Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Stuck at 92%. What happened?! And now Newgrounds isn't responding

[Edit] In light of the update not loading, I guess it's... interesting? that this last page is still linking to the first page of Jail Break instead of the next comic? :sigh:

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Damnit. If there wasn't a hint of an update before 1 I'd probably scamper off to bed but now I need to refresh MSPA, Newgrounds and this thread for the next 3 hours until something works.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
*Tom Fulp bursts out of the bathroom with his pants still around his ankles*

"Say Newgrounds! Newgrounds Industries!!"

Andrew Hussie: "And you wanted to be my Flash host..."

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 25, 2011

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I'm too ensnared in the failed update to go to sleep now but doubtful I'll actually get to see it before tomorrow. This is proof that God exists and he wishes for us to suffer.

Please continue to label whether spolers involve portions of the flash that have been seen rather than the text updates on the site involving Jade/Karkat/Jack/CD

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

I clicked this and couldn't tell if I was watching the beginning or the middle or the end. I don't want to risk it.

Soooo non-flash viewing speculation, I really predicted that the blood on Jack's arm was going to be CD's when he tried to prevent him from killing Jade... not him from him avenging her :smith:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Talorat posted:

non flash spoiler question : Could someone link me to the part where we saw the shaving cream bomb earlier? Also the blood on Jack's arm

non flash spoiler response: The blood on Jack's arm was first shown in [S] Jade: Enter and Jack has always had it in every appearance after his appearance in the Troll session bet never before he leaves the kids' session. The barbasol bomb's just probably an aspect of CD pickpocketing the wallet from WV, Liv Tyler took The Tumor out but left the rest of the wallet contents

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

hamtaro posted:

http://www.livestream.com/raptorbane/video?clipId=pla_71204d76-08f5-4799-86a6-69b64ebaebaa&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

You don't have to watch the streaming live, there's a recorded show. It idles for a bit, then begins at 4:20 in.

Yes, this is the stream that I like. I suddenly understand nothvrything.

Yeah, so I saw it and know that if I hadn't, I wouldn't want anyone to describe to me even what a single frame of the flash contained. It's so much better to see it for oneself. I can't wait to rewatch it in high quality tomorrow and then see the next update.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Momboy posted:

SPOILERS FOR REAL I don't think Gamzee was typing suckers, I'm pretty sure he was highlighting Doc Scratch's text saying "suckers" as a response to whatever Gamzee typed to him.
Probably something along the lines of, "the plan worked, we destroyed the green sun, what now?"

Except of course, they were creating it instead, like that other dude said. So, Suckers.

I couldn't tell even slightly what was going on in the stream. This seemed like a huge point of ambiguity and the quality of the stream made it even more ambiguous. Is that what happened? :confused:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Idunn posted:

One thing I still don't get is why killing Snowman is supposed to end the world or something. Is she the trolls' equivalent of Bilious Slick? If that's the case, why? I don't think this has ever been explained.

Other than that, holy poo poo. What is the Tumor? It appears to have both the troll and kid universes in it... so did they just destroy those universes in creating the Green Sun? Uggghhh I need some dialogue and crap I'm dying here.

Also Jade is so awesome I can't even believe it.

Because this, this and Scratch needing the universe to end to summon his master and asking Slick to kill Snowman to summon his master.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Momboy posted:

I rewatched it closely to check. That particular shot starts out with the end of a conversation between Gamzee and Scratch, zoomed out too far to make out what is being said. It zooms in to the last bit, which is only a snippet, cut off horizontally so all you can see of Gamzee's message is:
TC: oh yeah?
TC: AND JUST WHAT TH
TC: that we motherfuckin
TC: :o?

Then he highlights the line under it, which reads "Suckers."
Then we see the explosion from derse's moon creating the green sun (I think? I'm not as sure about that last part, but it's quite clear at the very least that Gamzee was just slowly highlighting the "suckers" and not typing it)

After a 3x Viewing combo I still don't get what's going on there!

Factory Factory posted:

Download torrent81 (1 file; 52.33 MB)
View torrent stats

You're welcome, thread. :allears:

E: Since this is an SA-only torrent, you'll have to do the Alluvion login, I think. It took me like 30 seconds, it's no big dealy-o.

