Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

uglynoodles posted:

She is entirely unaffiliated with the FF7 house crew. I have actually spoken to the OP of the FF7 house, we have had many conversations snerking about the weirdness of Sephiroth wives and Hojos and unwashed bodies and purple skirts and glitter.

Wait so... the FF7 house was real? I was under the impression that was made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's not just anime, it's just that anime fans are loud enough and exposed enough on the Internet. I spent two years in university in a small class with a girl who was absolutely obsessed with India and Sai Baba's teachings. Absolutely insufferable and probably as nuts as Denise and the FF7 house girls.

Yeah I mean, go to the fandom secrets thread in PYF. People can be obsessed over almost anything, and in hosed up ways.

Corbid Muriosity posted:

There is one thing I have always wondered about these people and maybe one of you guys can fill me in here since I have never known anybody who actually likes anime other than my sister, who is normal besides liking bad cartoons.

When these people are obsessing over their cartoon character husbands or wives or whatever, do they see them in their heads as cartoons or do they create them into actual human likeness? I mean, do they really think this brightly colored cartoon character is going to just waltz around in the real world like it's normal or do they at least maybe think of Brad Pitt with a hosed up hairdo and magic powers?

They believe they're in love with an anime character. The irrationality of their cartoon appearance clashing with real life kind of doesn't matter at that point. That's only something a normal person would worry about, and a normal person would never be in that situation.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

afterhours posted:

My friend and I have been reading through this thread and my friend pointed out that on a profile or something Sephiroth is suppose to be like 50 years old. Right? Mmmsexy. The senior citizen of my young girl girdled loin dreams.

Nah he's like in his mid 20s.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

OP, why the attraction to Sephiroth do you think? I've never played Final Fantasy, but it seems like every second crazy fan you hear about is obsessed with Sephiroth.

The same reason a girl might obsess over any anime guy. Sephiroth is a long, silver haired prettyboy, wears black leather, very mysterious and "misunderstood", etc. Why he's more popular than most? Probably because the game he's from is popular. So just out of the sheer volume of fans of the game there's going to be more crazies to get too into it.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

uglynoodles posted:

Who the gently caress is Yazoo and why would I 'claim' him? Is Yazoo a landmass somewhere?

Yazoo and Kadaj are villains in Advent Children. Them plus one other guy are actually just fragments of Sephiroth, so it's kind of amusing she ever let anyone "claim" them, given her infatuation with Sephiroth. Though I guess at the point of just watching the trailer she didn't know that. Hell even if you watched the movie you might not know it because it's dumb and confusing.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Ugh... But I guess given the cost of dental work, I suppose that's better than her not doing it at all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I'm always kind of embarrassed for America whenever Japan has to deal with one of those anime fanatic tourists. I don't want to be associated with that.

• Locked thread