Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Ice_Mallet posted:

It's just a plank of wood supported by cinder blocks. For some reason, it's difficult for me to even call them tables.

Standard design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Presumable posted:

The strange thing about the newest Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff is that it seems to be referring to something that's already happened in Homestuck, instead of foreshadowing or reflecting current events. "Ripped" refers to Scratch's body tearing, and how much more large and muscular Lord English is in comparison (hence jeff being smaller). Also notice the felt green in the background of the inset panel.

Huh, I thought it was back-referencing something too, but I thought it was the kids (red universe) all achieving god-tier and getting all tricked out, to the amazement(???) of the trolls (blue universe). The first green background would still be the green sun, just the outside rather than the inside.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Since we've just seen a sign of maplehoof in universe B2, I think that completes the set of meteor objects. I've casually tried to trace their circuitous paths through paradox space, from their origins to their current locations, in both universes, assuming that the meteor bifurcation theory is true, which it looks to be. There are some gaps I can't fill.

In universe B2, listed by who they were eventually sent to earth with.

John - Inscribed Sassacre Tome. Began as a fresh sassacre tome in Johns room, was inscribed by nannasprite and dropped. Taken by Grandpa to the ectobiology lab. Went with baby john and became old sassacre tome, in dad's safe. Currently... in Johns sylladex I think?

Rose - Soiled Bunny. Began as the original Con Air bunny, obtained by John, soiled on his planet, gifted to baby rose. Passed through Knitted Bunny phase in Roses care, and gifted to John, who gave it to baby Jade. Ends up as Liv Tyler, either destroyed in the green sun or with dave and rose and trolls.

Jade - Knitted Bunny. Began as the same original Con Air bunny, became Rose's soiled bunny, Rose Knitted on it and sent it to John, who gave it to baby Jade. Jade grew up with it, sent it across universes to Jake, who turned it into Liv Tyler. Either destroyed in the green sun or with dave and rose and trolls.

Dave - Maplehoof. An ironic present to Rose from Mom, seen in their strife flash. Made its way into the game, then to the ectobiology meteor, and sent to earth with baby Dave. Turned into a striking leather bib. Current location of bib unknown.

Nanna - Dads Soiled Hat. Began as Dads original hat, soiled on johns planet and left in the ectobiology lab. Seen with baby nanna here. Having trouble tracking this ones current location.

Grandpa - Flintlock Pistols. Seem to have been a pair of Grandpas normal pistols, left in the ectobiology lab. Used to shoot Sassacre. Became Jades flintlocks, involved in Grandpas death in the past with Tavros's involvement. Currently in Jades possession? Or possibly lost in her roomsplosion?

Mom - Mutini. Found by Rose in the skaianet facility. Taken by John on his jetpack tour, and thus made it to the ectobiology lab. Sent to earth with baby Mom, current location / eventual fate unknown.

Bro - Dream Cal. Hated into existence by gamzee under future cals influence. Made it to the lab on Bros hoverboard. Went on to become real cal. Currently with Gamzee.

In universe B2, the history of these objects is literally identical with the above, up to the point they leave the ectobiology lab with the babies. At that point their histories bifurcate and we haven't got a lot to go on. Many seem to have just sat around in bedrooms or been uneventfully passed down the generations. Notably, the objects in B2 will be older or younger than their B1 counterparts. Again listed by who they arrived with on meteors.

Jake - Flintlock Pistols. Sitting in his room.

Jane - Dads Soiled Hat. In her room.

Di - Dream Cal. In his room.

Ro - Mutini. Seen with Ro in a block of ice for some loving reason.

Grandpa John - Inscribed Sassacre Tome. Heirloom passed to Jane. Notably aged as a result.

Grandma Jade - Knitted Bunny. In Janes room, dressed as Indiana Jones. We dont know how he got there, but Jake could have received it as an heirloom and gifted it to Jane.

Rose Mom - Soiled Bunny. Also in Janes room, dressed as a wizard. Possibly a similar Heirloom-to-Ro / gifting route.

Dave Bro - Maplehoof. Unknown. But a small maplehoof... figurine? is on Di's desk

\/ duh, fixed

Fagtastic fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 13, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
What is it with guys who build robots and horses.

Fagtastic posted:

Ends up as Liv Tyler, currently on the prospit ship.

Where'd you get that? I'm pretty sure we last saw Liv with Dave and Rose just before the Tumor went off.