Thanks, I just downloaded a bittorrent client and set up an Alluvion login. I feel better going to bed knowing I've rewatched the update multiple times and I might be helping others see it the first time.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

drat chimera posted:

So did Noir's MYSTERY ARM BLOOD end up being Clubs Deuce? Or was it WV

Idunn posted:

WV. He was my favourite exile...

:smith: The blood on the wallet was CD?'s, the blood on Jack's arm was WV's. HUGE curve ball in my opinion that it's PM that donned the fully prototyped ring and not WV. WV was my favorite character and I was really rooting for him to finally be the one to go toe-to-toe with Jack.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Haha, I just noticed when Gamzee's talking to Scratch, the top of his chat client says "trolling: ????????" with alternating "upper/lowercase" question marks.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Hussie did say a while back that he'd show what the design for God Tiers that don't show up in the actual comic would look like. Putting them in the store is apparently how he's going to show them.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dominic White posted:

To be precise, the bomb that made the green sun? It was fueled by the simultaneous deaths of both universes.

Aside from wherever Jade escaped to beyond the fourth wall (possibly the past?), all that's really left of anything now is the trolls (en-route), Dave, Rose and the Green Sun out beyond the furthest rings.

poo poo just got a whole new kind of real.

I could be wrong but I think that the death of the troll and kid universe doesn't mean that the respective Incipispheres are gone. Although the kid Incipisphere is scratching and who knows what's going to happen with that.

Has anyone besides me tried to decode if there's a hidden message in the next page links for the new updates?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

President Ark posted:

That was mostly fan theory - nobody really knew why he was there.

Until now, anyway.

Well, we now know that Scratch does lie, but he did tell us "On his arrival, not about to repeat the mistakes leading to his banishment, he quickly obliterated all twelve planets, followed by Prospit and Derse, to weed out those who might outsmart him in the same manner." Nothing about the way Jack ended up in the Troll's session jives with that so Scratch was probably lying to us.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Gabriel Pope posted:

It depends on how much Jack knew about the Scratch. He escaped the kids' session mere minutes before everything in it was wiped from history due to the Scratch--if he was aware of what was going on, then it would make perfect sense that he would leave (and could reasonably be said to be leaving involuntarily), and upon arriving in the troll session, immediately seek to destroy anything that might let the trolls rally to create a new Scratch.

Hmm, that answer fits pretty well with both the above quote and also an earlier Scratch quote when he said "Yes, Jack will exit your session later, but this has nothing to do with the Scratch. Not directly, as you imply."

In fact, rereading his whole conversation with Rose, Scratch never says anything that outright contradicts what we just saw in the EOA flash. He never says "detonating the Tumor will destroy the Green Sun", merely that The Tumor has enough power to destroy it. The lie of omission is that it also has the power to create it. The lies of omission are really clever and I imagine they'll seem even more clever once we start getting new information from Act 6.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

Also, just to contribute a further little thought:

Both Heroes of Space are now cliche meta-humans of the kind they secretly obsess over - a vampire and an anthro-furry. At this rate I practically think it's a requirement for a Space player.

If that's true then we are lucky Equius wasn't the Heir of Space.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Bobulus posted:

Do we even know if the tadpole survived the Forge?

Here's a quote from [S] Seer: Descend that I expect will become very relevant soon: 'Though we adore Him we shall never enjoy His beauteous Croak. We spill our blood on acres of black and white so they may cross the yellow yard. At last in Skaia's reflection through broken glass He may find the pond in which He's meant to squat.' I wonder what that pond is going to be and what the reflection is of.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Hussie just posted the third part of his clarification of events. This makes it more obvious why Jack did what he did here: first he saw the incoming Scratch, so he hopped a meteor out of there. Then, hey, this universe is being destroyed! Time to use this convenient exit device. Another session? Better smash all their planets so they can't scratch it.

The last paragraph pretty much confirms that Demonhead Mobster Kingpin is Lord English, right?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

Wait, at what point did any Jack, ever, kill Jade? The whole point is kinda the fact that he can't.

He killed Jade's dreamself in [S] Descend. That was pre-Bec prototyping.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

President Ark posted:

While you're waiting for an update, Andrew posted part 4 of the flash recap-explanation-thing on his blog.

Pop-a-matic Vrillyhoo Hammer is an awesome name for a weapon.

