Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

creationist believer posted:

Did they whisper the MEOW code to Rose? I don't think that was ever stated. Besides, on the troll side of things, it was 4 Prospit dreamers and one Derse dreamer who wrote the code that created Scratch.
They did not-in fact, they whispered her to DESTROY it. Which she did, but not before Dave captcha'd it when she was asleep. DD stole it while he was goofing around, and the presence of a dead Dave kept him from pursuing the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Mr. Pumroy posted:

It's been there. I remember because it was the first time I ever saw that painting, and it's not something I could ever forget :swoon:

I was thinking, the outer gods were the ones who helped Dave to map the coordinates for the Green Sun and presumably chose Rose to be the navigator. Did they know that it wasn't going to be there and that they would, in fact, create it? Or did time poo poo preclude them knowing that Dave and Rose would arrive at its time of creation and explode it into existence?

It seems like all the speculation that English is killing the horrorterrors doesn't jive with the fact that they were instrumental with bringing him into being, and of all the players in this they seem to be the ones least likely to be slaved to paradoxical inevitability so their motives for why they'd help to create the Green Sun if LE is killing them seems pretty inscrutable. Which I guess goes with the unknowable cosmic gods motif but isn't very satisfying.
I've been thinking about this, and the conclusions I came up with is that either the unknowable cosmic gods are kinda dumb or that they are taking an extremely long view, seeing what's happening so far as inevitable. If the theory behind the Greenfyyyre Godtiers being English's puppets prove false, then the Horrorterrors might value the abilities of their new possible allies (Seer of Light/Knight of Time) as a way to free them from their predicament.

It's possible that they're still evil, though unaligned.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Thundarr posted:

The Handmaid technically lived far longer than anyone mortal ever had the opportunity to. I agree though that if Aradia is an agent of Lord English, she will jump at any opportunity she gets to undermine his plans.

Another thing is that LE likes his tools to be older than the kids, compared to Scratch.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I think Boneless Jogger's point was that all the other trolls were already at the top of their respective echeladders and had no ability to advance w/o reaching God-tier themselves.

Edit: also, while she was taunting Tavros before he resolved to fight her she mentioned powerlevelling the remainder of their session after her resurrection while he slept-so there's that too.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 26, 2011

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Captain Oblivious posted:

Undoing the damage caused by a roaring inferno isn't "just moving things around", so no, it still seems perfectly doable from what we've seen of First Guardian powers.

Inexperience is the only plausible excuse.
j
Three possibilities:
1. The. Seppucrow prototype removes the need for guts because there is a sword buried there or Prospit rings have benevolent properties as opposed to Red Miles.g
2.She tries kissing him, and their tears brings Ash back to life.
3.Either way, it will be a success, because although Jack stabbed his way through the exiles, it's still her task to bring him to justice, and she still can appoint a Wastelandic Vindicator.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
If Gamzee lives to see LE or possibly even a post-scratch Scratch, any claims the villains may have on being the mirthful messiahs of prophesy might set him off again in a good way.

edit: it was I who received the scalemate from blackflare, and either my Xoom and/or Tumblr has been a pain in getting that adventure online. Since it's been delayed, odds are I will have to buy some CHALK and do goofy th1ngs.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I for one am just glad that the cHiLlEsT mOtHeRfUcKeR iN tHiS sToRy Is StIlL kIcKiNg AlL aLiVe LiKe :o)
One thing I didn't get was how people some people complain that the other trolls "aren't upset at being around a 'mass-murderer'"

Gamzee killed Equius, whom Karkat sent out to deal with Makara in the first place, and Nepeta, who attacked him after he choked out her palemate.

Sure, there's the whole loving-with-Egbert's-dreams poo poo going on, but who even knows that outside of the audience at this point while they're all out there chilling on the meteor?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Robo Pope posted:

Seemed pretty clear that Jade knew where the others were and what they were doing at the moment, so I don't see why PM wouldn't since they both have Bec powers.
I'm guessing Jade does because she has Space powers and PM's ability might have more to do with the role of being a Prospitan Monarch with long-range planning.

Nate RFB posted:

It makes me ridiculously happy that WV is not only probably going to make it, but join our main hero group
That would be sweet and something I hadn't even considered. I thought it would have more to do with WV's ability to unite people from the two moons, even in the midst of war. Maybe it can be both?

