Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that holy poo poo that animation was loving crazy

Best of luck getting it to play. I closed it without thinking :(

e:

Yeah it's seriously like 14 minutes. Be prepared with a drink to spit out when the cool poo poo happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zokari posted:

It played for like 5 minutes then cut to an error that said it wouldn't run on my computer. What the hellllllll

Edit: Ha, although it looks like I've seen more than anyone else here.

5 minutes :psyduck:

wait wait 14 minutes :aaa: :psyboom: :aaa:

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I clicked the download link before the site engsmsploded and it gave me cascade_loaderExt.swf. As far as I can tell it's just the preloader, it doesn't work any better than the website did.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Sockser posted:

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that holy poo poo that animation was loving crazy

Go into your temporary internet files and grab it, for God's sake.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

David Copperfield posted:

Unintentional DDOS are the best DDOSes.

quick, someone pretend to upload the file to freerepublic.com

I would've gone with a bitcoin exchange site for that joke, but those things crash whenever more than a single person logs in at once.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Sockser posted:

I closed it right before a friend of mine asked me to livestream it for him :(

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Goddamn I know if I just go to sleep it'll be accessible by morning.

BUT I CAN'T

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Demonlord posted:

I closed it right before a friend of mine asked me to livestream it for him :(

The file should still be in your cache. See if you can dig it up. :)

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Demonlord posted:

I just finished watching it, it's about 14 minutes long judging from my steam timestamps.

Can you snag the .swf? Also 14 minutes holy poo poo that's almost an entire sitcom episode.

Sockser posted:

e:

Yeah it's seriously like 14 minutes. Be prepared with a drink to spit out when the cool poo poo happens.

Socks you loving bastard I will never forgive you for this.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

5 minutes :psyduck:

wait wait 14 minutes :aaa: :psyboom: :aaa:

Gahhhh.

This is terrible.

Waiting is terrible.

Everything is terrible.

I am just going to try and get myself to close all mspa links and not look until tomorrow.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
I've never been so happy as I did when I saw 40 new posts in this thread

And now I'm crushed

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.
Saw the whole goddamn thing before it crashed, because I had the prudence to type 6009.

:smug:

Jade is wearing Hussie's shirt. Her smashing through the 4th Wall with those planets was actually Hussie smashing all of the Internet with Homestuck.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
He just needs to upload it to some file download site like Rapidshare or Megaupload or whatever. Maybe provide a bunch of individual links for different sites.

It just needs to disseminate some rather than having one contact point with all the MSPA hordes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A milky bead of information fresh from the teat of Andrew's twitter:

quote:

andrewhussie andrewhussie
well, that didn't work
1 minute ago

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

A milky bead of information fresh from the teat of Andrew's twitter:

sadtrumpet.aiff

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Damnit. If there wasn't a hint of an update before 1 I'd probably scamper off to bed but now I need to refresh MSPA, Newgrounds and this thread for the next 3 hours until something works.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I love dancing Courtyard Droll. He actually did something smart for once, but it was too late, and now it look like Jack is gonna kill him. At least we know where the blood on Jack's hand is gonna come from now.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Zorak posted:

I am pretty sure absolutely no one got into or saw anything of the full flash before Newgrounds melted down.

I did and I'm in Australia!

ACTUAL SPOILER FOR THE FLASH DO NOT HOVER OVER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT: OH GOD JADE'S GOD TIER SUIT HAS EARS. Also Terezi pointing at the sky in the wrong place and Karkat moving her arm to point in the right way.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Well gently caress, I got about four minutes in and then got an error message. I then started cursing wildly because I expected it to be some sort of meta-troll by the Huss, but apparently not.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

closeted republican posted:

I love dancing Courtyard Droll. He actually did something smart for once, but it was too late, and now it look like Jack is gonna kill him. At least we know where the blood on Jack's hand is gonna come from now.

And he probably would have gotten away with it too, if only Jack hadn't actually been present to witness the event! It always sucks when you do precisely what your boss asked you to do, only to have your boss scream at you for doing what you were asked to do. Or in this case, get screamed at and then punched through the chest.

Skepsist
Oct 22, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Please someone mirror it or create a torrent or share your file or SOMETHING I HAVE TO SEE IT OH GOD

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
Well, that explains what sent Noir over the god drat edge.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
*Tom Fulp bursts out of the bathroom with his pants still around his ankles*

"Say Newgrounds! Newgrounds Industries!!"

Andrew Hussie: "And you wanted to be my Flash host..."

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 25, 2011

Skepsist
Oct 22, 2011

by Fistgrrl
If someone knows Andrew, tell him that he can host it on megaupload, or as a torrent.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
Yup, it's around 13/14 minutes. Although it crashed right at the end for me. I really liked the (music choice spoilers)heavy metal choice of music. Very different from the past flash music choices.

MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless

Oxxidation posted:

Right now Newgrounds administrators are opening up vidchat and saluting each other.

"It's been a pleasure serving with you, gentlemen."