The god tier mechanics explanation is really interesting. Scratch's quote about Rose having a 50% chance at reaching godhood seems like funny math to me. To me, it sounds like his logic is that there's a 50% chance Rose goes god tier through option one, 50% chance through option two, and Scratch knows that she won't go with option one, therefore there's a 50% chance she'll reach god tier? Maybe he's not a gambling man just because he's bad at math.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dr Strangepants posted:

I like the idea, but are the horrorterrors and LE even on opposite sides? It seems the information whispered to the Derse dreamers helped make the green sun as much as anything else. They whispered the genetic code that makes guardians like Doc Scratch, a servant of LE, and Bec whose power allowed Jack to destroy the kid universe. And Rose got some kind of peculiar answer when she asked if the gods were evil. I believe the horrorterrors also guided and empowered Rose into learning about the green sun.

Did they whisper the MEOW code to Rose? I don't think that was ever stated. Besides, on the troll side of things, it was 4 Prospit dreamers and one Derse dreamer who wrote the code that created Scratch.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I wonder if we'll ever find out what the ultimate riddle is.

Karkat explicitly spells it out here. Assuming he's not wrong about it.

It feels like there's too many clues toward J. being post-scratch Harley. It's either not going to be him or it's going to be him in a way we don't expect. My thought was that maybe the Grandpa Harley we see wandering around the Medium was actually an adult J. who found a way back into the pre-Scratch universe, not this universe's Harley. Except that contradicts a lot of things like all the Giclops and Basilisk trophies he has.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Gabriel Pope posted:

That's part of it, yeah, but the way other characters have talked about it make it seem like it's somewhat more involved. Karkat references a future/past conversation where he had explained the Riddle to John in more detail, which appears to be an incomplete conversation, which will probably be dropped on us in flashback when it comes time for the big riddle reveal.

I think that the conversation in the lab is the immediate continuation of that conversation. It takes Karkat a second to realize that's he's back to talking to Past-John.

If the Green Sun energy is a necessary component of the second method of reaching godhood, then technically Rose and Dave (and Aradia!) did too v:v:v
vvvvvv

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 27, 2011

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
As silly as I think the "Aradia is LE's puppet" speculation is, here's a point in its favor I just thought of. It would be an explanation as to why Scratch involved himself in the Vriska paralyzing Tavros and killing Aradia. I don't think we have an exact reason for that yet, but he was very insistent that Vriska should kill Aradia. That event led to Aradia going God Tier and arriving at the Green Sun shortly before Rose and Dave emerged from it. Even if Aradia isn't LE's puppet, it seems like Scratch is certainly responsible for arranging to have those 3 there at that time.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

President Ark posted:

I'm rereading Homestuck and I'm in act 5 and I noticed a huge plot hole that will blow this poo poo wide open.

How does Vriska know Italian? :downs:

You've never heard of Italian Spidertroll?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Cyrai posted:

Sorry to double post, but oh poo poo, I'm calling it! They either just summoned some of the Outer Gods or they're going to the Furthest Ring! Look at this mysterious summoning device from the Grimoire of the Zoologically Dubious

That's just a Problem Sleuth reference (until Andrew decides it's more than just a reference)

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Cyrai posted:

The church parts are a PS reference, but there's no way that's not a fourth wall with the plug

You don't remember windows with plugs in PS? Being on the opposite side of an unpowered window puts you in a demon zone. And powered windows are also used to summon Fluthlu.

Besides, a 12-pane window that's not arranged 2-4-4-2 panes? That doesn't make any sense.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Krinkle posted:

Can you link me to that because I kind of half remember it but no idea where to even look.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005953

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Oxyclean posted:

This reminds me; has there been much significance regarding alternia's pink moon? It seems like it also has it's own satellite.

Groindless speculation, but in [S] Seer: Descend in addition to flashes of the green sun you can also see a pink sun. Maybe such a thing exists and powers... I dunno the horrorterrors or something and the pink moon will fit in the story similar to the way the green moon did.

Oxxidation posted:

It's worth noting that Scratch doesn't say that a session where players can't clone themselves is English's calling card. He said that English's calling card is a minor, subtle error that snowballs until it renders the session impossible to complete. For the kids, that's Jack Noir and his prototyping spree.

Or a glitch in the alpha timeline that causes a paradox, like the trolls existing but never creating themselves. That'd effect the ancestor session but not the kids session.

