Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Davebot, or original flavor Dave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm taking a little break from Homestuck, so I'm only getting updates of what's happening 2nd-hand from this thread, and it's a wild ride.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think the issue is not that Homestuck is getting weirder or anything like that, but that it started weird, then gradually turned into melodrama, and is now trying to sneak back to weird.

All the parents lacking facial features because the kids can't empathize with them is weird. Bro's whole deal is weird. Jade being raised on alone on island by a dog is weird. The whole ectobiology mobius strip of procreation is very weird. But we accepted these things, because the comic was new and there were no set rules. By mid-act-6, all the rules has been 'set', and now it was more about playing out the results, or analyzing the original acts from this new perspective.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's been real, folks. Thanks for a decade of speculating about a silly internet comic.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I imagine Hussie is probably making some other creative endeavour under a pseudonym, and we'll never find out.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Just started playing Hiveswap act 2, but, uh... Is Zebede dead?

- Xefros, who was pretty worried about taking stuff from the first trolls' hive, keeps making comments about how it's fine to take stuff from Z's hive.
- He looks in the well and then tells Joey not to look in, and gives a bad excuse (you'll go blind)
- If you make him look again, he doesn't go blind, but he says he doesn't want to 'deal' with what he sees.
- Xefros also makes comments to the effect that he's sure Z's lusus hasn't been fed in a while.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It is I, returned every year to demand to know why I *still* can't get a light-player mug in the Homestuck store.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The hiveswap kickstarter got an update. I'm too lazy to read it all, but it seems to be a big rant about people claiming the money was stolen by either development company or Hussie.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Okay, I felt like I wasn't being fair to the what pumpkin team, so I sat down and actually read it. It's basically a long document explaining all the various hassles that happened during development, including:

- Yeah, their game dev refusing to pay back the money after they canceled the project.
- The NYC studio (the 3d version) being made, and then subsequently shuttered because of said money troubles.
- Some insinuations that an unnamed employee at the NYC studio was violent (?) and was part of the reason the studio was dissolved instead of just paused?
- An interesting detail is that the 2d drawings used in the finished Hiveswap game were made from the concept art used to develop the 3D assets in the earlier version of the game? Huh.
- A footnote about a bunch of the incorrect rumors about Hiveswap development coming from someone who got laid off before the NYC studio was formed
- Some comments about how a bunch of this wasn't publically stated until now because it would've made the project crash and burn, and probably also hurt the careers of a bunch of people, so in the name of keeping the project possible, this was all kept as much on the down-low as possible.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

posting it on your dead Patreon is weird,

Small correction: It was posted from the game kickstarter, not the comic patreon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

No, it's worse than that. That's the NYC Studio version. The one that existed after Odd Gentlemen.

The Odd Gentleman version was like this:

edit: this seems like a shitpost, but it's not.