Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I need to hear this Sex and Gender talk! Please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Uglynoodles, this thread is perfect. Perfect. I am really sorry that you felt some of your personal trauma has to come up for the purposes of the story though. I'm glad you're willing to share although it certainly wasn't expected of you. Uh, it's hard to communicate what I mean; I hope you understand.

Sir Prancelot posted:

Would this place be at all appropriate for sharing tales of my college anime club and how it went irreparably insane over the course of a single semester? It went from being a very laid back club for generic nerd interests to a coven of crazed 18 year old girls who believed they were a wolf pack in less than two months. It's got stalkers and monsters and all kinds of madness.

Oh my god, does this have to do with Wolf's Rain? Because when I was in high school there was this group of girls I was friends with and they all called each other by the names of characters from the show and tried to dress/speak like the character and would randomly howl and oh my god I had completely forgotten about this. :stare:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Interestingly, her "multiple words" setup seems so ripe for a fantasy novel that I can't help but imagine she stole it from one.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh man. What really bothers me is how completely familiar this story is. Not personally, mind. (My problems were different.)

Coughman posted:

I'd like to imagine that he hired Phoenix Wright to get custody for these sky children.

Phoenix Wright is a criminal lawyer you ignorant swine.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

YggiDee posted:

The best interpretation of the 'all fictional universes are true' theory is is the one where they all take place in the imagination of the autistic kid at the end of St. Elsewhere.

I am pretty sure this is the part where the entire thread reveals that they are still nerds by falling upon you and ripping out your throat with their teeth.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

I don't know what the timeframe on this is, but I think she may have been victimized by this movie made by cultists. Many Universes Theory really needs some very careful explaining, not exploiting for personal fulfillment at age stupid-teen.

Well, she mentioned an obsession with Advent Children, which was... 2005, according to Wikipedia.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't know man, this thread is pretty much a super bummer :(. It's interesting though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wow, this thread gets crazier and crazier. Thanks for keeping us updated so promptly!

Khazar-khum posted:

$800 is the base price. That gets you a doll blank from a mold, possibly with no face. It will have no hair, eyes, or any kind of painting. It will even still have the mold lines from the manufacturing of it.
It really depends on the company. Bobobie is like $180 for a full-size doll; Soom/Volks/Iplehouse will be up to about $900 or so.

quote:

My Aunt & Sister collect dolls. My sister has a Dollfie($1300) and a Jace($2K). Jace is made by a Korean company, Soom, I believe. He is big--24" or thereabouts.
Jace is by Unidoll, and he doesn't run nearly $2K (although he's now discontinued for being kind of ugly). Base Jace was like $600. The most expensive dolls I know are some of the limited Sooms. I had a Euclase I re-sold for I think $1,800 when I left the hobby about three or four years back. (Well, almost left--I still have one Iplehouse Kamau.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Obligatory Toast posted:

Oh, that's not even the worst part about those dolls. There are entire communities dedicated to people sharing these dolls and writing fan fiction about them.

That's right. Grown people writing stories about their dolls and putting them into relationships with other dolls.

Pft, you forgot the best part! People making "comics" by splicing together awkward photos of their dolls! (Complete with MS Paint "sweatdrops" and suchlike added on later.)

(Some of the dolls are less girly though and really do fit in among a standard doll lineup.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
As far as I can tell, Denise has a shame/confusion problem in regards to masturbation that is much commoner than many people think and is a symptom of how sex is addressed in modern American culture.

I knew a girl in college who was raised in a not-particularly-Christian household and still didn't know women could masturbate. She thought it was a men-only exercise.

I don't know, this update was painfully pathetic, but I don't see it as a strike against her. More sad, really.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she just doesn't know how to mail a letter. She may have never done it before and might think that it's totally complicated.

e: This might be totally acceptable if she wasn't in her 20s

Yeah, as "obvious" as these things are to, well, functional people, the truth is that these are still learned behaviors. If no one has ever taught her to do these things, and she's afraid of trying new things, then it's not unthinkable that she would believe it's probably too difficult or complicated to do alone. (I had a friend stress out about changing her voter's registration for this reason, even though that is likewise a cinch.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Viola the Mad posted:

If it's any comfort, the people ordering art from her probably aren't asking for the :nms: stuff. They just think she's a good artist and want her to draw a pretty picture for them.

AH HA HA HA HA HA.

No, commissions is how you get the really hosed up poo poo. It's one of the reasons I stopped taking them. Writing out the list of won't-dos just got depressing and I didn't really need the money anyway.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Snapdragon750 posted:

Summer gets abducted by Hitler and apologizes to me for, you know, the Holocaust (I'm Jewish)

I get the feeling that this thread still has some damned good legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GenericOverusedName posted:

There's that one tiger dude who has whisker implants but gently caress if I'm gonna google for it.

E: \/ But... there aren't tigers in the Americas?

At some point, that's a pretty arbitrary distinction, though. If his totem were the horse probably nobody would bat an eye, despite the fact that mustangs are feral invasives. Or if he were from a tribe in California and went for wolverines or wolves, despite them having been extirpated from that portion of their original range.

• Locked thread