Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

marsattacks posted:

Although honestly we've got like a 20% chance of the flash just being the word "PSYCHE" fifty times, and then "THE END" and that's it for Homestuck.

This would be hillarious and almost worth it.

Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

what the gently caress did I just watch? :stare:

Now to read the thread and have other people tell me just exactly what the hell happened, holy christ.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Webcomics are now 15 minutes long, fully animated and scored video clips.

I feel like this is a Big Deal and there should be noise in comics and entertainment sites about this.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Walliard posted:

I gave up about an hour ago.

I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew cover. And it's not even by Bowman.

Black still remains my favourite Homestuck track, so this version of the base track is so good.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

A Jake Blanc, if you will.

But who would have that much Sepulchritude?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

What annoyed me about Hivebent was that it was already slow moving, with a massive amount of info dump about weird alien romance, and then when it was almost over, Hussie threw a fit about people complaining and repeated a bunch of poo poo while having his author avatar yell "HAHAHA LOOK HOW STUPID YOU ALL ARE LOOK WHAT I CAN DO"

Almost gave the comic up right there.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Android Blues posted:

It was literally the fastest the comic's ever been, he was averaging like nine new pages a day or something and the storytelling was super compressed. I mean, you may not have been interested in what was going on in it, but in terms of both pace and schedule Hivebent was faster than the comic's ever been before or since.

It wasn't Hivebent, it was Hussie's intrusion into the comic to moan about poo poo I didn't care about. I wanted to read about the characters, not the author.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Seoinin posted:

It's impressive his on-the-fly storytelling works as well as it does, but you have to admit it does lead to some pretty jumbled messes occasionally. He eventually teases out most of the necessary plot points, but until then things can get confusing.

e: And yeah, Cascade is a huge wodge of poo poo to figure out at first. Doesn't help that the thing is a quarter hour long and you can only skip certain chunks of it.

Agreeing with all of this. Cascade was good, and I caught most of what was up, but I had to come to the thread to get all the nuances. The exact timing of Jack's shennanigans threw me for a bit.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

She's got a picture of Ron Swanson on her wall.

New best character confirmed.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

FewtureMD posted:

Dis anyone else see the "element" hints in the flash? I swear I saw the Windy Stuff in Texas, and the Island's clouds looked suspiciously like the ones on LOLAR. Let the rabid element speculation commence!

I saw them too, and also noticed that the pattern of sunlight on the water near the island resembled the surface of the beat mesa. So if I had to speculate, I'd say

Jane: Something (Heir?) of Light (We see the Sun symbol first for her)
Bro: Something (Knight?) of Breath (Windy clouds in front of the buildings)
J: Something (Wizard?) of Time (Beat mesa-like light, LoHaC suggestive lava)
Mom: Something (Seer?) of Space (only one left if we assume the same elements as the kids)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Since I wasn't around when Hivebent was live, I can only imagine it featured many posts like that. At least here the new typing gimmicks aren't as unpenetrable. Also we pretty much know and understand the significance of what's happening now, which wasn't necessarily apparent in Hivebent until the very end.

Yeah I pretty much got any expectations of normal pacing out of my system with Hivebent and just realised that it was going to be a constant cycle of build to a climax, then back to square one, which would EVENTUALLY pay off.

So I understand being nonplussed about the scratch kid shennanigans, even if they are far more tied into what's gone before than the trolls were (initially).

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

This is loving hillarious.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

What are the odds that whatever follows Homestuck will be done in html5?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Midnight Raider posted:

And straight into the green sun, where she'll come back as God Tier II.

"Sorry I took so long.." :ssj:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Admiral Lasers posted:

she said herself that they might see her again in dream bubbles along the way! space and time work weird out there, remember. without a sunbeam to chase, it was a serious concern that they'd cross causality trails and crash into themselves at a point in their timeline after that very crash had already happened!

This sounds like a hint as to ways to defeat Lord English.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Paul.Power posted:

Good news: holy poo poo.

My God...

:stare:

...it's beautiful

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

That is the worst loving post, seriously. "hey guys check out these creepy nudes I "ironically" found"

:stare:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

TOAST7312 posted:

But yeah, this thread feels as though it's slowly spiraling in a direction that one would generally consider A Bad Thing.

:confused: This is some pretty drat civil discourse we've got going on here, things were much worse when we descended into Vriska Chat.

I think more than a few people have nailed it re: the gap between Hussie's intent and the actual results, as well as his reactions, so I'm pretty willing to shrug and move on, provided the minor meltdown doesn't intrude even further into the comic like it did with Troll Romance.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Starmaker posted:

But yeah I think at one point or another we all hit a bit of a wall and want the drat story to hurry along. For most of us that was 5.1 with the trolls, but that turned out to be important and pretty necessary (well. Most of it.)

One of my friends who was a fan of Homestuck told me today that he's stopped reading. When I asked him why, he said that he'd already been through all this stuff at the start of the story, it just felt like a rehash for no particular reason and he was going to wait till it was all finished to read.

While I don't really agree with him (certainly not enough to stop reading) I totally understand where he's coming from.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Well, we could start guessing UU's "exclusively female" class I suppose. Witch, maybe Sylph, Maid...?

Maid.

She's a Handmaiden.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

This by no means has to be the only one. If someone else wants to start another one up go ahead.

Run two games that turn out to be the same game. :colbert:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

PHOOsun posted:

Finally! They are about to start playing the game, feels like a long time since the start of Act 6 until now. Wonder how the page counts compare between this set of kids starting to play and the originals.

Time to cut away to UU and reveal their 20 friends, each with different issues, personalities and typing quirks!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Or Page of Rage.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Hempuli posted:

I've read every page but not every pesterlog

You may have missed quite a lot. :psyduck:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Walliard posted:

It's the playing cards metaphor at work. Joker beats everything.

He's simply the best there is.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Fucknag posted:

God loving dammit dave.

He's like a really ironic version of Luke Skywalker.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Also: Calling it right now, the Knights are gonna throw down. Blood will be spilled, all of it red, and Terezi is going to go crazy over the resulting smell.

..This could segue into a callback to the Sollux/Eridan fight.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Oh Karkat. I feel like you're channelling a million E/N posters.

Talk to Terezi you douche, not Dave.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Well Manicured Man posted:

DAVE: thats the spooky thing about penis ouija you can never be sure who did the dicks
DAVE: was it you or me or maybe a ghoooost???

Someone needs "Penis Ouija" as a user name, with this as the custom title.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I'm not really sure what to think of John's dismissal of Vriska. Maybe it's just an intentional 'trying to play it cool' thing, but I dunno if John's really that kind of guy.

I thought it was pretty clear that he still cares, and his dismissal was a way of trying to tough it out. Jade asks "what about you John", brings up Rose, and what does John do? Bring up Vriska then spend a lot of time talking about her, while saying "oh but that doesn't matter she's probably forgotten me/that happened a year ago etc etc"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

It'll likely come down to Goblins or xkcd vs. MSPA. It's kinda depressing xkcd gets so much love.

The current poll is xkcd vs. LICD. Give me xkcd over that piece of poo poo any day.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Hopesploding the Matriorb puts his rampage pretty beyond the pale.

I think you mean "beyond the pail".

EDIT: Wait, yours works as a joke too. :v:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The new album is good and all, but I was kind of expecting a comic today rather than just some title screens. :(

drat you Hussie, conditioning me with your rapid update schedule!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Suddenly, I understand jack poo poo. Again.

Dead alternate without creepy eyes yet? Or did he actually go god-tier while no-one was looking?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

dumb brunette posted:

He has Aradia's time machine so it's probably Gamzee from the future.

That said, obviously the details of how are still a gigantic question mark.

Yeah, I saw the time machines but it was the How that was making me :psyduck:. All the trolls' quest beds were destroyed with the rest of their incinisphere, right?

EDIT: I wonder if you could pick up a Quest Bed with a Miracle Modus...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Seoinin posted:

Yeah I'm ambivalent too. It sure is arresting! But on the other hand it renders a bunch of stuff completely moot, like that really poignant scene with beta John.

This is pretty much my only problem with it too. I liked Vriska, she was a pretty drat compelling character, and although I thought her death was a bit premature, I thought her chilling with Beta John in the afterlife was a :unsmith: little coda.

This though, I don't know what the gently caress is going to happen next, which is always a good thing,

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

If there aren't people working on Vriska/Tavros themesong mashups RIGHT NOW I will lose faith in the internet.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Beyond that, I don't see why total bodily destruction implies she's gone for good. I would imagine the whole God Tier resurrection accounts for that. If he had tripped and fallen into a pool of acid in a manner neither just nor heroic, I imagine she'd still come back despite having been fully dissolved by it.

Dave and Rose were immolated in the heart of a new star and they went God Tier with no problems. Bodily destruction doesn't seem to be much of a barrier.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Bobulus posted:

If he wasn't a mutant, he'd have lime-green blood.

So if one of the Batterwitch's human blood experiments made a mutant, I'd expect them to have lime-green blood.

I suppose UU and uu could be one, very confused human with a lot of troll characteristics. A twisted mockery of science with implanted horns, chemically-treated skin, blood that doesn't match itself and troll-mental-power-induced psychosis.

But that's a bit dark, even for Homestuck.

What you're describing is essentially a bio-engineered troll cosplayer.

Which is PERFECT for Homestuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Looper posted:

Actually, her reflection on what empath powers have given her was pretty depressing. :smith:

And also suggests some things about Vriska.