It all started with fourteen words.

I had barely said, "What?" before Denise had launched into a tirade about her multi-dimensional existence and how her real self lived in another world as Magnolia, a princess living in a castle in the sky. Apparently this entire world was an elaborate trap designed to destroy souls and Heero Yuy was her beloved who fought tirelessly to get her out of here and back to her world. Her world, and their seven children.

"I know you believe in spirits and stuff," she said, having heard me mutter about some pagan thoughts once or twice. She knew I liked a particular character from an anime we both watched, and she said that I was simply another one of her kind who'd lost their memory. She said he was looking for me too and they were trying to help us escape. Denise looked so distraught. "I'm not crazy," she said.

She was my only friend in the world and I had to help her. We hadn't hung out much outside of school hours but ever since she spilled her 'secret' to me she invited me over a lot. I patiently listened as she explained about her idyllic life in a castle in the sky with Heero and how much she wanted to be with him. She told me how she had waited a long time to bring this up with me because she wanted to make sure I wouldn't abandon her.

Oh Please Tell Me Why... We Build Bullshit in the Sky

When I was at her apartment and we were hanging out in her room, Denise liked to put on the radio and "sing." I can't describe the sounds she made as anything more than "singing" as I'm not sure exactly what it was. She would mumble words she half-remembered in wildly flat and off-key tones, and she'd strike this pose like she was this moonlit, delicate princess serenading the night about her lost love. In fact I'm pretty sure that's what she thought she was doing. She would tell me afterwards that the songs were written about her by Heero Yuy possessing someone. To my recollection, she thought that this exact mix of Ordinary World (Aurora featuring Naimee Coleman - Ordinary World) was one of those made by Heero for her. When she was listening to this song she would often move exactly as the woman does in the video complete with cheesy as gently caress slow-mo and weird "sexy" head tilts. She also thought this song was written for her. (Hero - Enrique Iglesias) "Castle in the Sky" was another one. Apparently it was about her life as Magnolia. In her floating castle sky home place.

I need to go to bed now. SO. Ask me about anything I've already written, or tell me which story to tell tomorrow! I've mainly just started at the beginning, and I was 13 in 2001, so that gives you an indication of how long ago these bits were. I have more. Much more. So much more. Still to come is Melissa, a whole other person that proves nuttiness is genetic!

x. Magnolia is replaced by Parrier, who is a Demon. The worst demon ever.

x. "Totally Real Possession" and 'No Uglynoodles, I'm Not a Lesbian'

x. The Sex and Gender Talk

x. Denise retcons Heero Yuy into Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7. Astral babies ensue.

x. The Birthday Incident.

x. I Can't Help You, I'm Saving Up For My Dollfie

I have many more stories from the annals, but I'll give you the choices of these for now as I'm sure someone will ask me for elaboration on stuff I've already gone through!

//EDIT// 24.10.11
Denise is not affiliated in any way with Jen, Hojo, or any of the other "FF7 House" crew as documented on demonsushi.net, but I have had long chats with that site's webmaster and we have had many laughs late into the night about purple unwashed skirts, glitter, and Sephiroth.

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

dumb brunette posted:

the FF7 house?

She is entirely unaffiliated with the FF7 house crew. I have actually spoken to the OP of the FF7 house, we have had many conversations snerking about the weirdness of Sephiroth wives and Hojos and unwashed bodies and purple skirts and glitter.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm pretty sure we're the same age!

I'm 23 as of a few days ago. :3:

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

I'll be writing the next episode when I get home from work, I'm glad you guys are interested.

As for feeling sorry for her, well... The story starts out nice but she's sort of a vortex of selfishness and mad-crazy. I don't feel bad telling the world about her -- But I did change her name to protect her from random googling.

I'm not sure how I would go about moving this to GBS.

And don't you fret, there will be more drawings.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Chronological it is.
As for the quality of my writing, I haven't really practised in first-person much, to be fair. When I write it's typically in third-person novel form, but that'd be a bit retarded for this subject matter.

As for the mental illness issue because I feel it is important to address;
Denise has a structured belief system in relation to all this tripe. At this point in the story she has not explained things to me yet, and so I have not explained them to you. It's my belief that she's sane, just... Well. I don't know. In addition a lot of what she does is manipulative and done for no other purpose than attention-seeking or enabling her laziness.

THE STRAY KAT STRUT

So Denise and I wandered the halls of our middle school. We saw ourselves as two totally mysterious, misunderstood loners straight out of a film. We were witty and totally above the school's cliquey poo poo -- which is why we formed a clique consisting of two.

A year passed. I turned 14, and that summer vacation, I was sexually assaulted by a predator (not the alien kind but you can picture him like that if you want) at the poolside of my grandparents' apartment. This detail is relevant to later events. I never said this thread was always going to be fun. The crazy, I think, has its roots in sadness and just as this is the story of Denise it's kind of the story of me, too.

As time passed, Denise would talk less and less of games, life, things that were going on, or shows on TV unless they contained a fictional male lead she wanted to 'meet in spirit form.' She would talk about the characters following us and say she could see them doing things. She said they followed because they were in love with us. She got totally pissed when I said that I figured they have better things to do than watch a couple middle-schoolers go to class and shirk homework.

Things were pretty bad for me at home and were getting worse. I began skipping classes to be alone. Denise was the only one I could talk to so I tried to tell her about it, but each time I was interrupted without fail so she could tell me about her dreams in castle land.

I had met and befriended another girl by way of defending her from some bullshit kid who was teasing her in Science class. Like Denise and I, Katherine was a bit of a social outcast. She was tall and shy, and had a cleft palate which served to make other kids think she was retarded or something because they didn't understand what a cleft palate was. She was an artist like me and loved horses and anime. As time went on I found she had similar beliefs to mine -- nature spirits and the like. She was quite sane, and is in fact a friend to this day. She listened to me about my problems and we helped each other.

Denise did not like Kat at all despite never having spoken to her. She tried to sabotage me spending time with Kat by developing stomachaches that needed seeing to, and when that became suspicious she started telling me there were paranormal disturbances around Kat. You know, because that was somehow more believable than a chronic stomach problem. She referred to the anime characters she believed followed us around day to day as 'The Guys' and was insistent that they'd be here to collect us soon. We couldn't "endanger their mission" by "allowing foreign energy into our collective."

Needless to say, I would've given my right leg to talk to someone about things that weren't Magnolia's loving unicorn amusement park crazy castle land, so I ignored Denise's whining and hung out with Kat anyway. I mentioned Kat's belief in nature spirits in passing, and it was like fireworks exploded in Denise's eyes.
"Do you think," she said, then fell silent in the middle of a train of thought as she often did. "Do you think she'd understand The Guys?"
Oh loving boy.

Denise set off at once to find Kat and the verbal hemmhorraging began. I remember vividly looking at Kat as she nodded and listened intently in what I imagine was probably genuine enthusiasm at having another friend to talk to, but oh god, how she did not know that she'd just boarded what amounted to Willy Wonka's goddamn rainbow steamboat, creepy singing and all.

THE BIRTHDAY INCIDENT

The October I turned 15, Denise and Kat came to my house to celebrate my birthday. Since talking about Heero with Kat, Denise had apparently decided that we were all a trio of friends. I can't remember the specifics but Denise was basically a big grumpy cow that night and bothered us with her crazy by making sure the day became about her and Heero rather than us having fun on my birthday. She also made fun of Kat's gift. At midnight, she said she wanted to talk to me for a minute and we went outside, much to my behest, when Denise insisted we go up onto the garage roof by the cherry tree. Our garage roof was kind of a patio, it had stairs leading up to it and was a nice place to sun yourself sometimes.

It was then that Denise produced the sparklers and a lighter from her pocket.

She immediately lit one and began moving like the woman in that godawful Ordinary World video, drawing symbols in the air with what must've been intense concentration judging by the expressions on her face.

I was so pissed off that night I really just wanted to walk away, but I was a retarded tweenager who didn't realise that that was an option so instead I asked her what the gently caress she was doing.

"I researched these symbols in private. If I do this right, the Door will open and The Guys will come through."
"The Door?" I asked.
"The Door between worlds. I have to cast a spell."

This went on for an hour, with Denise getting increasingly more agitated that her spell wasn't working and no dudes from no animus were pouring through to fill us with their cartoon cocks. Kat eventually showed up on the roof and Denise bellowed at her.

"YOU RUINED MY SPELL!" She then threw the dead sparkler at the wall and crossed her arms, looking very serious. Kat gave me a knowing look.
"I just wanted some cake," she said. "Do you guys want cake?" Kat offered us a slice of chocolate cheesecake on plates she had brought up with her. Denise stuffed herself with it but then resolved to giving us the cold shoulder. It is my firm belief that all Denise was trying to do that night was take the attention away from me and put it on her. Any discussion had to relate to her and Heero. Anything directed at me had to be answered by her. And, of course, her presents were better than Kat's. It's not that I didn't appreciate the gifts Denise gave me, because I did and I got her things for her birthday and Christmas too, but the notion that hers were superior to Kat's really pissed me off and still does to this day.

Tune in next time, same crap time, same crap channel.
Up next:

How Denise's Worlds Work (Complete with Totally Accurate Diagrams)

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Oh, sure. I don't talk about it very much at all. I generally like to keep it to myself.

It's nothing too strange. I think that everything in the universe is connected by a force we can't see, and can't really understand. I think that gods might exist, but not in the traditional sense. I think that if they do, they might live on another plane of existence, like a different radio signal -- they do not age, sicken and die like we do because they aren't subject to those things and don't have bodies. They could influence things by way of inspiring ideas and thoughts in others, and perhaps in other intangible ways, but I don't think they could change water into wine and stuff like that. I think that after we die, our consciousness is obliterated and our souls go on to be reborn, to gain knowledge every time until we eventually become gods.

So I think that trees and whatnot have spirits, and think reincarnation is pretty cool basically.

But, of course, I could be entirely wrong and we could all just turn into dust and nothing could be special at all. Scientifically, that is much more likely. And I'm cool with that.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE

Some time after the Birthday Incident, Denise decided I was worthy of understanding how the world worked. Since I had 'lost my memory', she would do her best to restore it. You know, in her infinite benevolence and everything.

Please bear with me, I've done my best to explain it concisely. These are Denise's principle ideas:

x. There are nearly infinite levels of existence that exist simultaneously. These levels are multiple dimensions which contain variations on the tangible realm as we understand it. For example, there is a dimension in which Hitler never existed, one in which he won the war, one in which dinosaurs never went extinct... All down to relatively tiny differences like for example, a dimension in which nothing is different except that I was born a male.
This sounds kind of cool to me. It doesn't harm anybody to think that and it's an interesting take on the nature of existence.

x. Whenever someone thinks up an idea, it becomes real by way of creating these dimensions from thin air more or less and that just the act of thinking does this. Denise postulates that when someone imagines a fantasy world, or dreams up a person or animal, a dimension is instantly created from the void that contains these fantasy things in it. This would make for a cool plot device in a book or something.

x. The more people think about the same thing, the closer its dimension comes towards tangibility. She believes that when enough people have conceptualised a particular world, the characters and things within it will begin to develop souls and spirits and poo poo. It's here that the What the Christ factor really starts to kick in hard for me.

x. With all the above considered, it then follows that books, films, TV shows, games and anime are not only real, but the source material has been exposed to thousands and in some cases millions of minds, thus making their respective worlds very close to the tangible realm.

