Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So what's the over-under on the Flash featuring Fedorafreak achieving God-Tier? I have no idea what to expect from this guy any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
For me, the one issue with Dreambubble prison break is, where does the line stop? The Furthest Ring exists 'outside of time' or whatever, and has been seen to contain the dead and dreaming from people in alternate timelines from different sessions simultaneously. There's probably more than trolls and humans. If Lord English has been doin' his thing for a while now, there could be countless instances of dead players across existence. What about the dudes who made the troll universe? Or the players who made them? It could be an infinite fractal of dead players in there.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think it sprung up around the time when Aradia began exploring the dreambubbles. It implies (to me, anyway) that the afterlife is an actual physical location. While the dead may be unable to navigate them on their own, it's not necessarily out of the question that someone else could guide them out. Given how much of Homestuck is about trying to "break" Sburb, an army of dead ex-players makes about as much sense as anything else does.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's stuck at 78% D:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Alabaster White posted:

"This animation will not run on this computer" :qq:

I don't HAVE another computer to try this on fuuuuck

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How many readers does MSPA have, anyway? I mean, I imagine it has to be a lot to melt Newgrounds in under four minutes, but how much is a lot in internet/webcomic terms? 50,000 hits? 500,000 hits?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There might be quest beds in the middle of Prospit's moon, too, but I don't think anyone has ever bothered to check.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

They were standing on Quest Slabs when they were suddenly enveloped by the creation of A Green Sun.

Quest Mattresses? Quest Unfolded Futons?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Dr Strangepants posted:

Also, am I the only one carving a Homestuck themed pumpkin this year or what?

If you carve a Homestuck pumpkin doesn't it vanish?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

starfish prime posted:

I began reading Homestuck this summer, and finished reading it the very day it went on hiatus. So I don't understand it quite as well as my friends, who have been up-to-date for a pretty long time. But doesn't it seem strange that God Tier is apparently so easy to achieve? Isn't it said at some point that going God Tier is something that never happens in most sessions? I was thinking that maybe it was happening so often because the kids and the trolls have overstayed their welcome in their flawed sessions, giving them far more time to ascend the echeladder, but it just seems unusual that literally everyone who has died on or near a quest bed has ascended.

I hesitate to say they've 'overstayed their welcome'. Jack Noir started the Reckoning early, so the Kid's session has barely breached 30 hours by this point, as opposed to the month-long campaign the Trolls had. If the kids have all reached the tops of their respective echeladders, it's probably only been through gratuitous cheating, time travel, shenanigans, and general dickery. Alternate Future Dave and Rose hadn't yet reached max level after four months, but I guess the death of all your friends might be extenuating circumstances.
I think God-Tier is a bonus rather than a requirement, ie if you're cool enough to max your level without losing your dreamself in the process, congrats! you have celestial pajamas. If you die on a questbed.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If the Genesis Tadpole survived the forge, and another frog is bred in the Post-Scratch session, would it be possible to create more then one new universe at once?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

VJeff posted:

Major Characters That Jack Noir Hasn't Killed:
1. Peregrine Mendicant
2. Grandpa Harley
3. Becquerel
4. Andrew Hussie
?. Vriska Serket - this is in the maybe pile, depending on whether or not Slick (who is technically Jack Noir!) breaking that God Tier clock killed Vriska or not.

Jack Noir has killed literally every other major character in this comic. A lot of them more than once.

Hussie's explanation about Bec Noir's trip makes a hell of a lot more sense to me now - he didn't really know where he was going or what would happen when he got there, he just kept going "Oh poo poo, this universe is dying better get out of dodge" and "Oh look, dudes. :ese:" respectively until he got to Bilious Slick.

Ooh! Jack Noir also probably hasn't killed Nanna Egbert! Yet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

VJeff posted:

Oh yeah. I guess technically he hasn't killed Jaspers either. Davesprite would count, but he's already killed two Daves by this point. :v:

We still don't know what killed Jaspers. Until there's evidence otherwise, I'll just say it was Jack.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Gabriel Pope posted:

Okay, so far in these recaps Andrew has pointed out that Lord English:

-is basically a pimp
-is associated with the kids' memories somehow
-is a master of time

D... Dave? :ohdear:

(still pretty sure LE is his own independent character and not something that an existing character "becomes" though)

I've said it once, and I'll say it again; Big Cal.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

King of Solomon posted:

Well, English can't interact with a universe (directly, anyways) prior to his entry, and there are clearly things that need to be done, else he wouldn't need in-universe agents to prepare the universe for his arrival. It may not require Doc Scratch specifically, but I don't think English was ever in the Kids' universe prior to the Scratch. He almost definitely is in the post-Scratch universe.

Isn't that the whole point of the phrase "He's already here"?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, he briefly saw Mom and Dad on the battlefield, but Vriska woke him up from that. Do the ecto-shenanigans count?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'd put his survival at unlikely but not impossible. Carapaces, on the whole, seem to be astoundingly sturdy. They aren't going to die of old age any time soon, and the exiles wandered the desert of Earth for 400 years. Slick didn't die from losing the arm and I imagine that sort of thing bleeds pretty enthusiastically.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Gabriel Pope posted:

Interestingly, note that the main theme of the dream sequence isn't about WV fighting Jack, it's about WV being Jack.

Someone theorized that PM is going to beat Jack and the barely-alive Vagabond will be saved by putting on Jack's ring. HMMMM.

Homestuck: Saving a guy who's bleeding to death by removing his arm and eye.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Starmaker posted:

And putting a sword through his chest

The sword can plug his punch-wound! :downs:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

curiousTerminal posted:

Someone on the last page said they didn't know what the Ultimate Alchemy was. I thought it was the creation of the new universe. I swear I remember someone saying something along the lines of "What did you think all that grist was for?" but I can't find it.