(BTW: a friend of mine has seen the whole flash. I hate him.)

Tom Fulp was woken in the middle of the night. Calls almost never came this late. Groaning, he reached over his fine wife to the phone. "What is it?" he grumbled, managing to squeeze in an agitated tone despite his grogginess.
"Tom," said a very familiar voice, "it's Wade. We have a problem."
"What could be so bad as to wake me up-" but he was cut off."
"He uploaded it, Tom." interjected Wade. "Hussie uploaded his End of Act Five flash."
"Oh, is that all?" said Tome, already settling back onto his pillow. "What's so bad with that?"
"Tom, you don;t understand!" Wade half-shouted. "He uploaded it: ON NEWGROUNDS."

Within an hour, Tom and his executive staff were at their Pennsylvania headquarters. Wade readied his key, but they never even got close. A rumble was heard overhead, then a massive explosion ripped the windows clean off their frames. The windows were literally ejected from the building, then broke as they hit the ground. As hard drive cache after hard drive cache ignited from the pressure of over two million viewers simultaneously flooding their site, Fulp could only watch in horror as his mighty flash empire fell in tatters about him.

Tom fell onto all fours, his wife weeping beside him and brother gawking at the chaos.
"It's over." said Tom. "It's all over."
Nobody had the will to say any more. They had all seen the horror this new creation wrought. Newgrounds was officially a hole in the ground, an empire laid to waste by a single attack.

And far away, in his secret layer, Hussie watched ans smiled a large, red-lipped smile. Fingers flying over the keyboard, he proceeded to implement his next move. Where to upload it now, he wondered? Perhaps Youtube, yes... it's been quite some time since they had an unscheduled break. And then... well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. The day is young after all, and there are so many sites yet to make fear the date 10/25.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skepsist posted:

If someone knows Andrew, tell him that he can host it on megaupload, or as a torrent.

He says he'll do that only as a last resort.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Quick, someone get newgrounds to its quest bed!

Skepsist
Oct 22, 2011

by Fistgrrl

closeted republican posted:

He says he'll do that only as a last resort.

THIS IS THE LAST RESORT

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Anyone who got to watch it I hate you all.

I even had 6009 ready to open the second someone would've said it dropped but I was watching my terrible japanese animes in waiting :(

Plaxinov
Aug 25, 2010
Not gonna lie, this shitstorm is only making the wait better. Didn't get to catch a glimpse but I hear it's great.

loving love this comic.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Quick, someone get newgrounds to its quest bed!

But dying to give us the EOA5 flash would be heroic! Which means it's just go right back down again!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I don't think it'd even be possible to yank it from our caches because I'm pretty sure it downloads separately as 8 different files. And I can't find them in my cache.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Skepsist posted:

THIS IS THE LAST RESORT

Yes.

I really am angry at all of you who have already seen it. I am angry at you and also myself for maybe briefly hovering over the spoiler text and seeing a word or two which is just enough to make the wait more frustrating.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

FutureSushi posted:

Anyone who got to watch it I hate you all.

I even had 6009 ready to open the second someone would've said it dropped but I was watching my terrible japanese animes in waiting :(

Now you know what you must never ever do.

Skepsist
Oct 22, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Hussie's Tumblr posted:

I had actually planned in advance to try hosting it on NG for a little while, til things cooled down. This is the solution I was referring to below. It has worked well before. This is different though, due to the magnitudes, so I ran it by Tom Fulp first, who owns the site, and he was agreeable to this idea.
He suggested we put it in a section reserved for higher volume transfers, which sounded cool. But I hadn’t heard from him in a few days. So I just tried putting it on the dump site, as I did before, figuring it might be able to sustain it for a while, during some off peak hours until the better solution was available. This was not the case, so I took it down. I’m not out to break anyone’s site.
I’ll try something else tomorrow. In the meantime, please have patience.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW HUSSIE PLEASE

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

quote:

I had actually planned in advance to try hosting it on NG for a little while, til things cooled down. This is the solution I was referring to below. It has worked well before. This is different though, due to the magnitudes, so I ran it by Tom Fulp first, who owns the site, and he was agreeable to this idea.

He suggested we put it in a section reserved for higher volume transfers, which sounded cool. But I hadn’t heard from him in a few days. So I just tried putting it on the dump site, as I did before, figuring it might be able to sustain it for a while, during some off peak hours until the better solution was available. This was not the case, so I took it down. I’m not out to break anyone’s site.

I’ll try something else tomorrow. In the meantime, please have patience.

Son of a BIIIIIIIITCH

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
So there's no hope today?

No hope . . . at all.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Alright, you bastards who have actually seen it, give us a summary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skepsist
Oct 22, 2011

by Fistgrrl
THIS IS THE MOST EXCITED I'VE BEEN IN YEARS THERE'S NO WYA I'LL BE ABLE TO SLEEP NOW

Bogart posted:

Alright, you bastards who have actually seen it, give us a summary.

NO DON'T GIVE IN