Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Man, I also tried to celebrate the end of Act 5 with a bit of music myself, but it's nowhere near the level of quality of WMM's, as I literally started making music less than 2 months ago and I'm like, still in high school. Anyway here it is I guess.

It's supposed to be a theme for the Land of Brains and Fire, but maybe Sollux as a whole, I dunno.

You're better than I was when I was in high school after two months of mucking around in FL Studio. I'd recommend more backing instruments and a more constant drum pattern throughout.

President Ark posted:

What the gently caress? Go watch Jaws, you hacks. It's a legitimately good movie.

The great movies I haven't seen could fill a library...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I always figured the dream bubble breakout theory was less about "boy, I sure like [troll] and I hope we can get more [troll]!" and more about how the four kids and twelve trolls collectively sort of came to represent the full set of players. Having them all at last united and fighting side by side against the biggest of big bad guys right at the end would feel right, in a real pose-as-a-team-because-poo poo-just-got-real way.

Not to mention it also allows a chance to tie up arcs, give characters proper sendoffs, resolve personal conflicts, see everyone at their maximum fighting potential, and just generally take all the strong characters we've seen built up have their last chance to totally explode. Homestuck is often a series about build-up, and having as many characters and forces applied to the grand conclusion (much as it was in Problem Sleuth) will only make the payoff all the greater.

I'd only think it perhaps a little too tidy if all of those conclusions were overwhelmingly positive. If everyone came back to life for good, worked out all their personal drama, sorted their relationships, and generally entered the new universe with arms linked and smiles on their faces, then yeah, a little forced. If the dead and the living have a last chance to say goodbye and bury the hatchet before the very end, on the other hand, that feels a little more satisfying.

Besides, there's just no way those dream bubbles are permanent. Something's going to happen with them, this is just one theory.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tollymain posted:

Tuesday cannot come fast enough

because gently caress all Mondays.
Just how TOKED UP do you even have to be to wait through Monday?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Well Manicured Man posted:

The great movies I haven't seen could fill a library...

Well, guess you know what you're doing tomorrow! :colbert:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

My biggest complaint is that I can't get to MSPA from work, which means that I won't be able to see it until I get home.

I'm going to have to wait all day to see God-Tier Karkat. :(

Pretty sure that won't be a problem, because instead you'll see Dead-Tier Karkat. As in, he'll be dead. He's going to die.

I don't want to be so certain about this! He's my favorite character. He's so good. He's too good. Too good for this sinful paradox space.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Dolash posted:

Besides, there's just no way those dream bubbles are permanent. Something's going to happen with them, this is just one theory.

I'm not entirely sure about the dead breaking out of the dream bubbles, but it has been said that something is killing the Horrorterrors so this is almost a certainty if you ask me.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Mastermind posted:

My biggest complaint is that I can't get to MSPA from work, which means that I won't be able to see it until I get home.

I'm going to have to wait all day to see God-Tier Karkat. :(

I'm going to be stuck in BE class all day :(
Guarantee you it'll happen at 1025. My MSPA-sense will be going off like a fire alarm, and there'll be nothing I can do but wait :smith:

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

Pretty sure that won't be a problem, because instead you'll see Dead-Tier Karkat. As in, he'll be dead. He's going to die.

I don't want to be so certain about this! He's my favorite character. He's so good. He's too good. Too good for this sinful paradox space.

No. No this is not happening, because it cannot happen. Karkat is the best character.

Although, honestly and seriously, I don't think Karkat's going to die, at least not yet. He's the main character of Hivebent, just as John is the main character in the Sburb part and, arguably, in all of Homestuck. So I think he's got a pretty good chance of making it far into the endgame, though I realize that by saying this I have actually sealed his fate.

North of Gravity
Jun 30, 2007

did y0u pr0gram this r0b0t t0 have feelings f0r y0u?
R0MANTIC FEELINGS???

D --> Is that not ok

marsattacks posted:

Do you think the Ancestors are going to show up at all?

I would pretty much love a Handmaid vs. Condesce showdown.

And I'd like to find out whatever happened to the Summoner and Mindfang.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Tollymain posted:

I'm going to be stuck in BE class all day :(
Guarantee you it'll happen at 1025. My MSPA-sense will be going off like a fire alarm, and there'll be nothing I can do but wait :smith:

I hope it doesn't happen at 10:25. I have to leave for work by 10:30 on Tuesday, the temptation to risk being late for work would be too great.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But you won't know unless you check, will you? :pseudo:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Tollymain posted:

Guarantee you it'll happen at 1025

9:25 central :v:

content: I'm in the school of thought that the EOA will be part interactive and part standard flash. If that's the case, What i HOPE the interactive part will be is playing as John on LOHAC, in which you yourself have to scratch the beat mesa, all the while fighting off monsters trying to stop you. That would be such a sweet game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
You know, I don't care about who dies or lives. I just want to see this through to the end.

besides "THAT HUSSIE ARRGH" gets old fast. (not trying to sound like a dickhead here, and apologies if I did)

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)
I'm hoping I won't be at work when it goes up. I live in a funky time zone so timing is often weird for me. But I fully intend to stay up all night until it's posted if necessary. I want to be there the moment if goes live if at all possible.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dolash posted:

Not to mention it also allows a chance to tie up arcs, give characters proper sendoffs, resolve personal conflicts, see everyone at their maximum fighting potential, and just generally take all the strong characters we've seen built up have their last chance to totally explode. Homestuck is often a series about build-up, and having as many characters and forces applied to the grand conclusion (much as it was in Problem Sleuth) will only make the payoff all the greater.

Not to mention the final boss fight in Problem Sleuth- in a way- basically was a giant, non-stop afterlife breakout.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Sollux having a foot on both sides might be a hint, or it might just be Sollux being Sollux. I'm not counting on any kind of breakout beyond that, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised either.

CidGregor posted:

If that's the case, What i HOPE the interactive part will be is playing as John on LOHAC, in which you yourself have to scratch the beat mesa, all the while fighting off monsters trying to stop you. That would be such a sweet game.

I wouldn't expect something quite so heavy; but clearly there's going to be something unusual about it or there wouldn't be any reason to worry about it running on everyone's computers.

Then again, maybe it's just because it's that goddamn big. How many situations are in immediate suspense right now?

- John's about to scratch the Beat Mesa.
- Rose and Dave are having to deal with DD and then need to blow up that sun.
- Jack in the troll session is about to defrog the human universe.
- Jack in the human session is still hanging out right next to Jade how is that possibly going to end well
- WV is about to get blown up and/or finally put on that ring, maybe start fighting Jack somehow, or something.
- I guess the end of this would be a good place to finally show more of Lord English than his eyes, but who knows? The situation with Aradia's ancestor is more or less resolved, unless AH wants to throw something extremely unexpected at us on that front.

Less urgently, the surviving trolls are going to be watching for a green blip to steer for, and it seems like the sprites might have one more job to do, perhaps. Damned if I know what it is, though. I'm curious about a bunch of other stuff (for example: Spades Slick and Snowman are still out there! What's going on with fedorafreak? What did Betty Crocker actually do? Was she involved in getting Jade's grandpa from the past into the session? :derp:) but I don't think most of it is going to be addressed here.

I'll have to get up and go to university at about American east coast midnight tomorrow morning, so maybe if he's fast I'll get to take it in first thing!

Goddamn (six hundred and) twelveterhooks over here. Bigtopperhooks? Better not.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

quote:

How many situations are in immediate suspense right now?

drat, I was typing up a huge situation post, but this sums up most of what I wanted to say more succinctly. But here are some other things of note, anyhow:

-CD is in posession of a wallet that we know ends up with Jack/Cal. :ohdear:

-WQ has a spirograph key that could operate this suspicious machine.

-WK is waiting in the lotus time capsule with Rose's wizardfic. Relevance unknown.

-Something is going on a deicidal rampage in the Furthest Ring. Probably not Lrd English. Probably Jack. (Comedy option: Eridan)

-If the Green Sun is a beacon that will allow everyone to escape the Scratch, what is the purpose of the two fourth walls situated ONE YARD apart? Also, the Denizens want to hitch a ride somehow.

Meanwhile, throughout Paradox Space

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Walliard posted:

-Something is going on a deicidal rampage in the Furthest Ring. Probably not Lrd English. Probably Jack. (Comedy option: Eridan)

It's not a comedy option when it's the most likely result.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Hoping for a Ben StillerLord English reveal.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

- Jack in the troll session is about to defrog the human universe.
When did this happen? I don't remember this; I though Jack in the troll session was just destroying everything.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I really hope that as soon as I sit down at work tomorrow I can gaze upon the wonderment that will be the EOA flash.