Denise has her own weird, arbitrary 'quality control' system that applies to this however. She believes that a world only becomes manifest if there is a certain amount of effort put into the history, traditions and etc during initial creation. Thus -- using examples she has quoted to me herself -- things like Lord of the Rings are real, and things like Pokémon are not. She says a dimension exists for Pokémon, as too many people have conceptualised it for it not to exist, but none of the characters have souls because the world is too lacking in substance. So they can't travel the astral aether or contact beings from other dimensions. Once people forget about Pokémon, Denise says, its dimension will cease to exist.

Strangely, however, this 'rule' did not apply to the ultragay animu yaoi point-and-click game that her most recent hazubando is from. I guess his metaphysical wang-power was such that he could just bust on through the space-time continuum in order to astrally impregnate Denise like it weren't no thang. But, we'll get to that a little later.

x. Denise believes that there is an Astral realm that exists almost like a layer between all the dimensions. It is ever-expanding, as new dimensions are being created constantly. It is through this realm that beings from across the chasm, as it were, can communicate with one another. Denise believes that some characters can project their spirits into the tangible world by using the Astral realm somehow. They, of course, use this phenomenal power to watch middle schoolers skip class, shirk homework, and talk about the sex they aren't having.

x. Denise believes that herself, Kat and I are the direct children of old gods. More or less like angels on earth. She believes that only we have the power to cast our spirits freely throughout the dimensions and that we are the only beings who concretely exist somehow in all dimensions. There isn't a single one, she says, where her, Kat, or I, are dead in them for example. Supaa Supesharu Sunofurekku go~*~*~*!

MEET THE FUCKERS

Denise soon started talking to me about Melissa, who is her cousin. At first I thought Melissa was her magical fairy cousin from sparkle land as when Denise talks about people she makes no distinction between talking about people from Earth or people from animu. Often the only way you'd know the difference is if you know the names involved. She'd say stuff like, "Legolas and I went to the mall today, he said he liked this book I saw and that I should read it." Because Legolas was one of the horde of fictional men who slaver after her pussy and was tagging along that day to take interest in whatever mundane poo poo it was she was doing. Also the fact that nobody except Kat and I ever hung out with Denise was a pretty strong indication that even if we didn't know the name it was probably some cartoon rear end in a top hat she was talking about.

But, it became apparent that Melissa was actual flesh and blood and is, as far as I know, the first person Denise ever talked to about animu boyfriends. It was also when she began talking to me about Melissa that Denise introduced the concept of cross-dimensional lives, complete with cross-dimensional physical forms and histories. In essence this was her way of inserting a Mary-Sue into everything she liked ever and claiming herself an expert on whatever it was because she totally lived there you guys. So if Kat and I were ever talking about a show or book or whatever that we liked and suggested things about it when discussing characters or plot points or whatever, as you do, Denise had to butt in and correct us to whatever the gently caress weird canon was going on in her head. Such canon usually involved the character being completely in love with her and whether or not the feelings were returned if the character was male, or if the character was female she would talk about whatever powers she had in that universe that upstaged the characters' own and made them redundant. Or, what a vapid bitch they were for being involved with the male protagonist.

Out of some perverse form of respect -- at least I can only guess that's what her motivation was -- Denise said she had little to no presence in the realm of the show I really liked at the time and would drop hints that in the "Great Legends" (read: poo poo she made up) pertaining to that realm, there existed a goddess of wings character who sounded suspiciously like me, hint hint. So in essence she was giving me license to claim Super Ultimate Snowflake Queendom over the universe of my favourite show.
Um, thanks, I think...? When I didn't take up the throne, she began telling me occasional tales of my exploits and basically placed me in that role anyway.

Magnolia made less and less of an appearance in discussion, as did Heero Yuy. More and more she began to talk about Parrier as her alter ego, who was a male demon. Heero's pictures came down off the walls, as did her Gundam posters and her picture of a castle and a unicorn which was always where she said she lived. Replacing them were wallscrolls of Final Fantasy 7 and 8, and a large one of Sephiroth.

And those were the end of the innocent days. It all gets much worse from here.

I was 15 and I didn't know what to do. I had allowed myself to become tightly embroiled in the lore of her worlds and I began to be angry at myself for being passive and just letting her think whatever, as well as walking all over me and Kat. I figured up until this point that her beliefs were strange -- if at least well-structured for the most part, credit where credit is due -- but we were friends and it wasn't hurting anyone for her to think she was some demon princess or whatever. I didn't like to pass judgement. It seemed to help her cope with her mother's abandonment and aside from it being very annoying at times, it wasn't really something I was willing to throw the friendship down for especially now since Kat was involved and I didn't want to cause a massive rift in the group. But now Denise was becoming more agitated as a result of The Guys taking their sweet loving time to come take her away, and she was beginning to act outwardly with that aggression.

Any time I was over at her house she would scream and yell at her father, who worked 7 days a week at a very physically demanding job to support himself and his daughter after Denise's mother up and left. She constantly demanded more expensive anime things and the latest and greatest issue of whatever manga was in vogue with her at the time. Every issue was $15 which was a lot when she wanted 10 of them.
All he wanted his daughter to do was clean up after herself. Her room was, and as far as I am aware, is today a pigsty. There's untidy, and then there was Denise. Coupled with the fact that she was an insane hoarder when it came to any little plastic toy ever, her room was always a sea of clothing and anime toys. Whenever Denise wanted to get out of anything, she would always say she was "Cleaning her room." She never cleaned it. Ever.

Q & A

Mrs. Mahler posted:

Right, not strange at all. How did you come to believe in this/what shaped your beliefs? Is it Animism? Are you a fan of Princess Mononoke?

Also, why didn't she pluck her unibrow?

Unsure if sarcastic.
In the event it is, Well, I never pretend to be right, and certainly the way I think about things isn't everybody's cup of tea. I'm well and truly aware that hey, I might be wrong about all that. In fact, statistically that's even very likely. It just seems to work for me, and until I find something that 'clicks' better, I'll stick with this. I avoid using the term 'beliefs' because to me beliefs are immutable, whereas I like to see myself as an open-minded kind of person. I also don't talk about my thoughts on all that very often because I see spirituality as a largely private thing.

I got those ideas from a relative when I was 12. Different religious views were a popular discussion in my family and I was always involved even from an early age. Nothing was ever impressed upon me as the right thing or the expected thing -- It's simply the set of ideas I liked the most and it's gone through a lot of refinement since then, I guess. I'd actually never heard of Animism before another poster linked me to the Wikipedia entry. Apparently, there's a word for it! I didn't know that. It sounds pretty similar.

As for a fan of Princess Mononoké? Er, yes, among others. I like a lot of Ghibli films, but it didn't form the ideas of nature spirits for me.

And finally as for her bloody eyebrows -- Denise didn't keep up on a lot of things.

Sorry for only one illustration today, but I made a huge post and I am working on them for other posts. Speaking of which, SEX AND GENDER is up next!

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Question. What, in this many-worlds schema, makes our world so special that it is our fiction and our belief that creates all other worlds, rather than one of the other worlds creating ours, or mutual creation or whatever?

I haven't ever asked Denise that.

I would think that if I were to suspend my disbelief for a moment, it's possible that all thoughts from all dimensions create more. This dimension in and of itself may have been spawned from somewhere else. The big bang may have been someone, somewhere, having a thought. So I'd say it isn't inherently exclusive to this plane of existence as it is something any can do.

Unless you come from a show Denise doesn't like in which case you are SOL my friend since you don't have a soul

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

SEX AND GENDER
Or, Into the Rabbit Hole

I don't remember specifically when this conversation took place, but I remember it was quite soon after Denise insisted upon being referred to as "Parrier" in everyday conversation and became insistent upon having the male pronoun used to reference her with.

I had a long and extensive conversation about this with her. After what happened to me at the poolside when I was 14 and combined with some absent parenting I went through a period of time (This is all sorted out now) where I suffered issues pertaining to self loathing, as well as body dysmorphia and being uncomfortable with my gender. (Hey, what exactly is a 'normal' reaction to sexual abuse?) It was a pretty serious thing for a kid to deal with on their own and I had done all the research I could with limited Internet access and a dumbshit teenage brain, so I had arguably more experience with understanding having feelings of gender dysphoria than anyone else locally available who was my age. I was very clear in what I asked, trying to assess how she felt and why. I wasn't as knowledgeable about the subject as I am now, but I was nearly 16, cut me a break.

Denise made it clear that she did not want to live life as a male, she did not want to alter her body in any form, she made no effort to dress like a male, or indeed have any interest in being male at all. She did not believe that being female felt incorrect in either a sexual or societal role. She did not want to identify as male. I was perplexed. I had all kinds of terrible feelings and was really conflicted. I wanted to accept it and just call her a him because -- hey, I'm an open-minded and accepting kind of person, and that's what you're supposed to do to not be a prejudicial and judgemental dickbag. I had no problem calling transgender persons by their chosen gender so what was my beef with Denise?

I began to wonder if Denise was just copying what she had seen me go through in learning to accept what had happened to me, and was now trying to ramp it up a scale somehow, not knowing the extent to how deep my feelings ran on the subject because I kept most of it, including the details of what happened to me at that poolside, a secret.

I was left at a bit of an impasse and was thoroughly confused by being asked to refer to this person I had known for three years as an entirely different entity. Denise explained to me that Parrier had an entirely different set of likes and dislikes and had a whole new history. Denise began to talk about herself in third person -- What I mean by that wasn't like "Denise is feeling bulbous today," but more... 'I am Parrier, Denise is not here, she is locked in stasis in a crystal. I put her there and no one can find her or ever get her out.' Years later, if questioned about 'Denise,' "Parrier" would say that she has been hidden for so long that it was no longer possible to retrieve her.

Research says something like 99.9% of people with Multiple Personality Disorder have made it all the gently caress up. I still don't know about her.

"Totally Real Possession" and 'No Uglynoodles, I'm Not a Lesbian'

Shortly after she claimed she was this demon called Parrier now for reals and for evers, Denise turned her fixations entirely onto Sephiroth, particularly the incarnation seen in that godawful Final Fantasy: Advent Children film (Which, for the longest time, I thought was a Final Fantasy themed Christmas Advent calendar promotion. What the gently caress?) Heero Yuy had all but completely disappeared from her life. I once saw her open a binder to find an old printout of a picture of him on the front. She grabbed it and threw it out of the way angrily. She wouldn't elaborate. I wonder what he 'did' to piss her off, and if he has custody of one or all of their seven children.

I have never played Final Fantasy 7 to the point where Sephiroth is introduced; I hated the game that much. As such I have very little understanding as to his character aside from his visuals and that his theme song is apparently 'One Winged Angel,' which Denise got what seemed to be endless satisfaction by playing it in an equally endless loop. On one of our games nights, as it was approaching 3AM, Denise lowered her voice and got a brooding look on her face.

She told me the spirit of my favourite character had temporarily possessed her body, and I don't remember the exact wording or what exactly unfolded, but I remember backing away from her as she tried to kiss me. She, er -- the character -- said that 'this vessel' was 'used to doing showing simple affection like this with her cousin.' I thanked the 'spirit' for its time but said I needed to go to bed now as it was very late. Denise's voice returned to normal and she pretended not to know what had just happened. She tried to put on her delicate princess act again for sympathy or something, I don't know. It was 3AM, I was wildly uncomfortable, and I wasn't about to walk home, so I rolled over and tried to sleep.

I know that Denise is not a lesbian or even bisexual. She has never shown the slightest inkling of attraction to another woman and has always maintained that she only goes for men. All her fictional interests have been men. Denise knew that I was bisexual and therefore it would've been safe to talk about that with me. So... This, I just don't know. When I finally addressed the elephant in the room with her the next day, she denied being aware of anything like that transpiring. She also told me she had no interest in women whatsoever and had never made out with her cousin pretending to be animu boys.

Bedtime again.

Q & A

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Anata Chinko no Densetsu,

Chinko? What's that word mean? Because in my somewhat limited vocabulary I know of only one similar word, Chinpo, in which case that is infinitely hilarious to me because 'Anata Chinpo no Densetsu' roughly translates to 'The Legend of Your Tiny Dick'

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 23, 2011

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Kaleid posted:

So. She didn't think of herself as an Otaku? But an actual anime princess?

Questions: What ethnic background are they? Are they generally really unattractive and fat? Do they still believe in this now that it has been over a decade since you had learned of this?

I'm really interested in the hosed up psychology and how they could have come to believe that this is reality.

That's right, she believes she is the real deal.

Denise, Kat and I are all Caucasian. Denise is very pale, this is a mixture of her parentage being Irish in origin and never leaving the house. She has freckles across her nose, and has a couple chins. She has frizzy, split-endy brown hair that she wore in a ponytail up until around this point in the story. She was always ridiculously proud of her hair despite it looking like poo poo and never taking care of it. It had horrible frizzy sideburns. She's quite short. She has small brown eyes that turn up at the ends, a tiny, not altogether unattractive nose, but in my opinion it looks out of place on her face. None of her features look as if they fit together. She has a small, c-shaped mouth that looks as if it is always in a frown when idle and her teeth are kind of hosed up. They are spaced oddly.

Kat is tall, slim and athletic. She has large eyes that are blue with speckles of brown in them. She is also quite pale. She bathes regularly and takes care of her hair. At this point in the story she had shoulder length brownish-auburn hair that was often straightened. She has quite attractive natural features in my opinion. Her nose slightly tilts to one side and the top of her upper lip is also very slightly pulled up. She has had surgery to correct the problems with her lip but it is not glaringly noticeable. In highschool before she had the last surgery done -- so around this point in the story -- she had a little bit of a scissorbite and her nose and upper lip were at more of an angle, but again it was not something that was very visible, nor did it mean she was retarded. Kids are just loving jerks.

I'm a tiny bit darker skinned than they are -- there are a lot of olive-skinned people and people from China and India and stuff like that a little ways back in my family -- but I'd still definitely be classified as white. I have greyish blue eyes that look pretty large on my face, almost owlish I guess. A small nose -- I rather like my nose actually -- a small mouth with kind of pouty lips, and a short upper lip so my front teeth are always slightly exposed. (It takes effort to press my lips together they don't do that on their own accord sort of thing.) It doesn't look as horrible as I make it sound and neither does Kat's, I am sure I have made us all sound like Frankenstein. I am slim, I am short too but taller than Denise, and I have at this point in the story shoulder length blonde hair I also keep relentlessly straightened.

quote:

Does she still believe this? Do you keep track of her on Facebox?

That is a resounding yes and yes. She apparently goes to a lot of anime cons and recently a huge batch of pictures from a con photoshoot were uploaded to her gallery of her dressed as some demon dragon thing -- presumably what she imagines Parrier to be, and so I was inspired. Recently she told Kat that she was certain Autobots were taking the form of nearby cars and I think Optimus was in love with her.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

ASTRAL RAPE BABIES

On a particularly nice sunny day I wanted to go down either to the local woods, or the beach, or somewhere nice outside. After the Totally Real Possession incident Denise was uncommonly sane for a while. She did still talk about Sephiroth and whatever she was doing on the Astral Plane at night or whatever but she actually allowed me to talk about other things, actually participated in the discussion about other things, and we laughed about school and other stuff. Generally, Denise seemed like she was on the mend somehow and so I wanted to encourage that by engaging her in more activities. We had both seen the same new film recently, so I was hoping that we'd be able to go on a walk and talk about that for a while instead of Sephiroth and how she was definitely a half-dragon demon in the Inu-Yasha universe.

I rang her up. I remember this conversation with such perfect clarity because of how hosed up it was. I remember how it made me feel and what she said exactly. The conversation went as follows:

"It's a really nice day. Do you want to come with me to the woods? I have some lemonade and a cooler bag and I know a nice place to go. I could make some sandwiches to take with us. We could go to the beach and get an icecream or something, I have some pocket money."
"I can't. I'm cleaning my room today."
"You were cleaning your room yesterday. You can take a break for a couple hours."
Denise was quiet for a few seconds. Possibly for effect, probably because she was thinking up an excuse.
"I can't."
"Well, okay," I muttered. Stupid of me to think she'd come out anyway. If it wasn't a trip to the comic store to get her the newest issue of Watebaa-De-Fakku or something, she wasn't interested.
"I can't because I'm pregnant," she said.

I think I slapped my own forehead so hard that Denise heard it because she asked what the sound was. I said I tripped or something.
"You're what?"
"I'm pregnant."
"With who?"
"I don't... know."
"What?"
"Last night I felt a presence in the room and then there were hands touching me. I didn't want it to, I tried to get it to stop, but it... Had sex with me. And now I'm pregnant."
"What?" At this point my question had pretty much ceased to be a question and was more of a statement.
"I told it not to and tried to push it off me, but it wouldn't stop advancing, and it kept whispering in my ear... It grabbed my boobs and then it forced--"

I remember clutching the phone with so much rage that the plastic creaked in my fingers. Denise was really doing this to get out of going to the loving beach with me? Denise was saying this so that she could get out of going on a loving picnic in the sun because she was too lazy to walk around? The memories of what happened to me that summer flooded back in a single moment as I listened to her blabber on about how some apparently faceless spirit with a presence that felt suspiciously like Sephiroth's just couldn't help itself anymore and had used the Astral to partially manifest in this world and slake its burning lust by raping her. Of course babies conceived in the Astral develop at hundreds of times the normal rate of a normal human child, so she was already --
"Denise. Denise you are not pregnant. And nobody raped you."
"Yes, I am, I can feel it--"
"If you don't want to come out to the beach or the woods with me just say so. You don't have to make up a bunch of poo poo like this just to get out of it."
"No, it's not that," she protested. "It really happened! I'm really pregnant and I don't know who the father is. He was so forceful... I tried to stop him... He said he couldn't help himself, that he had waited too long... That he couldn't resist me. We should find out who the father is..."

I couldn't believe it. My throat tightened and I felt tears welling up. A few times that summer when it happened, I had declined to go out with her. At the time I told her something of that nature happened, although I was not specific, and that I was still dealing with it. Denise had apparently gotten out of that that rape and assault was a valid excuse to get out of something, and since cleaning her room failed she had better use that. Also pregnancy was an awesome sympathy card. Right?
"I'm going now," I said, and hung up. I remember vividly staring at my cooler bag that I had put a couple cans of lemonade in and how it turned into a blur of colour as I teared up. I cried for a long time that day.

But it gets worse.

Next time, Denise's Babbys with illustrations!

quote:

What anime was it Denise wanted you to be Animu Angel Queen of?

I liked The Vision of Escaflowne.

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 24, 2011

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

I just wanted to thank everyone for their words regarding the last post. There are a lot of things with Denise that I am talking about in this thread that I have not talked to anyone about before. That story is new even to Kat, who has begun to read the thread herself and has told me she will be contributing some of her own Denise stories. She says she will send them to my e-mail, and I will post them through my account (Since :10bux: )

What happened to me happened a long time ago now. I was 14 then, and I'm 23 now. I've had a long time to think about it and accept what happened. I'm OK with it now. But back then, I wasn't. It was still very fresh in my mind and for her to use that as some kind of excuse to get out of spending time with me was such a shock to the system that it gave me a very bad reaction.

I agree with those who think that she was using it without any knowledge of the kind of effect it would have, just to try and 'crank it up to 11' and garner sympathy.

As for the poster who was worried about something actually having happened, like a burglar or even her father -- I am certain that this was all a fantasy scenario in her head and nothing physical happened to her at all.

I'm working on the next post at the moment. (Sundays and Mondays are my weekends.)

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Oh. Well, that's a shame. In the interest of not getting banned, I'll tell her either to register, or I can't post any of her stories.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

OK. I will ask, because I really want to tell Kat's side of things when she gets around to sending me those e-mails, and it would be useful for people who are filtering the thread to get only my posts.

// EDIT

I have just spoken to Kat, who tells me that this spirit isn't the only "rapist" there was. Apparently this has been brought up with Kat on numerous occasions. Denise has also been spiritually violated in every orifice by "Orochimaru" and a Predator.

Yeah.

A Predator.

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 24, 2011

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

MEGAPOST
Kat's Letters and More Stuff

I am unable to PM a moderator, so for now I will just include these letters Kat sent me as quotes. If it turns out they're not allowed I'll remove them, but honestly I don't think it should be much of a problem. :3:

Kat was a lot more entangled in Denise's world than even I was, it seems, as she has details I was not privy to, or perhaps more likely that I just do not remember.

quote:

13 year old outcasts are desperate. Uglynoodles and Denise were really the only friends I had, and I kept to myself a lot. I was teased in elementary school, though the transition to high school dulled down the obvious bullying. Thank gently caress for alert teachers. The only bully stupid enough to continue it into high school was left in tears by the rugby coach who was my neighbour.

I met Uglynoodles in a grade 9 science class, and we were instantly drawn together by shared hatred for my arch-nemesis. Back then, I was just finding that I could get out of the cocoon my father had set up, and that things were actually a lot different than his racial slur of a world suggested.

I met Denise in grade 10.

In hindsight, the first time Denise set me up for her brand of crazy was roughly a month before she told me anime people existed. Advent Children was coming out in a year or so, and while I had heard of ff7 through her infatuation with Sephiroth, I hadn’t really looked too far into it. But, one day, she invited me over to watch the trailer for Advent Children on her neighbour’s computer, and pick out which animu boy I liked.

She steered me away from Yazoo, citing that Uglynoodles had already claimed him, and I landed on Kadaj. She seemed happy for this choice, and I wouldn’t find out why until a few weeks later.

Flip forward to a few weeks later. Again, I’m invited over to her place. She brings up the subject of anime boys and spirituality. And she tells me, with a growing smile and all seriousness, that the anime and video game worlds were, in fact, real. And that Kadaj had a crush on me and had been following me around.

He wasn’t like portrayed in the game. Seeing me had enlightened him from that path, or something. I’m not sure this boosted my confidence, but I felt less alone after that. I have a great imagination, and I’d used that imagination for a long time before this as a method to escape and pass time. It is rare that you will find me bored, when left to my own devices.

So yeah, I went along with it. But I’m pretty sure she figured out that I wouldn’t go along with all of it. Or maybe she felt threatened by me, because she didn’t try to include me into her clique of high priestess/princess/goddess/whatever. Instead, I remember her graciously offering me a home in her Naruto ninja village that was full of dragons.

Who the gently caress is Yazoo and why would I 'claim' him? Is Yazoo a landmass somewhere?
As an aside note, I was present for the conversation at Denise's house in which she told Kat that animu boys were real.

quote:

I had several experiences of her recounting her sexual encounters among those anime boys who followed her around. There are several inconsistencies with which she dealt in her usual fashion: make poo poo up. I’ll start with a bit of background: most of what I remember starts around when Denise became Parrier. I still remember this change, because I was there when she did it, but I’ll recount the details at some other time. Parrier first came onto the scene as one of the spirits that lived inside of her, as opposed to the ones that followed her around lustfully. He had no sexual attraction to Denise (until later, when his history suddenly changes and he starts hating Magnolia because she was a cold hearted bitch that dumped his rear end) and lived in her head because he had been trapped there by his enemies. She’d found him one day while she was wandering the maze of her mind, chained up to the wall. And she’d freed him into only being pseudo-bound. Not even sure how much this ‘binding’ affected his supposed ability to move around, because on a number of occasions he’d mention about how he’d gone and done something (like gone into the Naruto world and stolen Itachi’s cloak).