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 28, 2011

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

YF-23 posted:

Well Doc Scratch is more a result of the deal the first-session trolls made with "the mother of all monsters", since he was the one who pushed their society to result in battle-eager warriors.

Was it ever mentioned who that "mother of all monsters" was? It sounds (and probably is) awfully important. If not, I guess we'll see once Jade gets to the new universe, perhaps.

Echidna. What is greco roman poo poo doing in this game anyway?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

King of Solomon posted:

I forget offhand, but didn't Echidna merely help Jade find the frog? I don't recall her being involved in the scratch process. On top of that, the deal Echidna made with Jade was that she (and the other Denizens) be brought with, which Jade did do (brought the four kids' planets and Skaia along with her.)

This made me look it up and reread it again and Jade says:

quote:

?GG: the choices she gives you seem to have to do with facing mortality
?GG: and making it clear if you choose one path over another it will lead to your death
?GG: and that your death may even be necessary to accomplish a goal

And it was necessary for Jade to die to hold up her end of the bargain. I hope we learn what the bargain presented to Kanaya was that she turned down was, all she says is that it wasn't important or interesting and also impossible.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Call me crazy, but I think I know what the tiny pink moon around Alternia's pink moon is now...

quote:

GA: Your Hubris Is Really Astonishing
GA: Easily Twice The Mass Of A Universe I Think
GA: That It Hasnt Collapsed Upon Itself Into A Tiny Lavender Singularity Is The Most Striking Marvel Paradox Space Has Coughed Up Yet

:tinfoil:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
My favorite sequence is Kanaya and Rose's snark-off recapped at the beginning of Act 5 Act 2. Those 2 are my favorite non-WV characters and it still impresses me how that whole non-linear sequence was written over months. I think Karkat at one point says when you start trolling someone, you don't start drawing diagrams you just do it. I think that line was an inside joke because Hussie must have started drawing diagrams for the trolling he was about to write.

Close runners up would be Rose and Mom's passive aggressive-off on the fridge, WV's introduction, and most recently Rose and Dave's conversation where they kept talking about burgers and sports.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Aradia has always been kind of a special case. It could be something related to her ability to commune with the spirits of the dead, it could be something that happens to any player who dies before the game starts, it could. E from the influence of Scratch/Horrorterrors/something else. Kind of the way Hussie has worked is throwing out a lot of details that don't mean anything until suddenly they do. The pink dual moon of Alternia could be one of those. I'm just dreading when LE kills John by feeding him peanuts.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Comic posted:

Wait, now that John is godtier, he could probably eat peanuts without worry! He might temporarily die but he'd get better. There is nothing heroic or just about peanuts.

Tricking John into eating peanuts would upset the Prankster's Gambit to the point where the God Tier immortality failed to apply. You can't beat LE in a prank-off, he is simply the best there is.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

King of Solomon posted:

Well, while the dream bubbles are outside the furthest ring where time is...weird, it's worth mentioning that at that point in the storyline, the dream bubbles didn't actually exist yet. That happened after Feferi died.

Slight point, but it was when her dreamself died and she went to sleep to show there was nothing wrong with sleeping without a dreamself and setting up the dream bubbles. I don't think that's the reason why Aradia became a ghost instead of going to a dream bubble, I think that's just because Aradia is Aradia. Probably.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

King of Solomon posted:

Yeah, I considered that. I wasn't sure exactly, especially given how nonlinear the troll timeline got at times, so I went with the safe choice.

Yeah, it was just a minor point developed in Alterniabound when you talk to Feferi as Karkat and in Jade's first conversation with Feferi. It would be weird of dream bubbles turned out to be the solution to all the problems and Feferi set them up though.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I thought the horrorterrors set up the dream bubbles, and Feferi asked them to do it.

That's what I meant. The Horrorterrors set them up at the bequest of Feferi when she when to sleep without a dreamself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Eiba posted:

So what's the alternative, introduce the beginning? "It's about a kid trying to check his mail, but he's got a crazy videogame inventory system and he keeps loving up."

Personally, my introduction to Homestuck was [S] Dave: Accelerate and I think it's a perfect introduction. Good music, shows the amount of action you can expect, and doesn't spoil anything so much as make you wonder how the beginning gets there. I watched that flash and saw all the troll avatars here and thought "I gotta see what's going on with this thing"