Has it really been two months plus? Not going to do any speculatin' until things get rolling again though.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Evil Mastermind posted:

When did this happen? I don't remember this; I though Jack in the troll session was just destroying everything.

The whole "Jack is the cancer, it's him" bit. Towards the end of this sequence of pages.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
If the flash is up before I go to work tomorrow, I will watch it and be useless all day thinking about it.

If the flash doesn't go up before I have to go to work tomorrow, I will think about watching it and be useless all day.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I started reading this a couple weeks ago and finished the archives the day before yesterday.

What the hell have I gotten myself into? Confused as hell and loving it.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

ArchRanger posted:

I started reading this a couple weeks ago and finished the archives the day before yesterday.

That's a pretty typical reaction.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ArchRanger posted:

Be glad you skipped the long hiatus.

Remember when people were freaking out over the week long break after the Aradia/Equius kiss?

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
I'll probably be at work when it's posted :( I wonder if my smartphone can handle it...

(actually, I'd much rather wait until I have a good, reliable computer for full effect. I love my phone but its processor can only handle so much)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh, hey, a new thread. Glad I decided to check in before the day of days.

Just to weigh in, I hope the flash is indeed animation so I can watch it in the morning before going to work (assuming it's not like 20 minutes long, as well assuming it goes up early 10/25).

It's been a really weird two months, but I think having the thread closed was a good idea. Since I don't really follow formspring/tumblr/twitter or really any kind of Homestuck news outside of these threads, what insanity went down during the downtime?

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

I'm pretty excited about this! It's good to have the thread back so I can do my usual lurking. I'm seriously hoping that some of the denizen plot hooks come into play. It seemed a little odd that such a huge reveal came about at what felt like the last minute. Hopefully we see a cut of Jade making The Choice.

Cavatica fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 24, 2011

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Well, I'm unreasonably excited for this flash. Two months seemed a lot longer than that!

...anyone else tempted to youtube a homestuck flash reaction video?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Hussie will go on a week long hiatus after the flash drops

:negative:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Fat_Cow posted:

If there was any reason for why we'd experience another drought of updates immediately after the flash, I'd bet it's so he could work on the presumably shorter A6 opening flash, assuming every act post A5.2 follows in its footsteps.

Susat fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 24, 2011

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Azruelli posted:

If there was any reason for why we'd experience another drought of updates immediately after the flash, I'd bet it's so he could work on the A6 opening flash, assuming every act post A5.2 follows in its footsteps.

Will he ever make a write up for Part 2?

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Fat_Cow posted:

Will he ever make a write up for Part 2?

That's a good point, a Write-up for part 2 might be also due.

Didn't we also get a write-up in the middle of part 2, though? Or is my memory foggy?

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
Hopefully the entire flash will be the exciting 10 minute story of Ms. Paint's origins.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I actually find myself excited for Homestuck again, good job! I hope the plot gets more focused as we approach the end, because to be honest I'm tired of keeping up with (at least) three different stories and an uncountable amount of characters and subplots. I know it's one of the reasons people like it so much, but if you're only reading casually and don't, say, create timelines and fan trolls for fun, it can get a little annoying.

Fat_Cow posted:

That can only mean that the flash will be one week long.

E: spelling.

Comrade Question fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 24, 2011

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Azruelli posted:

That's a good point, a Write-up for part 2 might be also due.

Didn't we also get a write-up in the middle of part 2, though? Or is my memory foggy?

We did. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005138 It covered all of the events up to the point where Jade prototyped her dreamself.

Edit: Fixed link.

Cavatica fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 24, 2011

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Cavatica posted:

We did. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005138. It covered all of the events up to the point where Jade prototyped her dreamself.

Your link is broken because you accidentally included a period in the url. :ssh:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Nate RFB posted:

It's been a really weird two months, but I think having the thread closed was a good idea. Since I don't really follow formspring/tumblr/twitter or really any kind of Homestuck news outside of these threads, what insanity went down during the downtime?

You missed the totally awesome Jailbreak album the music team put out. Oh and also the mspa forums didn't break out into Lord of the Flies dysfunction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, nothing seemed to descend into chaos and cannibalism, though every time the progress bar updated Tumblr kind of imploded a little bit.