If the popular theory that B2 characters are populated from B1's reckoning, then it might not be absolutely mandatory that B2's reckoning happens in the first place?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Level Slide posted:

Speaking of volume 8, I can associate most of the songs (the free ones at least) with their respective events except Ocean Stars Falling. It sounds far too relaxed for the Squiddles on its cover.

I guess it's for the [s] update where 48 Squiddles are introduced and summarily killed off...
Ocean Stars Falling is too awesome to be left off an album.

But something unrelated I've been thinking about-in regards to the popular theory that the ectobiology babies ride the reckoning to universes B1 & B2...

Would that mean anything for the Exiles whom also rode meteors? Would it mean anything for Bec Noir?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Bobulus posted:

Actually, assuming all meteor items were duped, as evidence has supported so far, there are now two Cals:
Ever since I rewatched Jack: Ascend, I've had a hard time sticking by that theory.

When Rose sees the MEOW code scrawled on her wall in Derse, the text flickers briefly to GCAT. I suspect there will be another Ectobiology session. The clones themselves might go to B1, because each universe seems connected and the whossname circumstancial spontanious bluh bluh is a huge deal in this story, to the point I'll be really surprised if B2 Jack doesn't lose an eye.

[Edit-stupid tablet keyboard]

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 3, 2012

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Zorak posted:

That's because M, E, O, and W don't mean anything in genetics. G, C, A, and T do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleobase

The whole MEOW transforming into G C A and T is just showing that each of the letters corresponded to an actual nitrogeneous base in DNA. All DNA use certain ordered base pairs of Guanine, Cytosine, Adenine, Thymine, the order being the "code" as it were that determines the outcome.
Right, but would you say I'm chasing a red herring if I suspect GCAT went toward making GCAT, as opposed to Bec as we previously believed? Granted, the mountain of evidence seemed to point towards the code being used by DD to make Bec. I was figuring something done with the BARK code will somehow lead to Bec's creation in B1.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Dominic White posted:

You could say they just had a...

Heart to heart.

(I'm so, so sorry)
Don't be.

As for DD, odds are he'd have to deal with Dirk before Roxy. He's probably at her tower right now while she's in a dream bubble. Good luck navigating that!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

creationist believer posted:

I thought Jake's double pistols and a wink was going to be the best thing I saw all day, but then that flash kept going. drat.

I assume she's been setting up her empire on B2 Earth since the early 1900s and it's pretty self sufficient by now. Then she just recently moved to Derse to rule there directly.
Maybe it's the other way around, and when she goes into exile it won't be to the future but the past :tinfoil:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I guess Hussie's now going to get besieged by crappy webcomic authors asking for a crossover Mutini gimmick kitten for their comic.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Midnight Raider posted:

It was stated that Jack following the Prospit royalty was mostly a coincidence, as he was just mostly using the pod and the reckoning to avoid getting deleted in The Scratch. As he liked to stab things, and Dersites naturally hate Prospitians anyway, he took advantage of a good killing when he got it by chance.

I was under the impression Jack took of so he could hitch a ride to the Trolls' session so he could destroy Bilious Slick, from Karkat's revelation.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
It might still just be the Condesce and her drones out there.

I'm sure if she still had brigades of Archeradicators, Threshecutioners and such that they would be sent instead of the admittedly impressive dudes rocketing in whose primary task is milking trolls for DNA.

(I do think she's doing all this in her own way, with the best of intentions for Trolls now as when she was guided to make the most oppressive regime imaginable outside of 40K)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

closeted republican posted:

Perhaps there's something Karkat or Terezi still need to do that would facilitate LE arriving or doing something in the future? Scratch seemed to imply that Karkat and Terezi still need to be alive for something during his narration of the Vriska vs. Jack fight.
Alphachat!

The big thing is probably respond to Terezi's memo on whether to meddle with the kids. Terezi's assurance that it would be worth it and Karkat's subsequent groaning have already happened (in the future) just as Doc Scratch had a picture of John's first conversation with Karkat from Karkat's perspective.

Whether there is some sinister plan designating what makes something the Alpha Timeline, the rule I've followed so far is "{Blank} is already here"

-Jack is already in the session, so orchestrating the demise of the innocent would have been futile to stop him.
-The Knight and Seer already communicated in a memo after the Great Undoing, so any timeline Terezi let Vriska charge towards Jack would have been a beta one.
-Lord English is already here, and as much as we'd like to cheer Aradia's ancestor there was pretty much no way she was getting out of that one.

