Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

A vote for chronological order, also a vote for closing the thread, writing up a few, and then opening it up and continuing (unless you're about to post anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Someone tell me what a grey people avatar is. The suspense is killing me.

Probably homestuck

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Sir Prancelot posted:

There are only two people with Homestuck avatars even in the thread. :psyduck:

Hmm, I have avs turned off but maybe it was a reference to people with Homestuck avatars having bad taste.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

uglynoodles posted:

I couldn't believe it. My throat tightened and I felt tears welling up. A few times that summer when it happened, I had declined to go out with her. At the time I told her something of that nature happened, although I was not specific, and that I was still dealing with it. Denise had apparently gotten out of that that rape and assault was a valid excuse to get out of something, and since cleaning her room failed she had better use that. Also pregnancy was an awesome sympathy card. Right?
"I'm going now," I said, and hung up. I remember vividly staring at my cooler bag that I had put a couple cans of lemonade in and how it turned into a blur of colour as I teared up. I cried for a long time that day.

Holy christ I am so sorry this is so hosed up :(

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Panzerschwein posted:

What if our world is just an anime for another higher-level world?

I'm sorry Panzerschwein but you are simply not canon

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

uglynoodles posted:

That story is new even to Kat, who has begun to read the thread herself and has told me she will be contributing some of her own Denise stories. She says she will send them to my e-mail, and I will post them through my account (Since :10bux: )

Account sharing is against the rules FYI and I don't want to see you get banned over it

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Alterian posted:

She could take dust baths like a chicken.

This would just wind up with little dust clouds hovering around her in the OP's sketches like Pigpen.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

ornery bean posted:

Are uglynoodles and Kat done talking about Denise? :( I noticed uglynoodles touched on all the subjects in the OP.

I think she has yet to talk about when denise actually went to Japan, the last Denise-related post seemed to end on a cliffhanger

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Cataphract Paladin posted:

Could we leave it at that the average tourist is often likely to unintentionally insult his host with his knowledge or lack thereof about the local political background and the various things associated with it, and move on back to the topic?

Thank you, I was getting bothered by this too. I would also prefer people leave politics at the door and talk about people they knew who were way too into anime and believed they were queens in alternate universes and poo poo

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It got lost in the whole Canada/America talk, but are Uglynoodles/mods/thread comfortable with me continuing stories of the India-obsessed girl in here? Interest doesn't seem to be significant enough to start a new thread, but I can do that if you all prefer me to.

Please do.* Your stories have been entertaining too and I'd like to hear more (as well as more stories from everyone know knew That Delusional Kid.

She's pretty crazy and it's still pretty well on-topic compared to America Vs. Canada or Goons Opinion On British Food.

* by "Please do", I mean keep posting them. No need to start a new thread, chuck 'em in here

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 2, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Tasty and Delicious posted:

Why isn't someone buying Denise an account? Surely she can't be so bad that she wouldn't fit in with goons.

This idea is never as funny as you think it is

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Sir Prancelot posted:

:staredog: Woah, wait, what?

Here's some CWC talk in another more appropriate thread if you want to know more

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she just doesn't know how to mail a letter. She may have never done it before and might think that it's totally complicated.

e: This might be totally acceptable if she wasn't in her 20s

She could have used this: http://www.wikihow.com/Mail-a-Letter

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

uglynoodles posted:

More Denise next time!

Yes and please less Brian - he doesn't sound like an anime soulbonding weirdo at all and more like a generic abusive boyfriend

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

If there aren't any more Denise stories this thread is probably ready for the goldmine

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Experto Crede posted:

To be continued :gonk:

Actually write your post and then post it

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Experto Crede posted:

To be continued again...

your posts are short enough that you can just write out the whole thing

Also your stories would be improved if you described him a little, right now he's just a guy you knew who did this thing and then this other thing

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

bringmyfishback posted:

Here's the website of the guesthouse: http://www.guesthouse.co.jp/ENGLISH/location/location_i.htm I highly suggest you scroll down and enjoy the insane web design, but also please don't forget to check out the image gallery at the bottom. This is what we woke up in EVERY DAY.

I think I'm blind

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Nessa posted:

Ugh, nice guys. There's one guy I know who's a bit of a brony who always talks about how "I wish I could find a cool, nerdy girl like you to date!" I told him to come hang out at the comic store, but he only ever came the one time. He'll also bring up my boyfriend sometimes like "So what did you guys do for Valentines? or How are you and your boyfriend doing?" He's not creepy or troublesome, but I can see why why doesn't have a girlfriend.

Aww, he wants his chance with you so badly. He only wants you to be happy :allears:

I'm sure :argh: that jerk :argh: you're with couldn't possibly know you the same way that :swoon: he does :swoon:

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Blinkman987 posted:

As for people just waiting by the wayside of friendship for "his chance," is it the way they go about it-- pretending that they're friends and being dishonest about their feelings-- that makes you upset? I've had friends that I've wanted to fool around with. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, we're still friends afterward unless the overture made it uncomfortable and they don't want to be friends anymore. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with wanting to fool around with friends while still being just friends. Or is the problem that they're just ugly and not attractive, and if an attractive person acted the same way it would be ok or even welcome?

Oh look it's our old friend "this would be perfectly fine if they were hot" let's go ahead and just drop that bit at the end right there because it's stupid for reasons I hopefully don't have to explain to you.

That out of the way: It's not just the dishonesty of pretending to be friends when they have bigger intentions, it's also the almost invariable attempts to undermine the existing relationship. In Nessa's case, he's got to keep reassuring her that he's a really great guy, that he would take her out to this place she wants to go, that she can trust him with anything she needs. He'd always be there for her, so if she ever doubts her relationship, she could go "well what if...?" He's basically trying to plant seeds in hopes that he can reap them later. Unlike your example, there are no overtures.

I mean look at this:

Nessa posted:

Also "I would take you to this cool Asian restaurant, but I should let your boyfriend do that."

Actually, I had it all wrong... Nessa, this is truly the man for you. Leave now, go to him! Have your Asian food, but goddammit LIVE, WOMAN! LIVE!~

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Blinkman987 posted:

You seem mad. I mean, HOW DARE I HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH THESE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET AND ASK QUESTIONS?

They're frustrated because this question has been asked over and over by so many wanna-be Nice Guys that even my initial reaction was "Oh god I hope he doesn't also post that 'men and women can never be friends / always want to gently caress' garbage"

That's not what you were asserting but I can definitely understand "Oh god not this poo poo again" regarding "It's only creepy because they're ugly, if they were hot they'd take it as a compliment"

edit: nice last-minute edit, u mad bro?

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 28, 2012

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Morgan le Fay posted:

Can someone explain to me why there is so much hate for Tim Buckley on SA?

What Yonic Symbolism said, also even though he's a crybaby idiot Tim Buckley thinks he's the hottest poo poo on the Internet (he even unironically tried to make a Gaming Holiday in which he crowned himself the king)

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Spam Fairy posted:

Done and done.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3471525

God I hope I don't regret this.

I want to just post "get out"

what the gently caress do you hope to achieve?

No really, the only appropriate thing to say is "get out" :frogout:

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Corridor posted:

Is that a parody or is it, god forbid, but is this a real actual thing?

It is not a real actual thing. Giant gun robots don't exist.

• Locked thread