While it was mentioned that "all that grist" was for the Ultimate Alchemy, they never actually specified what the Ultimate Alchemy itself was.

e: I tried to look it up but MSPA's search is useless in regards to typing quirks.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

thanks alot assbag posted:

When does Jade bring the universe frog into the new universe? It falls into the volcano!

(Actually it'll probably end up having gotten saved last second, but we didn't see that happen)

Well, she brings the volcano with her when she shrinks LOFAF, and the Genesis Tadpole may have survived.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

President Ark posted:

I'm rereading Homestuck and I'm in act 5 and I noticed a huge plot hole that will blow this poo poo wide open.

How does Vriska know Italian? :downs:

Better yet, how do they know English? And how the hell do typing quirks work with the upside down daedric font? It doesn't even have numbers. They can't even use emoticons. There's no uppercase or lowercase!

e: goddamn we all jumped on that one

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just for argument's sake- having one's grandmother raised by a monster that is quite likely an alien queen- would that count as a 'minor glitch?'

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Gabriel Pope posted:

beta Vriska flying out of space to deliver pirate justice.

I'm a little wary of the idea as a whole, because if Theoretical Beta Vriska didn't win her fight, then there would be a goddamn Beta Jack Noir coming in for another round of stabs.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Zoolooman posted:

The pre-Scratch/post-Scratch stuff shouldn't be so hard. Yes, the hard reset has occurred. However, the pre-Scratch universe still existed, and things which left it before the reset have a coherent history going back into that pre-Scratch world. No contradiction there. From the perspective of paradox space, there are two Earths now, pre-Scratch and post-Scratch. Jack destroyed the pre-Scratch universe pretty far into its life. He hasn't touched the post-Scratch universe yet.

If you're wondering where the frog with the new universe is, you're still not thinking with the tools the story has given us. It's the *same universe* with a different history starting at another point. Thus, you can think of the post-Scratch universe as a new history for the same genesis frog.

It is a second history, a new alpha timeline distinct from the old one.

Building on this, every time we've seen the kid's universe in the context of Bilious Slick, it's always zoomed in on his right eye. (Our left)

There's a universe in the other eye, too.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love how angry the Dolorosa is. Like everyone else might be in awe of the Troll Messiah, but clearly she still sees him as the angry baby gummyworm who probably chewed on everything.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh hey it's the Intermission!

Sweet Jesus I thought we'd be seeing something else

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Lackey Man Ren posted:

Didn't someone in one of the past threads ask; if Lil' Cal is Lil', then who's Big Cal? 'Cause uhhhhhhhhh I think we just got that answer!

Motherfuckin' called it :cool:

Actually plenty of other people guessed it too.

I just want to feel smug.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Who says anyone has to be bothering them? While the trolls were a useful device for providing information the kids wouldn't have otherwise had, and interesting characters, there's nothing to suggest that communications like that are in any way a normal feature of the game.

What terribly crazy people programmed Trollian/Pesterchum anyway? Someone sat down and said "Y'know, this program is pretty cool, but what if you need a group chat with people from another dimension in the future?"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Zorak posted:

It doesn't need to be coded by anyway. The code can simply -exist-, and be leaked to various timelines by manipulation/ meteor drops from Skaia.

That's the thing: if you have a loop that sustains itself by giving the technology to people that results in them creating the system that gives them the technology in the first place, no one has to create the technology at all. It simply always exists.

Trollian/ Pesterchum are probably clients adapted from Skaian tech in some way parallel to each other.

Ahhh, probably. I'm just endlessly amused at the idea of some CEO requesting increasingly insane Pesterchum features, and the programmers delivering in some sort of bizarre one-upmanship.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Walliard posted:

Anywhere that's forty minutes from the nearest Burger King can hardly be called civilized. :colbert:

I'm pretty sure that's actually the definition.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

President Ark posted:

You say this, and you don't post the picture? :frogout:

Shut down fandom, we're done.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's not that there's not political allegory for Vriska, it's that the allegory is also Vriska. Vriska (Vriska) for president 2012?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Radio Paranoia posted:

That's going to get a little unpleasant during the Bec Noir / troll stabathon.

Remember those fake blood capsules John received back in Act 1? This is where they all went.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, if we're "introduced" to all these hypothetical Guardian-Kids before their thirteenth birthday, they won't be named yet. Problem solved!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Gizmotinker posted:

Maid of Life (Feferi 2.0)

Page of Hope (Eridan 2.0)

Knight of Space (Bro has sweet teleports)

Seer of Time (too drunk to tell it)

We already know that the remaining two heroes, because every session needs to create a new universe, and be able to reset itself. Responsibilities of heroes of Space and Time respectively. There was a strong implication that a Knight and a Seer are crucial to all Sessions.

Well, Bro and Mom don't necessarily need to be the ones to fill those roles. After all, there's a Witch-God of Space on her way, and I imagine Dave and Aradia, between the two of them, can probably handle Time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Bobulus posted:

What...what if the Dad of this universe is new equivalent to Doc Scratch?

Combine Cueball && Pipe && BARK code?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hussie's post taught me that I can turn off Windows 7's cleartyping. Goddamn everything looks sharp now, I'll probably keep it this way. Tahoma supremacy!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Homestuck posted:

some sort of revolting TROLL HOWIE MANDEL

Are we supposed to interpret this as "Jane has never seen Little Monsters" or as "Trolls, and thus Troll actors are commonplace"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I figure the chumhandle pattern will be EE, BE, BB and GT :v: