Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hibiscus posted:

I'm not in touch with any of these people anymore, and they're not the sort of make things "ugly" for me. They're completely non-confrontational. Their sites are all locked down so people can't really get in to troll them. They'd probably actually like the publicity otherwise, because they're big on being known and getting new girls to notice them. Plus, most of the sites I'll be linking come from the Wayback machine. I've concluded that it's literally impossible to do this without linking, because without that, there's no context and you can't actually get a feel for things. Okay, so maybe I'm making half-assed justifications here, but I'd really like to give you guys the whole picture. This whole thing is downright Byzantine, and I can't just give you a piece of it - it's all or nothing.

You're basically waving red meat in front of hyenas here. Quit teasing and post or they'll all start snapping at you instead. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I would under no circumstances expose a nine year old to the slippery slope to horror and psychological damage that is the fanfic community.

I mean, holy poo poo.

EDIT: Okay, to clarify, not all fanfiction and not all of the community is quite that poisonous. But without the ability to monitor and filter the type of fanfic that she's consuming, and the community she's interacting with, I'd be extremely concerned that she'd be exposed to a lot of stuff that no nine year old should encounter.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 26, 2016

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I hope other posters who contributed stories will follow uglynoodles' example and post "where are they now?" updates if they happen to know anything. If we give the thread time to collect some of those - a week or so? - then I'd be happy to see it goldmined.

Thanks, uglynoodles, and thank you to everyone who shared stories.

• Locked thread