Anyway. Parrier lived in Denise’s mind, which functioned like some sort of mansion, fully equipped with a shower. (Denise: This morning, I was half-asleep in my mind and I ran into Parrier. He was only wearing a towel.) After a while of him being ‘around’ in her head while our merry clique met up for lunch break, he periodically started to take over. At first, he took over when she needed to sleep. When she was too tired for class. Then it was when she’d run off with Heero Yuy or Sephiroth or whoever the gently caress she was going out with, then. Then she never returned. She’d gone too far and didn’t answer any communications, according to Parrier. That happened a few years ago. She still cannot be found, even by the super-powerful major spirit of Parrier’s cousin Melissa, the Admiral.

I’ll probably describe my initial encounter with Parrier taking over in greater detail some other time. Right now, I’ll focus on the anime rape boys.
These usually happened when Uglynoodles wasn’t around. It was during lunch break in high school, and I’m not sure which personality this occurred with. I think we might as well call it Pannise, because the lines between Parrier and Denise are pretty loving blurry — an effect of the shared memories those two possessed, since Parrier had been and still somehow was bound to her.

“So, someone paid me a, uh, visit last night.” She said this with the usual mischievous look, after making sure no one else was around. We were quite alone on the stairwell.
“Oh?” I’d gotten used to these.
“Yeah, he was a bit... rough.” And she showed me some sort of bruise on her arm that was supposed to resemble a hand mark where he had held her down.

There wasn’t a whole lot to say at this point. I probably made some rude sexual innuendo. I’m fairly prone to making dick jokes in the face of pseudo-seriousness.
Other times, it would be “I think he bit me.” when she was 'going out' with anything with fangs. It started with Lestat from Anne Rice’s vampire series, and moved on to others such as Orochimaru from Naruto. With Orochimaru, she had me look at her back and see how much he had bitten her. I sort of squinted. It was hard to tell among the moles and acne, so I just said “Yes.” and was done with it.
I never heard about astral pregnancies, although I did hear about the babies in passing.

This ‘rape’ is ongoing. And I find how she gets around the connotation is that she wanted it, but couldn’t morally do it because she was committed to these other anime guys. So the new guy she had the hots for just went ahead and did it, so she didn’t have to make the decision, and then she forgave him because he clearly loved her, and accepted him into her animu harem. The latest rapist was a Predator. Fortunately, I didn’t get the details of that encounter because I had removed myself from her bullshit by then.

ASTRAL PREGNANCIES

Denise did not give up this idea of her being pregnant with phantom babies. She used it as an excuse for weeks. Whenever she wanted to get out of doing something, it was the phantom baby taking its toll on her body. She would even use this excuse to people who were not familiar with her brand of bullshit, but used more conventional symptoms instead as an excuse. Like she would say she had stomach ache, or nausea, you know whatever she could come up with at the time.

When at her house, she would sometimes stuff her shirt when I was around to show her pregnancy. She would often ask I make food for her or help her around the house during these times. The squabbling with her father was always in high gear as well. Her dad would try to talk to her like a human being, to which Denise would respond by yelling. Understandably, after working a highly physically demanding job every goddamn day without a break, he lost his temper and rose his voice back. Let me just say that raising his voice was literally the worst thing he had ever done. He never used a rough word against his child, never deprived her of anything she needed. He tried to make her happy and sacrificed a lot for Denise. He gave her the big bedroom when Louanne moved out. Most of the income went to her anime crap. The most the man ever did for himself was buy himself his own PS2 unit because his child was always hogging it, and a copy of Front Mission 3, which was his favourite game. When he did that, Denise complained because he couldn't afford to buy her 2 of the next instalments of the mangas she followed at the time.

Denise would always blame her blatant lack of respect for her father and shouting matches on the fact that they were both Aries. I tried to tell her to talk to her father in a more respectful way but she would always brush it off. I would've given anything to have had a parent that cared like Denise's father cared.

Denise's father was a genuinely nice man. He knew things were rough for me at home and, when he was home and we weren't holed up in Denise's room he always made an effort to make sure my stay at their apartment was a pleasant one. He always cracked terrible puns and took endless pleasure in my exaggerated expressions of disgust in response. It only encouraged him more. On a few occasions as a special treat he gave both Denise and I $20 and sent us off to the nearby mall. He was always interested in the games and films we liked, asked us about them and just generally made an effort to engage with us. Oftentimes Denise wouldn't respond. Sometimes when she was doing her princess singing routine crap, I would slink off to say hello to her dad and talk to him for a little bit, under the guise of just going to the washroom for a minute. She would get fussy if you weren't listening to her. He loved Denise dearly, and my only tiny tinge of misgiving about posting all this about Denise is that I know it would upset him if he knew. George is a good man. I wish he knew what Denise thinks, and I wish he knew I genuinely tried to help for a long time.

I believe this first astral child was eventually believed to be Sephiroth's. Apparently he was the Mystery Spirit Rapist Man. She said at first she was angry with him, but accepted that he just couldn't control his impulses. It was just too frustrating for him to be on the Other Side and not be able to gently caress her brains out, so of course the natural thing to do was utilise amazing powers to gently caress her without permission as a ghost or something.

Sigh.

Yes, you read correctly -- this first astral child. She called me up late one night to tell me the baby had come and it was now an angel that lived in the astral. But I think I asked her to come swimming with me and Kat at some point after that and she was ghost-knocked-up again. She was also cleaning her room. But, she said, she was going to the comic shop the next day so we could meet her then! Glad to know her astral pregnancy that burgeoned up from her womb in the form of a sweaty pillow wouldn't stop her from spending more of her father's money on Naruto or whatever.

We're not quite done about forming astral babbys however; To skip ahead momentarily, when she was going through her Great Jobless Phase right after the momentous event known as Finally Graduating Highschool at 20 Years Old, astral babies were her favourite excuse as to why she couldn't go try harder at finding a job. No, instead, sponging off her ailing father who was steadily weakening as a result of old and chronic injuries and demanding an ever growing amount of videogame and anime merchandise off him anyway was totally cool. When he put his foot down and said he wouldn't support her frivolous spending, she threw a massive tantrum. That was fun.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Meldonox posted:

... When Denise is being uncharacteristically lucid (if ever she is these days), have you ever tried directly telling her that it's okay to be act like a normal human being? ... I'd imagine someone might go all in on something loony just because they'd be afraid to admit it's all crap after spending so much time at it.

On many occasions I have tried to break down Denise's walls of fantasy to try and get her to the real world. The very suggestion that perhaps all the dimensions didn't work the way she thought they did and that even if they did exist we had to go on with our lives and live was too much for her, so I tried to chip away by inserting seeds of reason in the hopes that they would grow and rip down the lovely sky castle. As it turns out, inception really doesn't work unless you're that Titanic guy. She would become instantly uncomfortable, alternating between accusing me of calling her a liar, and just moping. After she transmogrifaxified into Parrier, she became flat out aggressive when questioned. One time she was trying to convince me she was a Dragon Prince and hissed at me.

SMELLS

At some point the reality that she never bathed became an uncomfortable, if necessary point of discussion. I brought up the fact that she smelled like a bison's rear end. I can't remember the exact phrasing but I'm pretty sure the word "ripe" was involved.

She told me that it was an inherited smell and that all her family smelled that way. George never stank like a disgusting pile of sweaty rear end. She claimed that if she showered, she smelled like that an hour or so later, so what was the point right?

... Right?

Apollodorus posted:

What kind of job has Denise been able to get herself? I can't imagine she would work well with anyone supervising her, or interact well with clients/customers of any kind.

Employment is a whole other post, actually, one that I don't have the energy to make right now. But, let's say this. Currently, Denise works in a stall in a mall nobody goes to, refilling printer ink cartridges.

Aim high.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Grashlok posted:

Having had an interest in anime for a while, I know people like this and know fathers like George all too well. I don't know if this has been answered, but is George doing alright?

Did you guys ever really watch anime on your own, or was it all pushed on you by Denise? I know uglynoodles mentioned she 'knew she would make cartoons in Japan eventually', but how deep down the rabbit hole were you?

Not very. I really liked a couple of shows. I've always been a bit of a snob when it comes to animu, I guess. I only like a couple of things. When I was 13, I figured I could get a job animating in Japan eventually -- I have since realised how retarded that is and I now seek a career in game art.

I still like most of what Studio Ghibli produces, I like almost anything Yoko Kanno has touched, and... That's about it. I'm not into the anime thing at all anymore.

As for George, well... Denise still lives with him.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

quote:

What yaoi animu game did Denise get into?

Silver Chaos for the PC. Her hazubando forever that she totally ditched Sephiroth for is called Adonis. He looks like Sephiroth with a retarded mullet.

I'm jumping ahead in the timeline a little bit right now because I am working on a reproduction of her yaoi animu manga that she wanted to market for a billion gazillion real dollars and sell like hotcakes in Japan.

I Can't Help You, I'm Saving Up For My Dolfie

This story is very short, but poignant I feel.
Like I mentioned before, things at home were bad for me. Very bad. It got to the point where I was 17 and homeless and starving, bad. I asked Denise for help. I was scared. I was too young, so the state wouldn't help me. I was too old, so the state wouldn't help me. I didn't have an alcohol or drugs problem, nor did I have a child, so again that closed off more options for assistance -- as hosed up as that sounds, that's how it worked out. I didn't know where to turn.

She wouldn't help me. I had stuck by her for years, endured her bullshit, tried to help her learn to go out and make new friends, to develop social skills, to leave her fantasies behind and treat them as fantasies instead of life-stopping realities. I was her shoulder to cry on. I tried to sort through her mental poo poo and was one of her only two friends for a good chunk of time... And she wouldn't help me off the street when I needed her. When I needed anybody.

You know why? She told me why.

I remember staring at her as she explained to me that she was saving up for an $800 "Dolfie" from Japan and how when it arrived, it would be a spirit vessel for Adonis or some loving poo poo. A ceramic jointed dressup doll was more important than me, someone she called her best friend, who was scared and hungry. I wanted to punch her. I wanted to scream. I wanted to do a lot of things, but I just didn't have the energy. In the end no matter how I felt, I wasn't entitled to her help anyway. I left quietly and without a fuss, and didn't speak to her for a long time.

A lot is fuzzy from that time period but it is something I still hold a lot of anger about. I will never really forgive her, though I have tried.

Another story from the Kat files, this time from when we were around 15 years old:

Kat's Email #2 posted:

So, given our mutual interest in anime, the next natural step was to attend a convention. I found out about one nearby, and brought it up. Denise eagerly agreed. Unfortunately, since we were both around 15 years old, we wouldn't be able to go alone. My mom graciously offered to be the parental host for the trip. So, we got our cosplays made and away we went!

My mom and I developed a system. We relegated Denise to the back seat while I figured out the map and played navigator. This was an obvious choice since I had gone through nearly 8 years of Scouts and maps were loving easy at that point. At first, Denise would keep asking me stuff. Random stuff. Kept trying to get me to talk with her. I told her to shut up because I needed to watch the road names so we didn't get loving lost. She pouted, but put on her headphones and read a manga. Sometimes, she'd start singing along, but my mom ended that quickly.

