Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

VidaGrey posted:

I think I may be one of them :ohdear:

No, that's a grey username

Nice try though :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I feel so bad for Denise's dad. He sounds like a really nice guy, it sucks that his daughter is so insane :(

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
There are insane fans of literally everything, some things just have a higher concentration of them

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Stottie Kyek posted:

Yorkshire curd tarts

This sounds like the most unappetizing spoonerism ever

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Twiggy Johnson posted:

I can't stop giggling like an idiot at that.

Oh wow I should read this

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

ShootaBoy posted:

Sad thing is, crazies do get obsessed with things that aren't anime.

The Tale of Shaggy

I met Shaggy in late August of this year. Seemed like a fairly normal guy, and for the most part he is, but he is firmly convinced that he's Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.
To the point that he dresses like him, eats absurd amounts of food, and talks like him. Down to the zoinks. Other than that he's a really fun, interesting guy, who's happens to think he's a cartoon character.

Does he have a dog?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
Summer: the original Hetalia fan

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Zore posted:

Look up My Immortal for a taste of what this usually looks like. It was a deliberate troll attempt written by a goon, but no one had any idea because it blended in so goddamn well with most of the crazy OC-fanfiction.

Wait what? I honestly had no idea haha, I knew it was some kind of joke but I never heard any official confirmation about it

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I'd say they're about equally bad

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I wouldn't mind hearing about The Amazing Spider-boy :)

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

OldMemes posted:

As for content, I've been posting the exploits of "Titanic Guy" on the Idiots on Facebook in PFY. Should I crosspost them here? There's nothing overtly creepy or offensive about Titanic Guy, just his bizzarre obbession with James Cameron's Titanic. I'm guessing it's too tame for this thread?

The stories are enjoyable either way (they're among my personal favorite parts of the Idiots on Facebook thread) so I'd say there's no harm in posting them here, just because the dude doesn't like anime children doesn't make him not weird

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Doused posted:

I have a friend who set up a fake facebook account for an anime character so he can be "married" to Charlotte Dunois, his Waifu.

Why are you friends with him

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
It was probably a joke, albeit an incredibly unfunny one

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I've seen the brony stuff but are they really selling Hetalia stuff? I didn't know people liked that show enough for it to be sold in a place like Hot Topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

value-brand cereal posted:

I feel like this thread has run its course and should be goldmined already.

Agreeing with this

Honestly at this point it's mostly just tangents and people desperate to prove they aren't like the people discussed in the thread

• Locked thread