Freewillchat:
Doc Scratch "...the Critical Event, a confluence of thickly interwoven, aconcurrent circumstances which have been meticulously arranged by myself, influenced to a much lesser extent by you, and by an even more negligible degree, our heroes."

Welp.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Pieces of Peace posted:

Ouch. If John's being honest here, between "that troll girl" and doomed John's dream-date, any eventual meeting between him and Vriska is going to have major tragic potential.
At this rate, he's more likely to meet Mindfang's ghost.

People talk about dream bubble breakouts occasionally, and it wouldn't surprise me as being the part of some sort of combo rave if there is a massive fight with an endboss... but I don't see it as a plot point to get her back in the game.

When Jade prototyped her dead dreamself, Jadesprite was anything but happy to be pulled out of her afterlife. If Vriska's last message to John was truthful, then her afterlife with beta-John is pretty much the ideal reward she wished for all the way to being stabbed in the back, and probably then some. Either way, I don't see her being in a rush to escape it and go around kicking rear end.

Alpha John still has two years to go, and I'm not sure whether he'd think much of her over those. TWENTY years later, maybe. Then again, that her death is still a serket nobody's letting him in on might lead to a reaction when he finds out the truth.

Also: I look forward to when we get callbacks to the Ghostbusters 2 MMO, especially

John Egbert posted:

follow me so we can seize the high ground against this hideous ocean dwelling marshmallow man, and steal all of his treasure.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Welp, either Betty Crocker has a name or we have a whole new cast to be introduced to.
Too bad it isn't an anagram of DEBBIE

Edit: Kinda telling John recalls Vriska now!

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 24, 2012

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Is this the first time anybody's called John an idiot to his face? It seems like most of the characters delicately sidestep around that fact.
Karkat has always been tactful, I'm sure.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Bobulus posted:

edit: Why are you guys assuming A1-TrollQueen is like A2-TrollQueen? There's probably a huge nature/nurture thing going on here. By nature she may be a bit of a jerk, but this version seems...a lot less refined.
A2 TrollQueen's been around for centuries, possibly millenia. She almost certainly attended the Scratch Finishing School for Prosperous and Monstrous Girls.

I do wonder if she was the one making the bargain with Echidna and her wishes went towards A2's state.

edit: (re: refinement}

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

YggiDee posted:

If Meenah believes that she is dead because her plan worked, do you think maybe that plan was the A1 Scratch?
I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. I don't think anybody bulb-headed was involved, though he has talked to girls in other universes before. I suspect this was between her and Echidna

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
An Aranea/Rose Pesterlog will be as long as Act 5.2, so I doubt that pair will ever meet.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Dolash posted:

Not much new information here though. We hear that Terezi's still guilty, and the explanation doesn't defer her guilt in a "there's nothing you could've done, it was fate" way without blaming her either. Very even-handed. I'd still like to hear more about what happened with Aranea and why she's here now though, we've yet to hear why she's chosen to show herself.
More like there were two things she could have done... let her go or kill her. If there was to be any additional paths, they would have spawned from hypothetical choices Terezi previously made in dealing with her Scourge Sister. These hypothetical choices and their consequences are probably spelled out in 8ad fan-fiction.

As to why she's chosen now to show herself, they are probably in tune with her role as a Hero of Light (probably Seer) determining the best path towards the future of her race.

edit: inserted the word "previously" without which these words wouldn't have made much sense.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 27, 2012

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Oh yes, and why is Aradia not mentioned when considering fugitives? She is neither DEAD nor a member of their party now. (still think it could be Condesce but probably not UU/uu)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Nate RFB posted:

Karkat really needs to have a serious discussion with Terezi at some point, it definitely seems from this Aranea conversation she'd be pretty introspective about this kind of stuff after all.

I think he tried to, but I think it was a subject Terezi was trying to avoid thinking about too much at the time. She likes games and fun, which is why she preferred to stay in Can Town. When she does think about serious issues, she's does so away from Karkat and Dave-both are self-centered and not that much help.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Alectai posted:

True enough

If there's any such thing as a glitch that can bypass his immortality, it's a being that killed his own universe, while inside said universe, not dying along with it.