Fast forward to the first day of the con. My mom drove us from the hotel to the convention. In the parking lot, there was immediate costume trouble for Denise. As may have been guessed, Denise does not plan well. Her costume was an example of this. She was going as Gaara from Naruto, and she couldn't get the gourd to sit right or something. Clearly, she thought swearing at it would help. This continues for nearly 20 minutes, while my mom and I exchange looks. Every now and then, we'd make suggestions about what to do. I think we needed to get in line to pick up our pre-reg badges or some poo poo.

Can't remember what happens, but eventually Denise glowers along behind us when we go inside. We pick up our badges and stuff, everything's cool.. we start checking things out. Having fun.

A couple hours into it and Denise hits the iceberg. She's glowering. Sulky. Moody. She also hasn't eaten anything except ramen and pocky. This is a habit that I think causes a lot of her moods. When asked, she'd always deny she was hungry. Or it'd be "Oh, yeah, I should eat." and then she'd just continue to sit around being miserable.

I got tired of that poo poo and, at my mom's suggestion, abandoned her rear end. I went out, had fun, made friends. Even more, I made sure my mom was having fun. I checked in with Denise periodically, and she tended to stay were she was, wistfully slouching on a concrete half-wall in one of the convention hallways. Not sure if she had her headphones with her, but my bet was on yes.

We made it back in one piece.

I've now attended that convention several times with her. One more where I actually accompanied her and Melissa and we had both my mom and Melissa's mom with us (yes, my mother is a saint). Similar things occurred. For the other conventions, I've gone by myself because I don't want to have to deal with her poo poo. And her poo poo includes more than just being sulky. It extends to being extremely unreliable (not being at a certain place at a certain time so we could, say, eat a proper meal), to leeching money off us for the convention's dealer's room and artist's alley. (She didn't get much money off of me since I'm very closely guarded with my cash, but she took Melissa and her mom for nearly $200 spent on anime figures. Some of that money was taken by saying she had no money for food and she needed a proper meal). In all, terribly uncool. So I started the habit of ditching her rear end as soon as we arrived, or just hanging out with Melissa who has much better manners than Denise and is, despite being immersed in the fantasy, very reasonable and friendly and easy to hang out with. Also, Melissa would bitch about Denise with me, too.

A side note about Melissa: she is fairly harmless. A times, I'm not sure how much she believes this stuff. She certainly doesn't let it get in the way of her life (unfortunately, other things do).

And, another note: Denise's costuming abilities are embarrassingly lacking. She can't sew worth poo poo, and often the costumes fell apart. I don't think she even tried to draft a pattern like I did, but instead 'winged it' by sewing while it was on her (like, wrapping a leg in fabric and sewing it together). The costumes themselves ended up being recognizable, but they were not things I would want to show off. Denise thinks she's great at costuming. God forbid, I heard she was trying to get commissions to make costumes.

HYMEN.SYS posted:

I don't want to derail about this, but do you have a portfolio or anything online or a way I can see samples of your work? I tried PMing you but I guess you don't have plat.

Yeah sadly I don't have Platinum yet.
I am working on a portfolio -- I am currently working on 4 separate character designs to include as well as some bits and bobs to show off my rendering skills, expressions, some life drawing, and how I'd use light to show mood and what have you. Right now I don't have a whole lot online unless you count Mass Effect fanart, but that's not really something I'd show off in a professional scenario as a concrete example of my skills, no matter how much I actually like the pieces in question!

Here's a link to something I am working on for my portfolio, though. It's a very small preview image so you can see the colours I am working with at the moment. There's no shading on the dragon though so he's very flat:

Click Here For a Bit of a Detail Shot

Here's a link to one of the characters I am designing. Nait, NPC Good Guy Companion for a Post Apocalyptic Setting.

Grashlok posted:

I legitimately want to know: how dirty was Denise's whole house?

Denise never left rotting food or anything like that around -- In her room it was toys, books, papers, and mostly piles and piles of clothes. The rest of the apartment was generally pretty clean except for some boxes of Louanne's stuff that littered the upstairs hallway and filled up the closet in a haphazard and horrible way. This was stuff that George didn't want to see around after Louanne left because it was hers, but didn't want to throw out either in case she wanted it at some later point. So he let that clutter exist but generally it was pleasantly untidy. Lived in, I guess you could say. Not dirty by any stretch but not an IKEA catalogue either.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

thevoiceofdog posted:

loving hell, I see why you were saving that one for later. I guess that's what happens when you're in your own imaginary world, you completely disassociate with basic human responses like compassion or empathy. Have things gotten better for you since then?

Yes. I wanted you guys to see the extent of what she was like before I mentioned that, so you can see the extent to which this fantasy has taken her.

And oh yes -- I am very much better now, thank you. It was a rough time to be sure but I got out relatively unscathed all things considering! :)

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Vicas posted:

You know, it kind of amazes me you ever talked to her again after that. Like if I was ever in a position like that and one of my friends refused me for a reason that selfish and pointless, that bridge would be burned so hard.

I was also 17 at the time when that little exchange happened, so I would deal with the issue very differently now than I did then. Whilst I try not to blame people for their problems, I hadn't really learned that there were limits and boundaries to that. I know much better now.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Denise the Famous Manga-ka

Denise was altogether convinced that she was going to be a famous artist. She never outright said that she was better than me, but heavily implied it on several occasions. She would non-stop praise her own work constantly, and would rage out if any criticism was offered, no matter how constructive. She hounded me to draw things for her constantly and would whine when I didn't deliver.

She had some convoluted plot she wanted to transform into a yaoi comic and hit me up for the task. It was upwards of 100 pages. When I remained unmoved by her extolling the virtues of this certain masterpiece and it became clear that I would, in fact, charge for my services in rendering this no doubt sure-fire seller instead of settling for "royalties" of an indeterminate percentage after a certain number of sales -- which is what she suggested -- she set about moping and whining that it would never be created.

I made some money off of freelancing some time ago and during a long jobless spell, that was how I managed to live. Denise was incredibly jealous of this although she never admitted it, and began to draw the comic herself. I have yet to see the character designs or a single completed page.

I found some of her artwork, however. This is quite recent.

She is open for commissions. :toot:

I know where I cropped it looks suspicious, but he's actually just holding a sign that says 'Happy Birthday <Internet Friend>'
I have one other picture I found of hers, but it has a story to go along with it. A long story.

My Father is Vegeta

Short, and simple. Denise believes George is Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z because he has dark hair and a high widow's peak. Fact.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

quote:

Can people share similar stories?

NO THIS IS MY THREAD AND I DEMAND ALL THE GLORY of course other people can share stories! I certainly am interested in people with similar experiences, what they went through, why they stuck around, similarities, differences, and what they learned.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

The Worst Unicorn, I absolutely loving love your rendition of non-animu Denise yaoi guy.

BUKLERNIN'!

Denise was a special snowflake in many respects. Not only was she a dragon demon succubus virgin prince princess, but she was also highly educated. This is why it took her three additional years to pass Grade 12 and graduate from highschool. I was not present for those three years like I had been before; My home (or lack thereof) situation meant that I had to drop school in order to work and pay rent. I dropped out in Grade 11. I should also mention that Denise is at least two years older than me, yet was in my grade.

I should say also that I don't believe Denise is stupid in the base sense of the word. It's not that she's below average or just couldn't understand the highschool curriculum, it's that she simply refused to learn any of it. She wasn't interested and thought it was too hard. That's what she's like in a lot of areas in life. It's not that she isn't capable, just that if it's in the least bit challenging she doesn't care about it. She can't spell very well and her vocabulary is pretty basic for similar reasons. She was interested in her animu boyfriends and magic land and Yu-Gi-Oh! stats and that was about it. She just wasn't very absorptive. She took Japanese class for a while with me and Kat -- because of course glorious Nippon -- but none of it stuck. I can read and write Hiragana, Katakana, and limited Kanji, and I can understand and hold basic conversations in the language. I believe Kat also continued her studies.

Despite failing to a level I never thought possible to learn the language, she began to seriously look at teaching English in Japan. She wanted to go there so drat bad, she managed to weasel money out of her family to send her there. I bet she was a real beacon of cultural understanding whilst she was there and definitely not just another ignorant rear end in a top hat refusing to speak the language, smelling up the bookstore aisles and buying children's toys and DVDs by the hundreds.

SUMIMASEN, NIHONGO NI HANASHIMASEN

It was during my last few months at school that I tried hard to get her to meet others and disengage from her fantasy. There was a guy that supposedly had a thing for her -- I encouraged her to ask him out and try to get to know him. But he wasn't a bishie boy, so no such luck. She wasn't attracted to him. She did tell me she knew his spirit was Zidane from Final Fantasy IX though. Sigh.

She also began assigning me characters and explaining to me my various incarnations -- She told me she was certain that I was Freya from FFIX, and I was also somehow simultaneously Kuja from the same game. I was Zell from FFVIII, Ripley from Aliens as well as the Queen alien, Indiana Jones, and one of the raptors from Jurassic Park.

Aliens, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Jurassic Park are my favourite films of all time, so I suppose she was probably trying to appease me in some way. The same way she tried to appease me by insinuating I was Pope Badass the First of Escaflowne. To be fair, I did sometimes feel like Ripley when dealing with Denise. Kat, if I was Ripley, you were Newt. You probably felt the same but reversed.

After I dropped out I had a lot less contact with her. After I had had some time to try and forgive her for the Dollfie thing, sometimes I would try to reach out to her but I think my very evident disinterest in her Dollfie pissed her off because she was always Cleaning Her Room. I saw her with a Dollfie meetup group a few times in a mall, roleplaying them having buttsex or whatever the gently caress it is they do. I'm probably not far off in my assumptions.

For a time she had a part time position as a janitor working at the same place her father did. After several months she quit, citing stress or something I don't remember exactly. Then began the long stretches of time in which Denise was jobless. During which she still demanded animus, was still a messy shut-in, and in addition felt it'd be awesome to cite astral babies as a valid reason not to go and hand out resumées. Every day she was soooo sick and had suuuch a headache and jubhunting was soooo hard. This was before the recession hit. It wasn't exactly difficult to get hired on somewhere, but then again one typically has to wear clean clothing and not smell like the week old end products of a vulture's digestive tract to get the position. Kat and I, who were both employed, would try to help her, even offering to go out jobhunting but there was always some form of excuse so we gave up.

The few instances during this time period where we would speak, she would whine about not having money for whatever issue of manga she wanted or some new figurine, and I would silently remind myself of the Buddhist concepts of compassion and why they were so important to me. "Be kind; For every one you meet fights a hard battle." One of the last conversations I had with her when I still lived in my hometown is still very vivid in my mind.

Experience and world-view is relative, I told myself as I grit my teeth, her yammering -- about the spirit of Adonis astrally visiting her in the night, and someone dressed as Sephiroth giving her a hug at a con -- turning into nothing but a bouncing tone in my ear. She's never been hungry, she just doesn't understand. That isn't her fault. She shouldn't have to understand something like that. Nobody should. At the same time, I couldn't stop the feeling of indignation creeping through me. When that conversation ended, I more or less tried to forget about Denise for a long time.

And I succeeded. More or less. Until...

the post right below mine posted:

Did she ever make it to Japan?

Yes, to visit. She went for 2 weeks.

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 29, 2011

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Red_October_7000 posted:

I'm sure Uglynoodles will confirm/deny this for me when she comes back since she's said she has a working grasp of the language but I believe that Japanese is one of many languages that actually use intonation to change what you mean, so it would stand to reason that someone who's trying to "pour it on" so to speak, would get all squeaky.

Tone is important with Japanese, but no so much as Chinese. In Japanese you can have slightly different accents and stuff and people will still get what you're saying, with Chinese it's crucial you say your poo poo right or you will offend someone/not make sense at all.

For example, in Mandarin Chinese, "Chaa" can mean 'tea,' or it can mean 'bad.' Chaa with a slightly upwards tonal inflection on the last a means tea, Chaa with a lower tonal inflection on the last a means bad.
"Yuan" with a lower inflection is a Chinese denomination of currency, whereas "Yuan" with a higher one means 'far', as in a long distance.

Whereas in Japanese, 'Kuro' means the colour black regardless of which syllable you stress, you'll just kind of sound dumb or like a hillbilly or something if you do it wrong. As a rule of thumb you should try not to stress any syllables when speaking Japanese words, keep them as flat as possible. It's also important to note that the way people speak in anime is not the way actual Japanese speakers speak. Anime voices are a lot more bouncy and juvenile, so if you learn to talk from them, you will sound loving retarded to a Japanese person. Hence the issues with Applemilk1988.

That said, the squeaky voices thing is basically it's seen as being cute or feminine. It's a common thing in schoolgirls and stuff. The higher your voice is, the cuter you are, so the result is often Pikachu-level poo poo as overcompensation layers on itself.

Also thanks for being patient guys, working on the next post for tomorrow!

AND that guy really needs a punch in the face. How the gently caress can you be such a disgusting human being? He doesn't care about the kids he's teaching, he doesn't care about the culture he's ingratiated in, and he wants to gently caress 12 year olds. What a disgusting creep. Also did he not research the culture at all before he stepped in? No wonder the kids are rude to him. He doesn't stay after hours at all which means he appears lazy and uncaring to them, he expects to be treated specially, and he doesn't make an effort to speak their language. What a complete cock and a disgrace.

I would love to go to Japan and eat some authentic food rather than the homogenised stuff they usually serve over here for us lame westerners, and see the sights, and talk to some locals. I love that kind of stuff. I'd love to teach some Japanese kids English. I think I'd be good at that and it'd give me an opportunity to converse in their language, too!

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Yes, I realised that I spelled it "Yoi" by mistake after I'd done it. It's what I get for drawing it at like 2am. :D

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Don't worry, I'm not done -- writing a post at the moment! And Kat's studying for her language tests.

Thanks for being patient!

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Sorry for the wait guys and I know this is kind of a short one, but the next two are reeeeeally long.

Denise Across the Country

Three years ago I was getting my poo poo together to shift over to another continent to be with my true love forever (who is also a goon, actually. No that's not how we met.) But that's beside the point. What is the point is I was living in a city with a friend of mine in order to raise a bit of money and be within the vicinity of one of the embassies I had to visit in person to make this poo poo happen and get all my papers stamped.

Kat really wanted to see me before I left the continent, and my friend whom I was staying with (who is forever a saint in my eyes for many, many reasons) allowed her to arrange a visit. Kat still spoke to Denise somewhat regularly at this point and Denise got wind of it. It was at that point that Denise somewhat invited herself along. I can't remember the specifics of it all but it would've been very awkward to refuse her coming along. It might've been a discussion in the earshot of George or something I don't know.

So Denise and Kat arrive and the fun begins! At this point I had been living away from my hometown for some years and they were happy to see me. Well, Kat was. Denise was kind of pissed off at me indirectly because I was raising money through selling my art and was moderately successful at it, all things considering. I was making enough to pay for the expensive papers I needed and food and things like that. Aside from her adventures with beads that I will explain in a minute, Denise was working super hards on a piece for an art contest that she was sure to win. She would say this and talk about how awesome she was, and then in the next breath whine and gripe about how it'd totally never go anywhere and oh-won't-you-compliment-me. She laboured on this for hours, taking frequent breaks, and often talking about her struggles as an artist and how painstaking the detail was.

Denise got it into her head that commissions were an awesome way of making cold hard serious :10bux: but her drawings weren't selling. She figured she was pretty good at making little beaded keychain animals and those might sell, so she began hawking them online at prices that would make even the pretentious premadonnas on etsy.com cringe.

The Bead Adventure coming tomorrow...

quote:

CANADIANIANS! AMARKINS!

Just for my two cents/amusement/whatever, Denise, Kat, and I are all Canadian. :canada:

quote:

Indian Sai Baba Henriette

Oh god, tell me more.

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 3, 2011

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Cataphract Paladin posted:

Wait, hold on, that's the picture she drew wasn't it? If so, how could you have kept the sketch in such pristine condition after three years?

Because she posted that online, as well as some other work of hers and stereotypical animu cat-boy thing I posted earlier.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

SmokeyXIII posted:

I think my brother dated Denise, are you guys from St Albert Alberta???

No, we are not from there, and Denise has never had a romantic relationship of any kind.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

How Girl Get Stamps, How is Mailing Formed

Denise immediately took up residence in the bedroom and began to create a mini-maelstrom of clothing and books and poo poo within a couple of hours. I don't know why the gently caress she thought she needed so much stuff -- She was visiting a friend she'd not seen in years and wasn't likely to see again for a very long time. Or, you know... Ever. I mean a couple books or something would've been reasonable, there's bound to be a couple slow afternoons or evenings, but we're talking tons and tons of magazines and yaoi books and poo poo. She tossed her stuff everywhere instantly. As an aside, the room was not only not hers -- it was not even my room so the least she could've done was offer a cursory effort at keeping it tidy. But there we go with Denise and the big 'E' word.

Denise brought her loving Dollfie.
I mean why wouldn't she, really, given that she is an extreme womanchild in almost every aspect of her life and of course what the doll means to her. I get that the doll is important to her and maybe I'm being a little lovely about this particular detail -- I think in reality I'm just angry about the Dollfie being in my presence because of the connotations it had to me rather than anything else. I may be being unfair here.
I can't really knock on anyone for having a special item they keep with them. I myself had a small yellow blanket from my babyhood that had frills and had a print of a green, blue, and pink giraffe, elephant and lion in a hot air balloon in clouds on it. I kept it with me my whole life, in a special pillowcase in its later years, and lost it when I was 18. I was devastated. (It was a popular design in the 80s so I'm told, I wish I could find a similar one!)

So on the one hand I can't really judge her on that, and on the other, I wanted to throw both her and the loving stupid thing out the window. Thankfully however she left it on the dresser the whole time and I more or less forgot it was even there.

So Kat and Denise get some rest for the first day or so, during which time Denise decided she was going to work super hard on her bead creatures to sell as commissions. She decided she needed to go and get beads. They were special beads apparently and so we had to find a bead shop and had to go get them right loving now you guys I need them. Nownownownow.

The nearest bead shop was about 2 miles or so away. I've never had a car in my life, didn't have a bike there, and had to save money so elected to walk. 4 miles isn't a bad thing after all, it was nice and summery out so off we went.

Not twenty minutes in, Denise started to complain. Her feeeet huuuurt, it was too hooooot, where is this shooop etc. Kat and I are both fairly active people and had no problem walking. We stopped into a Subway for lunch and a drink, and Denise collapsed in the chair next to us and moaned about how far it was and how much she needed those beads. Christ, you'd think we were walking to Narnia or some poo poo. Kat gave me a knowing look.

So we get to this bead shop at long last after distracting discussion about animu boys and some videogame that neither Kat or I play, and Denise rushes in and gets to work.

But none of the beads are this specific ultramarine or whatever colour she wanted so, whiiiiine. That didn't stop her from blowing about $200 on beads for her keychain critters that were totes going to sell in the gazillions despite her never actually testing the market by making and selling just a few first. Nope, it was balls to the walls bead time. I remember her asking Kat to buy her some beads and Kat was like :smug: "Nope."
Turns out Denise spent almost all of her money at that bead shop. She bought that and some retarded yaoi mags and that was it. Nice going.

So we head back to the apartment and Denise gets to work on building some critters, since it was the evening now and stuff. Idle banter was had, and when it got dark we played Silent Hill 3, and lo, it was fun.

The next morning Kat wants to go out and see some of the buildings and poke around some shops. Denise however wants to stay in and smell up the room. She throws a bit of a sulk at us when we insist; No, we do not want to stay in, Kat wants me to show her around this city she's never been to before. There is cool stuff to see, come with us. Nope. Frown. Glower. Sulk. Beads. Well, tough poo poo. When she realised we did actually not give a rat's rear end about her mood, she decided she'd come along anyway.

She complained and sulked the whole loving time. See, she wanted to be working on her bead creatures. She didn't have a lot of time and why couldn't we all stay in so she could work on them and we could just chat. She finally realised this poo poo wasn't getting her anywhere as I explained what the buildings around us were and what little I knew about the place, and headed in the direction of a park. So she sulked again, occasionally whining about the heat and how far we'd gone. But only occasionally. She did lighten up for a little while.

Denise was getting pissed that her bead keychains weren't selling. She got a pity commission from someone I think and so worked on that or her SUPER DETAILED DARGON that was GOING TO WIN THE CONTEST in the evening. Denise was sulky, messy, and hadn't showered. Kat and I were sick of dealing with her and went out on a walk. We got some coffee or something and had a good chat about stuff without her around. We also agreed that when Kat would come visit me in the UK, she would absolutely keep it on the down-low and no Denises would be tagging along too.

Kat and I had this awesome time in the middle of the night where we went out and climbed all over a nearby structure, drank blue Gatorade and broke out into spontaneous dance for no reason. At 3am we marched through one of the structure's imposing looking gates and loudly proclaimed to nobody in particular that we were super demon succubus vampires and so couldn't go out in the sunlight alone or date anyone because although we were gods of sex we had to remain pure. We burst out laughing. We did have serious discussions about philosophy and life and where we felt we were headed, things we couldn't talk about with Denise around. We forgot ourselves for a few hours and it kicked rear end. When we got back Denise was making some bead thing. There were beads everywhere. Everywhere. I'd be finding beads in that room for weeks afterward. On the floor, in the corner, under the closet door, in my loving underwear.

Denise made it apparent through the whole time that she was selfish, lazy, and hadn't changed at all. In one conversation she imparted to us that oh, she hoarded and kept statues and books and what have you because she was a dragon and dragons must have hoards, so she couldn't give any of it away. (Dragons also don't shower or hold down jobs, I guess. Makes sense right?)

I can't remember exactly how this came about but Denise had to mail something or get stamps or something simple. She wanted us to do it for her because she didn't want to go outside as usual. I don't remember what we were doing at the time but I do remember it distinctly involved Not Doing Denise's poo poo For Her. She made a big loving deal about this so we told her hey, it takes five minutes and you know where the corner store is, go do it yourself. So she tried either the most retardedly transparent attempt at manipulation I have ever seen, or displayed exactly how stunted she really is.
"I don't know how to mail a letter."
"What?"
"I'm a demon prince, I've only been in this world so long and I have servants to deal with most things like that for me. I don't know how to mail a letter. You do, so I don't understand why you won't do it for me."

gently caress me, that pissed me off. I had had entirely enough of her poo poo.

"Denise that's ridiculous."
"No it isn't, I--"
"Dude, don't make excuses. Just go to the corner store, get some stamps and post your letter, it isn't difficult."
"I don't want to go alone."
"Well, we're busy right now."
"It has to be mailed today!"
"Well, go mail it before last pickup. Last pickup's at 5, according to the box outside."
"I don't know where the store is."
"Denise you can see it from our window."

Denise refused, electing to sulk instead as evidently she figured that would be much more productive, and to my knowledge did not post the letter.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Absolutely not.

