Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSkeletonMan
Feb 24, 2011

Yayyy awesome let's make fun of someone with a mental illness!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSkeletonMan
Feb 24, 2011

gabrielx posted:

There is most definitely no precedent for making fun of the mentally ill here at forums.somethingnice.com

Gee man you sure got a point there, but there's a bit of a double standard here, don't you think? If someone here posted a thread "Ask me about my roommate who's confined to a wheelchair and the awesome jokes I make behind his back" or "Ask me about living with a black person who's totally inferior to me and I remind them of it every day" they'd get torn to shreds. So why should a mental disability, of which a person may have no control over, which they may have been born with, be the subject of light-hearted comedy?

AlphaDog posted:

This isn't even about mental illness, this is about someone who never grew out of HEY MUM LOOK I'M SPIDER MAN, which is hilarious.
Holy poo poo, you're right, this behavior, which displays all the signs of mental illness, is loving hilarious, because it's not mental illness, because if it was, it wouldn't be so loving hilarious!!!

• Locked thread