Which means that Slick is going to show LE his stabs, and that ends LE for that universe, right up until the cycle restarts again.

Because it would be totally fitting if the guy who's this big ominous, omnipotent villain, winds up getting offed by a half-dead thug with a knife :)
I strongly suspect this will be the case.

It's also a heck of a cliffhanger to pull away from Terezi meeting Meenah, though I suspect that brat, while being an antagonizer, won't actually be an enemy-even despite what we've seen. This might even go for the Condesce herself.

King of Solomon posted:

Aranea is Mindfang. She confirmed it herself. She's just the pre-Scratch (A1) version.
She is and she isn't. Aranea's been dead since before Scratch even arrived to Alternia, after all. She saw from birth to death the avatar of everything she wished to be, but she never actually got to be that person. (It kinda killed a theory of mine that the kids in B1/B2 would switch universes somehow as they grew older, but maybe it wasn't a strong one to begin with.)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I'm just sad I lost my bet.

All this time, I thought it was going to be That loving Wolf that finally got him.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Pessimism posted:

please be a bard please be a bard please be a bard
Will this suffice?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I do hope that album is released today, though I won't be too disappointed if it isn't (still hope it's soon though!)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Pessimism posted:

To be honest, neither of them seems very mirthful to me.
I figured Scratch and Ol' E were the mirthful messiahs anyways, especially the latter. English unleashed the Vast Honk, no less.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
That's what happens when you let them sleep.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Nate RFB posted:

The music was "Rain", from Medium (released exactly one year ago).

It was weird hearing rain without light attached. If you own the album, I heavily recommend combining tracks. Rain on its own was better for the flash to contribute to the desolate atmosphere, though.

I guess it was nice seeing the boonbuck. The Nobles will need to climb their echeladders somehow.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Update. If you ask me, Hussie lost out on an opportunity of having people call a 900 number for tips. I suppose people would have checked Gamefaqs instead.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Bongo Bill posted:

He'd be (all together now) already here. It would just be prudent to check in with all four of them as early as time travel allows, rather than allow Gamzee to run amok. So there must be some reason it's happened this way despite the presence of a more experienced, benevolent, and prepared Time hero. We just don't know what it is yet.
And maybe they are!

The B1 kids had a really, really long day. And they're experiencing three really long years in the intermissions. That's no reason they can't start appearing over the course of Dirk, Roxy and Jake entering the Medium this Act, even if we don't see them until later. The intermissions can still cover the next two years as a source of exposition (and more importantly, hilarity) while allowing the battlefield and four additional planets to arrive.

(even though I said that, there's a good chance that's NOT what's going to happen)

Oh yeah, and for every morsel Aranea gives Terezi, I have to wonder how much information trading Aradia is conducting as a guide!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Welp, this is why we were overreacting at the coffee. I can't help but think this flash should have been released 3 days later but I can understand if people are impatient.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

rear end-Haggis posted:

Yep, gonna go ahead and say that all coffee on Earth is orchestrated by a murderous alien clown mixing up weird aliens to make beverages.
Not that far a stretch, considering.

Is there nothing free from the batterwitch's gnarled claws? Next we'll find out Gamzee is behind all the flavors of Fruit Gushers too.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

CidGregor posted:

It was definitely said at some point, I believe by both Vriska AND Terezi. But that doesn't necessarily disprove the theory earlier in the thread that Gamzee somehow reached God Tier without anyone else knowing. Or maybe even WITH someone else knowing (Karkat, most likely, in this case) and keeping it secret. But yeah, we saw so relatively little of the trolls' session, it's entirely plausible. Hell, maybe even his dreamself was on a quest slab inside Prospit when Jack blew it up, for all we know.
Aradia ascended without anybody realizing it until they met her in dream bubbles, and it still wasn't common knowledge until the intermission. Gamzee easily could have been the same way. There was no dream body to turn our backs on.

Edit: ^^^^
Unless he died somehow and his dream self got roasted. Or, he could have the costume but not actually be god tier

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 17, 2012

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Why would the kernel divide? This is a post-entry prototyping.

I kind of hope that it does, though, if only because the trollsprite splitting would almost certainly lead to something even more horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Were I betting man, I'd put money on Jane still screaming.