Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.
It got stuck at 89% for me, you tease of a download!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I hear the sound of a thousand computers exploding all at once! It's a good thing.

:f5:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Aaaaand newgrounds appears to have crashed. My blue balls will blot out the sun.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Stuck at 92%. What happened?! And now Newgrounds isn't responding

[Edit] In light of the update not loading, I guess it's... interesting? that this last page is still linking to the first page of Jail Break instead of the next comic? :sigh:

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 25, 2011

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
gently caress it, I'll check back in an hour or so.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

"This animation will not run on this computer" :qq:

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
God drat, I got the whole thing downloaded, and...

Sorry, the animation won't run on this computer for some completely unknown reason. Try another computer.

What the butt :mad:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Alabaster White posted:

I got that error partway through. :negative:

EDIT: Oh, and of course newgrounds is down now. gently caress.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Hahaha we killed newgrounds.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

FFFFFFFF-

I got past the preloader in the newgrounds download, got the play button to appear, clicked it...

Then got the above image.

I can't afford to stay up so late! I need to sleep! I needed to sleep an hour ago!

BUT MUST SEE FLASH.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Alabaster White posted:

I don't HAVE another computer to try this on fuuuuck

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I think Hussie just broke a giant flash movie hosting service that wasn't even his own.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
E: Seems it actually works and was just corrupted or something. So near and yet so far.

Comrade Question fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 25, 2011

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I suspect that's just a placeholder error that activated because of the immense strain the site is under.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

YggiDee posted:

I don't HAVE another computer to try this on fuuuuck

Pretty sure that's more that the flash video was corrupted by the DL crashing :ssh:

The entire site is gone now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Newgrounds servers down for maintenance! :pseudo:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Unintentional DDOS are the best DDOSes.

quick, someone pretend to upload the file to freerepublic.com

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Chunky12345 posted:

Newgrounds servers down for maintenance! :pseudo:

Their maintenance page is horrible. loving loud-rear end sound-effects, why

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Zorak can the people who got the flash to download rehost it or would that be :filez:?

Edit: I'm laughing right now imagining how some poor newgrounds employee was just drinking his coffee having a perfectly normal day when suddenly in the space of 3 minutes the site reaches max capacity and crashes, and he has no drat idea what just happened.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 25, 2011

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
Never seen Newgrounds crash this fast. Hell, never seen Newgrounds crash in a long while. The power of the Hussie fan base is remarkable in volume, voice, and F5-spamming capability.:legion:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Brought to its knees.

Newgrounds flash page posted:

IN UR TANK, MAINTAININ UR SERVERZ :3

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Right now Newgrounds administrators are opening up vidchat and saluting each other.

"It's been a pleasure serving with you, gentlemen."

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Dang, I had it playing for a while but it froze on me. I saw such wonderful things!

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends
Welp, I guess I'm going to sleep. The flash really won't be available soon from the looks of it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
This is pretty much exactly what I expected would happen.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

JackGeneric posted:

Dang, I had it playing for a while but it froze on me. I saw such wonderful things!

Yeah, I only got about 30 seconds in when it froze for me. It didn't load completely, and then when I tried to load it again the site died. The flash uses Tensei's version of Descend, if anyone is curious.

I Use Dialup
Jan 24, 2009
I had the flash playing for a few minutes before it crashed, I have the bluest balls right now.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

This is the cost of having no less than 10 computers on me at any given time all f5ing in unison. Jade doomed us all.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Even though I saw this coming a mile away, the groin crushing desire to see this flash has crippled me as a person and I'm not going to be able to function until I see it.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Ultimate Homestuck blueballs here.

And of course the updates happen as soon as I step away from my computer for half an hour.

Oh no, Jade. Noooooooo. Karkat really can't have nice things, can he?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Guys.

Guys.

Don't you get it? It's the Scratch :haw:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

[S] Cascade was secretly Hussie's plot to destroy Newgrounds. It seems to have worked!

Damnit Jack, you'd better fix this with your crazy omnipotence powers. We JUST started this shindig back up and already I've got a memorial avatar.

But he won't, so we can be pretty confident now why Jack in the troll session has a bloody arm and is supremely pissed off.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Talorat posted:

Zorak can the people who got the flash to download rehost it or would that be :filez:?

I am pretty sure absolutely no one got into or saw anything of the full flash before Newgrounds melted down.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

It played for like 5 minutes then cut to an error that said it wouldn't run on my computer. What the hellllllll

Edit: Ha, although it looks like I've seen more than anyone else here.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
It was as if a million voices cried out and were suddenly silenced ...

Also
This is the beginning of the Scratch. First Newgrounds goes down. Then Google. Then 24hr news sites. This is the beginning of the end, people.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

quote:

Temporarily hosted off site.

Mirror crashed. Will try something else later.

:v: Welp.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

"Mirror crashed, will try something else later."

HUSSIE :argh:

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Zorak posted:

I am pretty sure absolutely no one got into or saw anything of the full flash before Newgrounds melted down.

I just finished watching it, it's about 14 minutes long judging from my steam timestamps.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Talorat posted:

More like :pt: Huss wasn't kidding when he said that 2 million people all downloading the flash would bring just about any host to its knees. Mildly surprised he went with Newgrounds but maybe they cut him a deal (esp. given the banner ad, etc on the page on MSPA.) Joke's on them, no ad revenue if your site's down.

EDIT: Really curious to see if he's able to find a solution; his blog post lays it out pretty clear. This is an enormous potential traffic spike for anything short of a global CDN (I...kinda doubt that "free" CDN startup mentioned earlier would work, or not cut him off about 30 seconds into the spike.) and those are Not Cheap. There really aren't any magic bullets here, so again: curious to see what the resolution will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The mspa.com placeholder flash changed. "Mirror crashed. Will try something else later."

e;fb