Also, I think B2 Mutini is probably the one frozen in a big block of ice; the cat Ro may have just inadvertently sassacrushed is more likely Jaspers - during his absence from the B1 universe - though of course that isn't confirmed either.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Fagtastic posted:

Turned into a striking leather bib. Current location of bib unknown.

Why can't all Homestuck theories be this perfect? :allears:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I recall a long while back Hussie actually livestreamed the making of one of his pages. (I believe it was the frame of Dave looking at the croc-shaped temple with the clock on it.) Is a video of this saved anywhere? I've been very curious about Hussie's actual digital comic drawing process.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
If anyone can trace the most recent mentions of the B1 versions of the hat, the pistols, the sassacre tome and Mutini do tell.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Why can't all Homestuck theories be this perfect? :allears:

That's not a theory, it's explicit in the comic!

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Chunky12345 posted:

I see that Dino Strider has some good taste.

Yeeesssss I totally came here to say his name has to be Dino. It is a curse, he must be cool to live up to the name, or cursed to looserdom. Normal people cant be named Dino.

It's why Dave is named such. He does not bear the curse of having to be insufferably cool all the time.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Cheapsteaks posted:

Man, for a guy with some hi tech that's sure one simple rear end table he has in his room.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to gank cinder blocks from construction sites these days

Putting up old school crap like that in this day and age takes serious dedication to looking like a complete tool and/or person who can't afford a table but still somehow managed to find a conveniently unattended building project in tyool 2011. (Obviously you can't just buy some bricks, that would be like getting a men at work sign from the internet.) What I'm trying to say is the mad ironies are out in force here.

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
On the subject of Dave being awake on both derse and earth, I think that Hussie implied it when gamzee had his last conversation with him, because when Dave closes his eyes he sees that 'loving puppet.' I may be wrong but it appears that he was unconsciously aware of his derse surroundings.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

What is it with guys who build robots and horses.

This got me thinking how much I'd like to see some of the reset kids talking to the trolls, but unfortunately so many of them are dead that the conversational opportunities are considerably curtailed.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
DiStri is cool and all.. but I really hope we get to see adult B1 kids in this universe. Especially Rose. :allears:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Dolash posted:

This got me thinking how much I'd like to see some of the reset kids talking to the trolls, but unfortunately so many of them are dead that the conversational opportunities are considerably curtailed.

Well, if Jake's dreamself really is dead... we might see him expand his role as advance contact next time he goes to sleep.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I have this theory that's been rolling about in my head since we found out the Condesce has replaced the Black Queen, and it might be complete bullshit, but I feel like putting it out there anyway since this last pesterlog just reminded me of it.

Many people (including me) were counting on a new instance of Scratch for B2's first guardian, in keeping with the apparent functioning of scratched sessions, but then GCat came along to mix things up. Jake seems to point to Lord English's presence in some way, though what exactly it is and how much of it is just Hussie playing with expectations is anyone's guess for now.

And what about the Felt? LE is a kingpin and not just a time-travelling demon puppet-pimp. Does that mean whichever universe he's marked for entry will have the Felt? What about Snowman, since she appears to be an essential member of the gang despite being the exiled Black Queen?

So, what if B2's BQ has, indeed, been exiled to join the Felt in the future, destroyed Earth? And what if Di--'s "gonna have to take him down" is pointing not towards Jack's death, but to his exile as well? And what if this potentially exiled Jack ends up inexplicably forming a 20's style mobster crew too?

Basically, where I'm going with this is... uh... Well, I'm not exactly sure, but maybe we're witnessing the backstory for Act 6 Intermission 3, AKA Act 111111 of the Midnight Crew adventure!

... Or maybe we'll never see the Felt and the MC again, but I want to believe. :(

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I did another song that I might end up submitting to the contest along with Heirstrike. This one's about 4x-prototyped PM!

"Bête Blanche / Queen Me"

I'm a little worried that it might sound too much like the piece I was inspired by (same time signature, same lead instrument), but I'm sure once I'm done revising it they won't bear as much resemblance.

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 13, 2012

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like it!

Also, can somebody help me? How do the sizes of hoodies on What Pumpkin work out? I want to buy one for a friend who usually wears large shirts.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Well Manicured Man posted:

I did another song that I might end up submitting to the contest along with Heirstrike. This one's about 4x-prototyped PM!

"Bête Blanche / Queen Me"

I'm a little worried that it might sound too much like the piece I was inspired by (same time signature, same lead instrument), but I'm sure once I'm done revising it I'm sure they won't bear as much resemblance.

