Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst there is the mockery of their belief system that gets otherkins all riled when you say your spirit animal is a dung beetle, or a tick, it is also because you are "doing it wrong".

If they truly believed that they were soulbonded, (or whatever), with animals and that other people could be soulbonded with any other animal, then it would be fine.

But I reckon that most of the outrage comes because, deep down they know they are just playing pretend, you aren't playing along properly.

It's like when you were a kid and playing with your wrestling figures, and some kid from down the block brings a barbie, or a transformer.

e.g.
"Pow! Whallop! Hulk Hogan just punched you!"

"Yeah, well Starscream just shot you in the face with his lasers."

It stops being fun if the other kids aren't playing 'right'. And to the furries/otherkin/whatever they're calling themselves, to play 'right' means you have to be a wolf, or a dragon, or an ocelot etc.

I'd imagine it would be the same when someone would decide to be biologically correct with the behaviour they were internet chatting/RPing about.

Starlightkittenwings34: "*mews and licks her paws sexily*"

FelisCatus: "Does a poo poo in your shoe and drags the carcass of a sparrow across the kitchen floor"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread