Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elite Einherjar
Dec 1, 2009

Dareon posted:

My best friend legally changed his name to Sephiroth, I have interest in this topic.

I think this guy also needs his story told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite Einherjar
Dec 1, 2009
Ignore the Spergers, OP. I like your style of writing and the pictures are hilarious.

Aside from honestly believing in an imaginary friend that you borrowed from a TV show, I've always been irked by the ones these crazies pick. I've seen Sephiroth a lot, I've seen Heero Yuy before. I've read about Heath Ledger's Joker and Rorschach. It's always creeped me out that these girls seem to gravitate towards bad guy/sociopathic personalities as their one true love. I don't get the appeal. Does it have something to do with being the only person an evil dude cares for and thus being extra super special?

Did Denise assign anime characters to your love life like the Hojo chick did? Or were you just the quirky, chaste, supporting best friend to her life drama?

Elite Einherjar
Dec 1, 2009

Corbid Muriosity posted:

Ahh, okay. Makes sense. I was just curious because it got me to thinking back to when I was a kid and would run around the house pretending to be a G.I. Joe. In my head the imaginary G.I. Joes who used to run around and kill Cobra with me were always converted into human form. Even when I was pretending to be a Ninja Turtle I would think of them as more realistic versions of the live action movie characters.

You could also be a more visual/spatial thinker than they are, even in terms of imagination. I'm an audio thinker and would have an easier time going along with the mental image of that kid from Avatar jumping out of my TV and beating up my cat than you may be able to.

(Also, they're crazy.)

Elite Einherjar
Dec 1, 2009

Exercu posted:

"Japan is the greatest and I hate all that hate Japan. So that means I hate my grandmother. She constantly brings up poo poo like, “THEY BOMBED PEARL HARBAR!!!!111″ Yeah well I would be pissed off if my country was nuked too!! I want to become a Japanese citizen some day. I hate reading garbage where people bash Japan because Japan is a lot better than any other nation out there. Japan has no economic problems or blacks like in America. Japan isn’t Korea. Japan has anime, manga and video games. All the things this guy talked about in his lovely article are reasons why I LOVE Japan. If he doesn’t like it he should just get out."

Aha. So what we now know is that Pearl Harbor was bombed because America nuked...wait what? Japan has no economic problems or blacks like in America. No, see, a relatively isolationist island state (with rather massive economic problems, actually. It's only been five years or so since they started recovering) will most likely not have any black people. Bah.

Reading through it a bit more and oh wow, turns out he's a lolicon-racist-homophobe who doesn't like real life women.

Someone should tell him that in Japan HE is the BLACK PEOPLE. :supaburn:

Elite Einherjar
Dec 1, 2009
gently caress this Brian guy.

So he pretended his girlfriend was a male Gundam pilot? :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite Einherjar
Dec 1, 2009
I've only ever experienced these people through proxy. All of my friends seem to "know one," but I guess I'm too big of an rear end in a top hat to get in on the crazy.

There was a girl in high school though that made a 60 page "manga" about me being her Inu Yasha. Also my comic book self was opposite gender. Also I had wings. And the Japanese exchange student was her best friend/rival in love. I used to have a copy of the comic, but I never talked to this girl in my life. Neither did the exchange student.

• Locked thread