It does sound quite a bit like the inspiration. Even more if you give it the 30-second test (i.e. just demo the first 30 seconds, like a radio station would). It's different enough, but in the sense of "cartoon sorta using the Indiana Jones theme but so they don't have to pay royalties". I'm sure it will get more distinct as you work on it.

Amateur ideas, stop reading from this point if that annoys you: Maybe start a little lower-energy and build up a bit - i.e. narratively-speaking, start from just before PM finds the ring, move on the noticing it and deciding to put it on, and THEN high energy as she prototypes. Since she's something of the enemy of the kids' enemy and so the kids'-side crusader, you might use the kids' characteristic instruments to build the base of the theme. Then pick something (either unique or a variation on a kidstrument) as a solo instrument for the main line instead of the string ensemble, emphasizing that PM is a solitary figure.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Huh, looks like Di-- is going to be Jane's server player. Different.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Paul.Power posted:

Huh, looks like Di-- is going to be Jane's server player. Different.

Not that different, considering that Di-- is pretty much this world's Rose.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Striders are always serving the ladies, like some kind of dude on Butler Island.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Convenient that that explosion propelled Jane out of her room; no uprooted bathtub's gonna keep her out of that study anymore!

I wonder if post-Scratch Dad is secretly a street juggler or something and Jane freaks out when she gets in his room and finds all his balls and pins, meticulously organized by size, weight, and flammability. :allears:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

Convenient that that explosion propelled Jane out of her room; no uprooted bathtub's gonna keep her out of that study anymore!

I wonder if post-Scratch Dad is secretly a street juggler or something and Jane freaks out when she gets in his room and finds all his balls and pins, meticulously organized by size, weight, and flammability. :allears:

Maybe being raised by John kindled in him an undying love of harlequinade.

KoB
May 1, 2009
John was only crazy about harlequin poo poo because of Gamzee, and Dad only did it because he thought John was into it, right?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Oh gently caress you Hussie I was really panicking for a minute there.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
It's amazing how awesome Dad is despite never speaking :allears:

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
I know he bakes a lot but the line "his afternoon cake" is still really funny to me.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
What kind of guardian would get killed in a computer explosion anyhow?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ActionZero posted:

Yeah I freaked out there for a second. A gasp may have been released.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Pfeh, it would take some type of nigh-omnipotent murder-happy agent of destruction to get the better of Dad. Quite frankly, the notion strikes me as preosterous.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

ActionZero posted:

Didn't help that the image for the last page wouldn't load on my phone so I had to go back on to my computer to find out he was ok.

Also, hooray for callbacks to Eggs and Biscuits and getting locked behind giant safes on Derse.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

JT Jag posted:

Yeah I freaked out there for a second. A gasp may have been released.

I actually completely missed the additional page and just sort of sat there for a moment, shocked.

Man was I relived when I finally came out of my reverie, noticed, and clicked the next page.

Dad is such a great character despite not have any dialogue. There is something about his actions that speak volumes. The blank face does not detract from it at all.

Gnome de plume posted:

Pfeh, it would take some type of nigh-omnipotent murder-happy agent of destruction to get the better of Dad. Quite frankly, the notion strikes me as preosterous.

This is still one of my favourite scenes in the whole of the comic. Jack KNOWS Dad is a huge badass, and it is only after he is invincible that he decides to take him on.

life_source fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 14, 2012

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Haha, Dad is bald.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He's a giant Bruce Willis style badass. Of course he'd be bald.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

life_source posted:

This is still one of my favourite scenes in the whole of the comic. Jack KNOWS Dad is a huge badass, and it is only after he is invincible that he decides to take him on.

I always interpreted that as Jack feeling he owes Dad a favor for destroying the poo poo out that terrible hat. :shobon:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Andrew's toying with my emotions. :mad:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Dad's going to have to get on his Serious Business feed to get some advice on removing scorch marks from his hat.

Notice though that the cake is still perfect. Truly a professional.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah, that thing is decorated and everything, straight out of the oven.

Doesn't miss a trick, that man.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Well, if Jake's dreamself really is dead... we might see him expand his role as advance contact next time he goes to sleep.

Speaking of... if Jane's dreamself did the lifey thing and is still alive, but her Prospit tower is destroyed, does that mean she'll next wake up on an unprototyped battlefield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Speaking of... if Jane's dreamself did the lifey thing and is still alive, but her Prospit tower is destroyed, does that mean she'll next wake up on an unprototyped battlefield?

She'd probably wake up were she died, on Prospit.