You even make a comparison immediately afterward about a yellow blanket you had when you were a baby. She's had the thing for what, a year or two? Don't even try to still sympathize with her.

You're right, I'm sorry. :(
I don't talk to her anymore nor do I have any intention of doing so in future. I guess it's just in my nature!

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Not a huge post, just an illustration I didn't have the time to do yesterday:

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I may be suffering from a memory lapse, but have we ever gotten details on Denise's Dollfies? I recall the posts where she was saving up, but I don't think we've gotten any details on what they're like. Were they already all painted up and dressed or did Denise do them herself?

Denise has one Dollfie as far as I know. Unless she's bought more, in which case, well, whatever I guess. $800 was just enough to buy her the 'right' Dollfie who looked enough like that gross skinny character from her yaoi point and click game she loves so much. As far as I know she only buys clothes for it, all of course are completely ridiculously priced.

quote:

What will happen when George dies?

Honestly? I don't know. Probably the same thing that's happening to Chris-chan now that his dad is dead.

Honestly, she will probably embark on a horrifically failed endeavour to live with her cousin. Since her cousin is every bit as inexperienced at life as she is I'm sure it'd make a great reality show.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

How Does I Touched Self
or I'm a Sex-God Succubus but I'm Afraid of Cocks
or I Wish I Was Making This poo poo Up

When in the comics/anime shop a couple streets away from the apartment, Kat and I browsed the whole store whilst Denise made a beeline for the "adult" books on the top shelf that were shrink-wrapped. I meandered over to see what it was she was so excited to find. Apparently this was the next one in a series she was following that she hadn't been able to find anywhere in our hometown. She made a big deal about how hot it was, how it was totally explicit and omg it's porn. It was some story or other about two skinny effeminate boys loving each other. Cool, whatever, I can be into that sometimes. So when we're back home, being a red-blooded female I ask to flip through it.

Flip, flip, flip. All talk, no gently caress. Oh, finally! Some loving! I pause to examine it. The artwork was in a fairly unimaginative CLAMP style with retarded long arms, huge hands and exactly two different faces. For the entire scene despite two guys apparently getting it on everything was faded out before the end of the frame, blocked with legs or hands, and there wasn't a cock , penetration, or reaction shot in sight. Just two barely naked dudes holding each other with some sound effects going on. For like six pages this scene went on and it was all the same.

"Well, poo poo, this is boring," I said, continuing to thumb through the pages with ever lessening expectation.
"What are you talking about? It's totally hot."
"It might be if I could actually see what's going on. This is gay porn, right? Where are all the dicks?"
"Um..."
"It's not 'totally explicit porn' without there even being a couple cocks around. I can't even tell these guys are guys. They don't act like dudes and they don't gently caress like dudes, they may as well be aliens!" I said and laughed. Denise began to glower.
"Yeah, I guess," she muttered. What, she was pissed off I didn't like her porn? Tough poo poo. I'd put up with her crap for years and she'd been here with me and Kat a week already at this point and hadn't showered once even though it was 30 degrees Celsius every day. She smelled and I was pissed. She was fair game as far as I was concerned.
"Seriously, I'm now imagining these guys are actually banging via a complicated set of intertwining tentacles sprouting from a slit. There is nothing in this book to deny this."
"Yeah, it would be better with dicks but that's all there is."
"I can go on the internet and find some in about four seconds."
"Yeah..." she bleated quietly, like a lamb in the jaws of a wolf.
"Okay," I said. "Seriously, how can you even get off on this? There's nothing to wank to. It's like if I took a bunch of pictures of people hugging, cut it off at the waist and said they were actually loving. In fact that's exactly what this is!"

And that was the end of that conversation, or so I thought.

"Well..." she said in that tone that over the years I had learned heralded one of her bouts of crazy bullshit, and I shut the book, letting it fall on my stomach.
"Well, what?"
"I don't wank to it," she said, a note vaguely reminescent of indignance creeping into her voice. "I don't wank at all."

"Denise anyone our age who says they don't masturbate is full of poo poo. Look, if this stuff is what gets you going then that's okay."
"No I really don't masturbate. I don't... know how."
"What?"
"I don't know how!"
"You don't know how to masturbate."
"No."
"Not even once?"
"No. I tried, it just... Doesn't do anything."
"You tried to masturbate, and failed? You just touch yourself until it feels good. Jesus, what?" I covered my face with my hand and laughed. Denise was what, 21 at the time? I literally couldn't believe what I was hearing.
"What does it feel like?"
"What does what feel like? Wanking it? It feels awesome, that's why people do it. I'm not really going to go into deep science with you about this, but it isn't hard and I'd really recommend it to you. It might make you relax a little."
"So how do you do it?"
"Look it up or something... Man so if you don't know how to get yourself off, why do you read porn? Like what do you do?"
"I just read it... And I get warm and feel full of energy. And after a while I just put the book down and try to forget about it."
"The gently caress?" This was way too much for me to handle. Things were starting to snap into place, like an ancient stone puzzle whose pieces were beginning to align to form a picture. In this case, the picture was of a giant dick. "So, you know how guys do it, right? Haven't you ever seen pictures or videos of girls doing the same thing? Do you get the differences?"
"I don't looking at dicks..."
"I thought you were into guys."
"I am. I just... They kind of scare me."
"What scares you? Guys? I've told you before, they are just people. You just have to talk to them and get to know them, and --"
"No... Guys' dicks scare me."

Okay, gently caress the stone puzzle starting to form an image of a giant dick. It was now forming a giant image of... bull turds.
"Denise, how can you be the reincarnation of an ancient succubus who specialises in male pleasure when you're afraid of a dick and don't know how to get yourself off?"
"... I wanna go get some food."
"Right. Here's your book."

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Probably because, given the list of company mentioned, it was probably a fetishistic appearance rather than an appearance of people who happen to be that way.

And come on. Inviting your mum to see your doms and subs and pets or whatever, people who engage in your fetishes with you?

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Transmogrifier posted:

I know Denise is a cow, that you were probably young when this occurred, and I'm probably taking it a little personally, but I actually felt a little bad for her when you made fun of her for having never masturbated. I'm in my mid-twenties and until I got together with my girlfriend last December, I had absolutely no sex drive. It's really not that uncommon and I think a reaction like that is why people like her and myself are really self conscious about revealing this poo poo to our partners because people put so much emphasis on sexual rites of passages at an early age that it's really hard to tackle it later on.

Granted, I know your reaction was also based on her "hurr I have so much sex with my astral boyfriends and husbands" and I'm not trying to call you a bad person or anything, uglynoodles. Just in a twisted kindred spirit kind of way, I feel bad for her on that little matter.

I don't make fun of people who just aren't into it. I know there are people who've never felt the desire, who don't feel the need and just don't have the drive, and that there are asexual people out there. There is also nothing wrong with inexperience and the way I reacted to Denise is not the same way I would react to someone else. Denise was not any of those things. Just as how I refused to call her a him when she wanted me to. It's not out of disrespect for transgenderism or alternative sexuality or whatever you want to call it. It's conversely out of respect for those things that I refused to define her as part of them. She had no idea what she was talking about with regards to the first one, and with regards to the second one -- I don't even know.

In short, I took the piss out of Denise because of reasons.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

discoukulele posted:

If you ever decide to put all of this together and publish it as some sort of otaku Girl, Interrupted with pictures, I would buy the poo poo out of it.

Hahahaha, well, feel free to donate.

Wojtek posted:

There's always someone who is more crazy. There are people out there that make Denise sound tame in comparison.

And I've dated some of them.
Said crazy actually e-mailed me just the other day accusing me of being on heroin and 'murdering his son' via 'wonton abortions.'
I've never so much as smoked a cigarette in my life and I have never been pregnant.

He does this about every year or so. Makes a new e-mail or finds me on a social network and bothers me with this poo poo. It would be funny if he weren't serious.

After I left the apartment we lived in I found out from the landlords that he'd been keeping jars of urine.

Oh boy, do I have stories. He and Denise are really the only 'crazies' in my life but they are doozies.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

What could be more fun than adding my Brian stories to the mix, I suppose? It's the evening and I don't have much else to do right now. I don't think this post in and of itself is worth a new thread, but it is related to the topic (He knew Denise and they got on really well, and had his own dose of animu bullshit.) With the poo poo that went on with him I probably could make one, but I'll try to condense it to make for some fun evening reading. Not all of it will be fun reading. As I said before in aeons past, the insanity has its roots in sadness. Brian also had his share of Denise-esque tendencies but his were more... Acute, and in some cases more dangerous.

The Life of Brian

Brian is somebody I dated when I was a teenager. Brian is insane, abusive, unstable, and nobody you would want to be around for any length of time for any reason. Obviously he was not this way when the relationship started. Over the course of three years his slow descent into madness damaged himself, me, everything and everyone around him arguably quite beyond repair. I stayed with him that long because I was a dumbass teenager, I was in love with him, (dumbass teenager) and like many abused partners, believed it was my fault and that if I only worked hard enough, he'd get better. "It's only a rough patch," my little voice would say. "Just hang in there. It'll get better. He'll treat you like he used to." If you ever find yourself saying that about your partner, no matter how much you love them, you owe it to yourself to loving leave. There are such things as 'bad days' and 'rough patches' but usually that means a lovely day at work or a week of bad luck that grates on their temper and makes them a bit grumpy. It does not translate into the poo poo he did and months of abuse. About 6 or 7 months in, my role changed from a girlfriend into a caretaker. There was no sexuality or romance involved after that time. For numerous reasons this caretaker poo poo happened but mainly I stayed because I was a dumb gently caress and had no one else and nowhere else to go to at the time. When I met new friends, I bailed once they knocked it into my head what the gently caress was going on.

I learned not to be a carpet anymore for people like him, or even for people like Denise because of the poo poo I went through at his hands. I am a lot less tolerant of bullshit than I ever was and that's something I can thank him for. I learned that love isn't always enough, and that there are things vastly more important when it really comes down to it; Your own sanity. Everything worked out OK for me in the end.

We broke up years ago. Even so and despite me blocking and banning him from everywhere I am online, every year or so he manages to circumvent this by making a new e-mail or whatever and messaging me.

That's him as he looked when I left -- And, as I am to understand, how he looks to this day. Him and his snake, Vossler. He named that snake after a Final Fantasy 12 character when he saw me playing the game and saw what a tremendous cockhole the character was.
Oh well. At least he showered.
He also never hit me. Sometimes he threw things at me, but I'm pretty confident he wasn't trying to hit me so much as he was trying to get attention. Either way it was bullshit, but there we have it.

In no particular order, over the course of my time with him, Brian:

- Got banned from visiting the schoolyard acoss the road from our apartment. Brian would go there every day toting around his 6.3ft Bismarck Python. He would show up every day unwashed, unkempt, unshaven, in a beaten up old black airforce jacket done up to the first button no matter the season and khaki jeans. He wore these clothes every day and it showed. When I suggested it was because he probably looked creepy to the parents and might want to take better care of his appearance, he screamed that the world should judge him based on how he looks, and threw a dish at my head.

- Refused to get a job, refused to go out and meet friends, refused to eat anything but the finest cuts of meat and it better be without any vegetables. Refused to learn to cook. Refused to take off his jacket in 30C+ summer weather. Refused to cash his welfare cheques himself or pay bills or rent but insisted it all be in his name. Made me do it.

- Forced me, with screaming tantrums, to stay up and "DM" private sessions of D&D with him until the wee hours, despite me working two full-time jobs at the time. I remember several occasions where I was so tired, I collapsed and slept even as he screamed and tantrummed at me. When I would cave into his demands and let him roll a die to make little roleplay decisions with his munchkin half white dragon character, he would make my life miserable whenever I wanted to stop. Even if it was 4AM and the first of my two 8 hour shifts started soon.

- Threw an absolute loving shitfit when we didn't have money to buy him his newly released volume of Gundam: SEED. I can't remember if it was the original SEED series or the newer one.

- Pawned my Gamecube and all my games to buy it for himself.

- Stole huge amounts of money from my wallet, despite being on disability allowance and his share of rent and bills were being paid by the state. This is also why I worked 2 jobs. I couldn't make enough to pay for my half of the rent and bills and buy us food because he kept loving stealing it.

- Lied loving incessantly. Did he tell you about the time when at 11 years old he performed a Deathblossom manoeuvre in an F-16 jet? How about the time he was promoted to Corporal in the Canadian Air Force at 14 and without having passed Basic? How about the time he was an arms dealer? How about the time his brother shot him in the head? That's what gave him his scar, you know. And didn't you know that it throbs and aches when danger is nearby? Also whenever you touch it. He claims he could die from it if he was poked in his scar too hard. I really want to test my knuckles' density on it. Oh and he's a prize fighter. He loves to fight. Fight fight fight, he's a loving ninja. He is a berserker. He could take on anyone. I never saw him in even a minor scuffle and he weighs barely 130lbs at 6'2".

- Would watch the same scene on one of his Gundam: SEED DVDs over... And over... And over... And over... And over... In one sitting he would watch a single scene sometimes around 20 or 30 times. He would then claim that he'd only seen any given episode at most 3 times.

- Would burst into the bedroom when he knew I was sleeping. (We did not sleep together, physically or proximity-wise at this point) He would burst into hysterics, then suddenly -- sometimes mid-wail, stop, cold as stone. He would then slowly stand up and leave the room. Sometimes he did this multiple times a night.

- Would talk about things he had heard on radio or seen on TV as if they had happened to him.

- Would throw things in my direction.

- When we were living on the good graces of a friend of mine in rural bumfuck nowhere, in the dead of winter he decided he hated us so much for expecting him to do chores and generally participate in life that he left in the middle of a snowstorm. He packed up his bag with all his DVDs, and went out in nothing more than his lovely khakis and his thin, threadbare jacket. It was about -30 bare, -40 windchill. He only came back because one of my friend's dogs had been hit and he found the dog.

- Allowed throngs of neighbourhood kids in to see his snake, which was his pride and joy. Did this without my permission, without me home most of the time. The kids stole my games and stole from what few pieces of jewelry I had. An amulet my great grandmother gave me was stolen.

- Believed he was connected to Athrun Zala of Gundam: SEED fame. Sometimes referred to me as 'Yzak.'

- Refused to get out of the apartment/out of bed/off the floor. Once asked me if he poo poo himself on the couch, if I would clean it up because he didn't want to go to the bathroom.

- Once disclosed to me that 'he doesn't think this way now,' but he once wanted to "find a suitable female host" for his offspring because he was "genetically perfect," and admitted to being mistaken when he believed that this 'female host' would produce for him an identical copy of himself to make into a perfect soldier. Once he knew that DNA of both partners and not just the father is used to make a child, he said he redoubled his efforts to find the "perfect female host" for his child to impregnate, take the child from, and then leave her. He only ever had 2 girlfriends ever, including me.

- Had very specific, very vivid, probably sexual fantasies of being Emperor of the world. Said he would rename it Terra.

- When I began to spend time with work friends' and over at their houses and avoid him as much as possible he bombarded me with calls and eventually took to standing outside their apartments.

- Did not tell me he had acquired 2 scorpions after I had left the apartment. A month after he had left to go back to our hometown, I returned to collect a few of my things. He left the door open and unlocked, so of course the remainder of my poo poo had all been raided. There wasn't much there but I had lent him a PS2 to keep him entertained after I had left him. The scorpions had starved to death. I don't like spiders or scorpions but the idea of those poor animals suffering and dying alone in there still makes me feel awful. If I had known, I would have kept them fed until I could have given them to someone who would've loved them.

- Fed my pet rat Socrates to his snake because he didn't like him and because Vossler "couldn't wait another day for food" despite his being able to go out to the reptile shop to get him a frozen one.

- Threatened to press charges against me when I loving lost it and screamed at him for murdering my animal.

- And many more

Last year he sent me an e-mail saying he had it on 'good authority' from 'reliable sources' that I was back in our hometown, and why was I avoiding him? That was fun. I simply responded that I was not, I was in fact still across the world from him, to please seek professional help, and not to contact me again.

Here is what I received in my inbox the other day, copypasted:

"I know why it is you hate me, and its not because I hurt you. The abusive boyfriend card you carry around with you has run its cores. You hate me or dont like me, witch ever, simply because i know the real you, and thats a threat to the new life you've built. You wiped the slate clean of your past and dont want your faults or mistakes coming back and effecting you, and I am living proof of your faults.

To the point, I want an explanation, and one way or the other, however long it takes, I will find the truth. You murdered our son, virtually every person we know told me the same thing, you dint lose him, you aborted, via drug use and self violence. I want to know why, you will account for your actions here.

I expect complete denial on your part, its always been your way, make excuses or outright deny responsibility, you do owe me something, you owe me the truth for once. Stop being a coward and a victim and account for your actions."

- I have never so much as smoked a cigarette in my life.
- I have never been pregnant.
- I don't want to live on this planet anymore

More Denise next time!

quote:

Why did you stay friends with Denise?

Basically, I was young and stupid, for one. Also by the time all this nonsense had really come to a head she was friends with Kat, the only other friend I had and I felt if I really put my foot down, she'd poison my relationship with the only other human being I could connect to. It's very sad, juvenile and pathetic, but let's be real. I was sad, juvenile, and pathetic. All three of those things in droves. Keep that in mind too for the Brian story.

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 9, 2011

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

quote:

Did they ever meet?

Yep, don't worry. Now that you know who Brian is, I can tell you about the times Denise and Brian hung out and the crazy poo poo they talked about. :3: BUT this is a thread about Denise, so, the rest of the stuff will be about her and how she fit him into her lore.

But until then, onwards. To work. Hurray. :smith:

quote:

Less Brian

No problemo. He does tie in though.

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 9, 2011

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

From the Kat Files:

quote:

Also, something you may have forgotten---she brought that binding shirt and fake penis along, too. I thought I'd give you the pleasure of that story.

Hahaha, I had forgotten about that. Thank you. And of course by thank you I mean :barf: I guess I'll tell that story later.

quote:

*QUICK NOTE: At this point, Denise has completed the transition to Parrier.

I can't remember the exact details of Denise tagging along, either. I think I might have brought it up once, because I thought it would be fairly rude if I went without her knowing. Bad idea. She latched on like a slug. She left it all to me to arrange, between booking the flight and communicating with Uglynoodles. Frankly, I wouldn’t have trusted her plans. Her plans tended to be insubstantial. When I was young, my parents got me into the Scouting organization. At this point, I'd been in the organization for almost 9 years, and it taught me enough leadership and life skills to recognize that bad end.

So, I took her along to the travel center and we planned our trip. Or, rather, the travel agent and I spoke in a language unfamiliar to Denise, who supposedly knows many languages but can't remember them since she's stuck in this form. Everything was done, the flight was booked... time to pay.

Denise didn't have enough money because she bought whatever. Would I please spot her the cash and she'd pay me on her next pay cheque? Actually, I don't think she said please. I think she just gave me a look after mentioning that her account was a bit short. Fortunately for her, I don't buy very much useless crap. I had been saving for several months for this. I had enough for two of them if I bought the tickets with the money I had allotted for spending. I think the travel agent and I exchange a look when I put both tickets on my debit card.

I can't remember if Denise had flown before. If she had, it had been a while. I think she might have said something about not trusting a plane to fly because she was a dragon, but at this point it was 7:30am, I had been up since 4:30, and could care less. I don't remember much about the flight, except that on the way back I was really, really glad that the airport assigned us seats away from each other. It's a four hour flight.

Now, I was excited. Ugly was living in a fairly important city--I had visited once, when I was 7. Most of my dad's family lives in that province, and I was very happy to experience the sights and sounds. It's a lot bigger than the place I had come from. Denise was not as excited. At first, she shared Ugly's and my enthusiasm for walking around. But after that, she just looked at the things we'd point out, and just be like "Cool." and then, still later, "Meh."

"Meh." is a favourite expression of hers. Often, I'd encounter it over the phone with her. Denise liked to talk. Not converse, talk. Even odder, she sometimes didn’t want to talk, which led to long silences as she did something on a game. Anytime I’d suggest that I could call back later, she’d say something along the lines of “it’s okay,” “no, I can talk,” or, unfathomably, “why?”

It’s little ticks like this that set me off. Uglynoodles and I would blow of steam together, ranting about poo poo like this. When I visited her, we caught up on a whole two years' worth. It's just not the same unless have a tete-a-tete.

And just for fun, here's a Very Vivid Moment from earlier in the timeline just to tide you over whilst I write about the fake flapping dong and the binding shirt.

The morning after Denise tried to make out with me whilst pretending to be an animu guy, we got up and went to the fridge for some food and drink. I made myself a cup of tea and sat down on the couch in front of the TV, but didn't turn it on. I was well and truly weirded out.
"Hey," I said after a full minute of silence, and blew at the tendrils of steam rising above my cup. "You know last night... When that anime guy took over your body?"
"What? That happened?"
"That's what you told me happened," I replied. My focus never wavered from the blank, grey glass of the television screen.
"I told you that? What?"
"The anime guy told me it happened. Well, you know, when that happened... Does that happen with your cousin around?"
"Why?" she asked as she hit the power switch on the PS2 console. The TV hummed to life. As simplistic glowing dots flowed around on the loading screen, images flashed before my mind's eye; Hideous images from which there was no escape. Flesh rubbing flesh, unibrow against unibrow. At first I thought it was nausea but a feeling came to me, sudden and intense as being hit by a train. I felt connected to some part of nature that I couldn't readily explain as my thoughts spelled out what Denise was about to speak even before she said the words.
Get out. this mystical ancient wisdom told me. Run, it whispered.

Too late.

"Sometimes they possess us," she said. I knew it. "Sometimes Myotismon talks through me and sometimes Sephiroth talks through her."
"Mmm," I said in wordless affirmation, encouraging her to continue. She began unwinding the controller cord.
"I don't remember when I'm taken over."
"So if Myotismon wanted to kiss Melissa, that'd happen?"
"That's not happened before," she said, apparently unaware of the words she'd uttered to me in a husky voice to quite the contrary, mere hours before. "They're always well-behaved. Besides, if they're not, the Admiral can always beat them up afterwards."

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Denise WTFuckery to bring you an important announcement:

I. The Denise stories are not over.
II. I am going in hospital tomorrow for a (minor) surgery and thus may not be able to update over the next several days.

But when I get back I will tell you about :

x. "The Admiral"
x. Denise Crowns Brian as a Demon Animu Prince
x. Brian and Denise's PAST ANIMU LIFE RECOUNTING session they did together
x. Brian tells me of his life as an animu Gundam Pilot
x. Snapshots of Horror

uglynoodles fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Hello all, never fear, for I have resisted the call of the cold fingers of Death and came out alive (If covered in bandages.) Verily, my blood is still warm, even despite the gruesome challenge of watching the Twilight series in its entirety back to back with a friend during my recovery. Yea, I do come before you beaten and scarred, my soul cleaved by the horrors mine eyes have witnessed, but still I come.

Updates in the morning. :3:

• Locked thread